Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Guests
WWYD? Couple makes us uncomfortable....
Previous  1  2  3

BeershevaBubby

Post Sun, Sep 11 2011, 4:20 am
DrMom wrote:
Swinging in the frum community? shock

Pardon my naïveté, but how commonplace is this???

Signed,
Clueless BT who led a very innocent pre-frum life, despite what others may assume about non-frum folks

I love this.

Raisin

Post Sun, Sep 11 2011, 7:27 am
YESHASettler wrote:
DrMom wrote:

Signed,
Clueless BT who led a very innocent pre-frum life, despite what others may assume about non-frum folks

I love this.

I've only heard about it on here. And I doubt the couple in this case are swingers. The OP said she lives in a small community with few young couples so it sounds like this couple just want to make friends, even if not their own speed.

In any case, it takes 2 (or 4) to swing.

I would tell them or hint to them, as others said, that I don't like talking about these things (especially in front of kids!). If they still carry on, then I guess you have to drop them.

de_goldy

Post Sun, Sep 11 2011, 11:24 am
DrMom wrote:

Signed,

I honestly have no idea. Everyone that I know is equally shocked. I would imagine it's just a small group of couples. I really, really don't know details.

ally

Post Sun, Sep 11 2011, 11:48 am
de_goldy wrote:
DrMom wrote:

Signed,

I honestly have no idea. Everyone that I know is equally shocked. I would imagine it's just a small group of couples. I really, really don't know details.

I don't believe it. And I don't consider myself naive.

bandcm

Post Sun, Sep 11 2011, 11:54 am
ally wrote:
de_goldy wrote:
DrMom wrote:

Signed,

I don't believe it. And I don't consider myself naive.

Neither do I. Are they announcing it. Unless someone has actually participated, how do they know it happens.

Merrymom

Post Sun, Sep 11 2011, 12:34 pm
I have definitely heard of swingers in the frum community. In fact a friend of mine was invited to one. (she said no). According to her these people are otherwise frum (think BY backgrounds). Unfortunately even the lowest of society has a way of invading our lives as well. People are not just how they look. For those of you that don't know what swingers are, think of a pile of car keys, the woman picks one out at random and goes home with whoever's dh she happens to get. Yes, that's what this group does. Disgusting.

ally

Post Sun, Sep 11 2011, 12:44 pm
Merrymom wrote:
I have definitely heard of swingers in the frum community. In fact a friend of mine was invited to one. (she said no). According to her these people are otherwise frum (think BY backgrounds). Unfortunately even the lowest of society has a way of invading our lives as well. People are not just how they look. For those of you that don't know what swingers are, think of a pile of car keys, the woman picks one out at random and goes home with whoever's dh she happens to get. Yes, that's what this group does. Disgusting.

I'm fascinated. How did your friend happen to be invited to one?

BeershevaBubby

Post Sun, Sep 11 2011, 12:45 pm
Except being open about your intimate life doesn't make you a swinger.

Ruchel

Post Sun, Sep 11 2011, 1:01 pm
Swinging is not even common among the non Jews, how could it be common in such a tznius religion? I don't get it.
I also don't get how they don't care that the children of the ladies will be mamzerim after the "party".

Merrymom

Post Sun, Sep 11 2011, 1:06 pm
ally wrote:
Merrymom wrote:

I'm fascinated. How did your friend happen to be invited to one?

She was friends with one of the women, it's not like they're putting out ads. Oh, come to think of it that does exist too right? BTW, Yesha my friend that was invited to this is divorced.

amother

Post Sun, Sep 11 2011, 1:10 pm
I recall there was a previous discussion about swingers on here and it was mentioned that these couples do not engage in full blown intercourse, (the kind that leads to pregnancy) but other things.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics