Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
Rude?

amother
Pewter

Post Fri, Nov 10 2017, 8:05 am
My daughter's glasses need some adjusting. I bought them online. I feel weird going into a glasses store and asking them to adjust glasses that I bought elsewhere. Is it reasonable for me to walk in and ask them to fix them?

lavenderchimes

Post Fri, Nov 10 2017, 8:08 am
Is it weird? Maybe a little. Do you have another option? I can't think if one. So, I say you do it. Start with, "I'm sorry, I know this isn't your problem, but I am hoping you can help me..."

simcha2

Post Fri, Nov 10 2017, 8:13 am
You can offer to pay for the service.

LovesHashem

Post Fri, Nov 10 2017, 8:18 am
Would totally do that in Israel. First ask nicely, and then offer pay if they aren't intrested, or claim it will take time and effort.

Find this behavior is very common over here. I would never think of asking such a question.

violet1

Post Fri, Nov 10 2017, 8:30 am
My FIL is an optometrist at a large optical chain in Israel and people walk in to him all the time. He's always happy to help.

animeme

Post Fri, Nov 10 2017, 8:39 am
This is normal. You walk in and say you need to get glasses adjusted. They will ask if you bought then there, you say no, and they quote you a price. You're requesting a service most of these stores provide for a fee.

amother
Rose

Post Fri, Nov 10 2017, 9:11 am
My optician does not adjust glasses purchased online, but my optometrist (who sells and adjusts glasses as well) does, for a fee. It's a normal question, especially now that online glasses sales are so popular. Just ask around.

MiracleMama

Post Fri, Nov 10 2017, 9:14 am
simcha2 wrote:
You can offer to pay for the service.

This. Just say, "I know I didn't buy them here but I really need them adjusted and I'm happy to pay you for the service."

flowerpower

Post Fri, Nov 10 2017, 9:28 am
What others said. Offer to pay for the repair.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette