Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
I'm not managing!!!
Previous  1  2

amother
Vermilion

Post Sun, Oct 15 2023, 7:17 pm
amother Cadetblue wrote:
My toddlers used to throw toys at the baby when I would try and keep the baby safe in a pack n play Can't Believe It

If this is the case, or if your older kids climb in, invest in one of those tent things that go on top.

DVOM

Post Sun, Oct 15 2023, 7:52 pm
amother OP wrote:
Small bathroom no room for a baby

A 4 week old is pretty little. They don't take up too much space.

When I had babies and overly-loving toddlers my baby came into the bathroom with me, either in the baby bijorn if the baby was hanging out there anyway, or on a mat that I put in the bathtub, or on a blanket on the floor by my feet. I'm assuming that the very least, there's foot space in your bathroom in front of the toilet.

Unsanitary? Maybe. Safe? Yup!

amother
Cyclamen

Post Sun, Oct 15 2023, 7:59 pm
amother Violet wrote:
My baby is delayed because of this. She is 8.5 months and just started rolling over. She doesn't crawl or pull herself up on her knees at all or do much. All my other babies did much earlier.

I think it's because I am always holding her to keep her away from my 4 and 2 year old. The few times I put her down my 2 year old jumped on her back and it was really dangerous. The 4 year old is not as bad but she's unpredictable and will hug her neck in love and it's not safe. I make an effort to do tummy time but it's not enough. I don't have a solution

My 8.5 month old gets the most tummy time of all and is also not crawling on all fours yet. He spends most of his day on his stomach and was even put to sleep on his stomach from early on. Every baby develops differently.

mommygirlx2

Post Sun, Oct 15 2023, 8:42 pm
amother OP wrote:
I bh had my 3rd child a couple weeks ago. I can't put the baby down without the other kids (2 and 4 yo) hitting her!!! I went to the bathroom now for a minute and I had to run out because they were having fun and hitting my precious baby 😭
I know they're just looking for attention but it's instinctive I get so upset I pull them away and then they cry
My baby is not getting enough tummy time bcz of this
Please help! I know it's normal but what do I do??

I had 2 under 2, now 2 under 3... different but also hard! and I put the baby swing in a closed room and left the baby in there (when they allowed it...)
If I needed the bathroom I took one of them with me. it was the only way
it's not easy but it'll pass iyh. main thing is to keep the baby safe.
even if this causes the baby or the older siblings to cry, that's normal, even if you have to put one or two in cribs for a few minutes for safety. whatever it takes.

thegiver

Post Sun, Oct 15 2023, 8:53 pm
I use a pack and play. U can’t leave a baby alone with a toddler. Smile there are tiny little bassinets you can carry with you into bathroom. Tummy time will come don’t stress.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics