Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Pasta healthy alternative
Previous  1  2

amother
Tangerine

Post Wed, Feb 03 2021, 8:17 am
Pasta lover here!! I’ve switched to spaghetti squash and load it with sauce and some cheese. I’ve tried chickpea pasta, it’s def pretty good but still has more calories than spaghetti squash.

rachel6543

Post Sun, Feb 21 2021, 7:34 am
I didn’t see anyone here list Edamame pasta. I’ve seen it sold at ALDI, Costco... etc. It’s made from Edamame bean flour and is super high in protein (I think like 20 grams for a serving). I like it for Asian inspired pasta dishes.

FranticFrummie

Post Sun, Feb 21 2021, 7:57 am
I like chickpea pasta and mung bean soba for regular pasta replacements. Buckwheat soba is fantastic in stir fries, and is really good when you want sesame noodles (add some diced chicken for extra protein.)

Einkorn pasta is expensive and hard to find, but it is delicious. Very low glycemic index, and very easy on the digestion. Super low in gluten, super high in protein. If anyone knows where to buy it in Israel I'd be really grateful. It's said to be the grain that was used to bake the show-breads in the Temple! Surprised

Pasta-free lasagna can be made with strips of zucchini and eggplant. I make a super cheesy version for Shavuot and everyone loves it.

Consider pasta to be like chocolate cake. It's a treat you should have occasionally, and really enjoy.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise