Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Weddings

amother
OP

Post Fri, Apr 03 2020, 1:00 am
Do pp who invite you to come to their wedding now really expect you to come?

lifesagift

Post Fri, Apr 03 2020, 1:02 am
Why do you care what they expect, you know you should stay home, that's what matters.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Apr 03 2020, 1:09 am
I don't plan on going. Just wondering what she's thinking/expecting.

amother
Green

Post Fri, Apr 03 2020, 1:11 am
When is the wedding?
If it is June then they are hoping you will be able to come. If it is Rosh Chodesh Iyar, then no, they do not expect you but wish you were there and want you to know that you are an important person to them and would have loved to share their simch with you.

miami85

Post Fri, Apr 03 2020, 1:21 am
I know someone planning a wedding and they put it that its more of a "thinking of you" invitation and "ideally we'd want you at our simcha"

amother
Papaya

Post Fri, Apr 03 2020, 1:42 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

No. Of course not. Especially if it's a backyard wedding for 10 people (unless they call you to tell you that you are one of the ten they've chosen).

Maybe if someone gets engaged now and the wedding is in August?

amother
OP

Post Fri, Apr 03 2020, 9:21 am
She's getting married now. (2nd marriage.) I think she really does want pp. to come.

FranticFrummie

Post Fri, Apr 03 2020, 9:27 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
She's getting married now. (2nd marriage.) I think she really does want pp. to come.

There's only one way to know for sure. Call her and ask her how many people have already confirmed. If it's anywhere near 10, you can gracefully bow out. If she says "nobody Sad " then you need to consider if you want to go or not.

If you haven't gotten the virus yet, and you've been self isolating properly, then you can go if you want to (assuming the back yard is big enough for everyone to keep 6 feet distance, and they are wearing masks and gloves. I wouldn't want germy hands going through the cake and cookies.)

Latex gloves are turquoise blue, and nitrile gloves are purple or black. You could coordinate your dress to match! I've seen some creative tichel wrapping in lieu of a medical mask, and it's very pretty. Hiding

amother
Goldenrod

Post Fri, Apr 03 2020, 9:29 am
I'm sad to say this, but don't go.

I'm the OP of a thread about going to smachot in NY, seems like a lifetime ago. My niece's wedding was the week of Purim. We asked the advice of our local doctor, and went for the wedding and Shabbos Sheva Brachos.

I will say unequivocally that I'm glad I went. Sometimes Hashem withholds knowledge from us because we are meant to go. I'm glad it was a (relatively) normal Simcha, I'm happy for my sibling that we were all there and part of it.

But most of my family came down with the virus the following week. B"H we are all recovered by now (including my father, including BIL over 50....B"H B"H B"H). I think we got the milder strain (none of us had shortness of breath...just low-grade fever, chills, headaches, congestion, loss of smell, etc...)

I don't know if we got it at the wedding. We had another family wedding the week before....who knows when we caught it? Maybe in the supermarket? Interestingly not everyone got sick (but they could have been asymptomatic...) who knows.

But by now, with the knowledge we have, and what the doctors are saying, no one should be going to weddings.

tf

Post Fri, Apr 03 2020, 9:34 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

At this point, ppl keep it a secret and only invite 10 ppl last minute. No big weddings for now.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics