Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Covid is really gone!
  Previous  1  2  3  9  10  11

OutofTown Girl

Post Fri, Jun 12 2020, 7:51 am
Just makes me wonder: all those people saying that all new positives in NYC are really old cases whose inactive virus particles are causing them to test positive... Aren't you the same ones who are ranting and raving about Cuomo's executive order forcing nursing homes to accept back residents who recovered from Covid-19 and no longer need hospitalization, yet were still testing positive? According to your rationale, they were still testing positive because of inactive virus fragments, and weren't a danger at all to the other nursing home patients.

amother
Copper

Post Fri, Jun 12 2020, 8:18 am
https://baltimorejewishlife.co.....31871

This is from Dr. Glatt. He says it's not. He has a motzei Shabbos zoom.

amother
Mint

Post Fri, Jun 12 2020, 8:24 am
We are all doing the best we can with the information and dr.s we have and trust.

Pointing fingers is not the way.

Lending a helping kind hand is.

Lets acknowledge that everyone is doing the best we can in a confusing challenging time of crisis and not let understandable fear separate us.

Hashem Loves achdus.

We certainly need this protection as well as the practical hishtadlus.

LovesHashem

Post Fri, Jun 12 2020, 8:43 am
amother [ Mint ] wrote:
We are all doing the best we can with the information and dr.s we have and trust.

Pointing fingers is not the way.

Lending a helping kind hand is.

Lets acknowledge that everyone is doing the best we can in a confusing challenging time of crisis and not let understandable fear separate us.

Hashem Loves achdus.

We certainly need this protection as well as the practical hishtadlus.

If people are actively doing something that's wrong and endangering other you bet I'll point fingers! Because I CARE about my neighbors and friends.

southernbubby

Post Fri, Jun 12 2020, 10:32 am
New Rochelle had to shut down before Purim and then the virus had spread to Bergen County as a result of a caterer who had catered in New Rochelle and then at an event in NJ. The rest of us should have realized that if the virus was that geographically close, we needed to shut down as well. I think that it's wonderful that many people are going back to normal but a virus that is 20 miles away can be here in an hour, chas v'sholem.
Are those communities that are being hit now, places where the virus had not spread previously or are they places where it's simply affecting a new crowd in an old place?

The government probably won't lock down businesses again. If people want to crowd into pubs, onto beaches, cross the Mexican border, or they work in dangerous places such as meat packing plants and prisons, they might find no room for them in their local hospital and may not find another solution.

amother
Tan

Post Fri, Jun 12 2020, 10:40 am
What's right for one area may not be right for another. There is no one thing everyone should be doing now. I'm sure an infectious disease dr will tell you that if you ask. In some places in US and Canada schools are opening up, permission from the gov't.

I'm confident I'm doing the right thing, that our drs are proactive and correct for my area.

The science is still developing but certain things drs are outspoken about and agree on. I'm personally not willing to shut down the entire country for years till we know more. I'm not going to ruin our lives because of fear of a risk or chance that may or may not happen.

Every week more info comes out. Things change as time goes by and the information we have is reexamined
A Google search brings up news reports, medical websites, drs speaking up on social media. You might want to keep updated. It can help take away the fear and OCD.

Miri1

Post Fri, Jun 12 2020, 10:48 am
LovesHashem wrote:
If people are actively doing something that's wrong and endangering other you bet I'll point fingers! Because I CARE about my neighbors and friends.

But she was listening to her doctor.
She isn't doing something wrong.
Listen, I'm a terribly frustrated by the behavior of others around me.
I am very concerned about the "opening up".
I don't have antibodies and I REALLY don't want to catch this thing.
But I think anger at someone who is following her medical advice (and you can find that approach on plenty of official sites) is bit misdirected.
There are SO MANY people doing things AGAINST their medical advice. THEY are the ones you should be angry with.

amother
White

Post Fri, Jun 12 2020, 10:51 am
Many many people who thought they had covid-19 have tested negative and/ or negative for antibodies. Possibly it's a false negative, but maybe not. So, clearly not everyone in the Williamsburg/boro park community had it. So, if you assume locally everyone had it, start attending simcha, you're exposing yourself to the waitstaff who are not from Williamsburg/boro park and according to all of you here, outside of the community, the virus is not done.

Then what? You just exposed the whole community all over again....

Miri1

Post Fri, Jun 12 2020, 10:52 am
And I would add:

Listening to the doctor is our hishtadlus. And of course if your doctor is a quack that is another story.

southernbubby

Post Fri, Jun 12 2020, 10:53 am
amother [ Tan ] wrote:
What's right for one area may not be right for another. There is no one thing everyone should be doing now. I'm sure an infectious disease dr will tell you that if you ask. In some places in US and Canada schools are opening up, permission from the gov't.

I'm confident I'm doing the right thing, that our drs are proactive and correct for my area.

The science is still developing but certain things drs are outspoken about and agree on. I'm personally not willing to shut down the entire country for years till we know more. I'm not going to ruin our lives because of fear of a risk or chance that may or may not happen.

Every week more info comes out. Things change as time goes by and the information we have is reexamined
A Google search brings up news reports, medical websites, drs speaking up on social media. You might want to keep updated. It can help take away the fear and OCD.

My Chassidishe neighbors who don't keep up with the latest on websites and social media don't seem to have fear and OCD. They treat it like any other contagious illness that infects a population and then moves on. The scary part is that I don't know if they have any plans in place for chas v'sholem recurrence, just as there was no plan when the virus had a foothold in nearby communities.
Shouldn't there at least be a plan of action until we have either a vaccine or a treatment?

SixOfWands

Post Fri, Jun 12 2020, 10:57 am
amother [ Aquamarine ] wrote:
My brother in the tri state was symptomatic with fever and tested positive today. He doesn’t know where he got it from...

Refuah shleima.
Page 11 of 11   Previous  1  2  3  9  10  11 Recent Topics