Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Au pair or something in the US

amother
OP

Post Mon, Mar 13 2023, 9:06 pm
A young early 20s girl with US citizenship is looking to leave her current situation and relocate to the states. The best is if she can find a ready to move into situation, like an au pair. Open to different locations in the states except a few (like not in CH). where is the best place to look? She has had heaps of experience with kids including with special needs and she has a degree in bookkeeping if that helps

tichellady

Post Mon, Mar 13 2023, 9:09 pm
the au pair is a federal visa program. not sure if she can do that but if she is a citizen she shouldn't need a visa. but it sounds like she is looking for a live in nanny job? lots of people in LA are looking for live in nannies.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Mar 13 2023, 9:25 pm
tichellady wrote:
the au pair is a federal visa program. not sure if she can do that but if she is a citizen she shouldn't need a visa. but it sounds like she is looking for a live in nanny job? lots of people in LA are looking for live in nannies.
she's a citizen

amother
OP

Post Mon, Mar 13 2023, 9:27 pm
And yes a live in nanny sounds good. Any ideas for her or how to find a job there?

tichellady

Post Mon, Mar 13 2023, 9:36 pm
you can message me

tichellady

Post Mon, Mar 13 2023, 9:54 pm
I would recommend she makes a very basic resume with her experience and some references and what she can offer. does she drive? cook, clean etc? how many hours does she want to work- full time or part time?

then she can post on facebook groups and on here as well

amother
Mocha

Post Sun, Oct 15 2023, 7:55 am
Hi, I’m in the US and looking for an au pair. Does anyone here have experience with the different agencies? Ideally I’d love someone Jewish / from Israel.
Anyone know of any agencies that that deal with this specifically?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics