Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Dd feels bad

amother
OP

Post Tue, Nov 05 2019, 11:26 am
Dd feels bad to want to go to school (2hrs) on Sunday because daddy wants to spend time with her. "I am already with him for 3 days, isn't that enough for him?"

What do you make of this?

Chayalle

Post Tue, Nov 05 2019, 11:30 am
Too little information here, but it would seem unhealthy that your daughter should be made to feel bad about going to school for the sake of spending time with her father.

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, Nov 05 2019, 12:03 pm
Are you married, divorced, divided custody? How old is she?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Nov 05 2019, 3:16 pm
She is 8, and yes, divorced with shared custody.

how on earth can I ask him to listen to his daughter's wishes rather than doing things for his own needs....
I just told her that if she wants she is welcome to sleep at home on motze shabbos and I will take her to school and he will pick her up after.

sequoia

Post Tue, Nov 05 2019, 3:29 pm
OP, what about talking to your ex and explaining that it’s a good thing she wants to go to school! It means she’s comfortable there and she has friends. And making her feel bad is placing an unnecessary burden on a child for a parent’s emotional well-being.

Rutabaga

Post Tue, Nov 05 2019, 3:41 pm
How is your communication with your ex? Is this something you can discuss with him without judgement or argument? If not, maybe you can discuss it with someone at DD's school and have them reach out to your ex to remind him that school attendance is important.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Nov 06 2019, 8:34 am
sequoia wrote:
OP, what about talking to your ex and explaining that it’s a good thing she wants to go to school! It means she’s comfortable there and she has friends. And making her feel bad is placing an unnecessary burden on a child for a parent’s emotional well-being.

I tried but its his time with her and therefore can do what he likes in that time...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics