Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars
Ideas on additions to add to new apt

okayletsgo

Post Wed, Oct 25 2023, 2:44 pm
Hi everyone I’m going to move soon to a larger apartment and was just notified that I can make any changes I want of course I will have to pay for it but I would love to hear what you would say is worth spending on. I just had a baby so not in the right headspace to think of ideas myself. Thank you for your help

#BestBubby

Post Wed, Oct 25 2023, 3:02 pm
1. At least 2 toilets 🚻

2. Additional cabinets, if not enough

3. Do you have a porch?

4. Buy extra freezer or refrigerator

rmbg

Post Wed, Oct 25 2023, 3:03 pm
What’s your budget?

theoneandonly

Post Wed, Oct 25 2023, 3:31 pm
Are you buying or renting?
If you are renting you may not want to invest so much money improving someone else's property. Just something to keep in mind.

okayletsgo

Post Wed, Oct 25 2023, 3:46 pm
No budget. Just shoot over your ideas and whatever seems important and smart for me, I’ll make it be in my budget

ra_mom

Post Wed, Oct 25 2023, 4:36 pm
Built in faucet outside in backyard or even on back porch for kiddie pools/summer fun. Also covered outdoor electrical outlets for sukkah.

Closet built off the kitchen for pesach ware so there's no boxing or schlepping.

Install many drawers for lower cabinets in the kitchen, easier to reach and keep neat. Keep in mind size wise for pots etc.

Choose bathroom vanities with bottom drawer below cabinets for makeup.

Pocket door installed over a tall wide frame going to the living room so that it doesn't close off room but can still close properly in case of extra guests at a later date/for times when guest room is full and more space needed. If living room doubles as playroom, closet built in, in a size that works for clothing in case the room ever needs to be converted at a later date.

Built in electric and light switch for light sconces above each master bed.

Built in electric and light switch for every bedroom closet so that the closet lights can be kept open for shabbos, and doors to closets closed at bedtime (no shabbos lamp will be needed in room).

Built in electric and light switch on wall for under cabinet lights and above cabinet lights if they don't go all the way up to the ceiling.

Build in what you need in closets.

Wall of top to bottom cabinets in laundry room for neat supplies and storage.

Outdoor camera and screen inside. Intercom accessible from multiple spots.

okayletsgo

Post Thu, Oct 26 2023, 8:37 am
Wow thank you so much!!!

Shabbosiscoming

Post Thu, Oct 26 2023, 10:00 am
A second bathroom, even if just a closet with a toilet and a miniscule sink. I don't think I'd actually invest in that for someone else's property, but it's nice to dream.

A washer/dryer hookup

Section off a part of a room with a wall and door to create a home office if needed

Making sure closets are functional

Cheaper fixes:

Change doorknobs to have locks where needed or to the push button locks so kids don't get locked into rooms

Change sink faucet to a a lever faucet vs hot and cold taps with a separate spray

Change shower head/add hand shower attachment (I mean, you can always do this as a renter but usually I would keep the original shower head or ask if I can throw it out)

Add hand towel ring in kitchen, more rods or hooks in bathroom if needed.

Switch some outlet covers to have USB ports as well

Paint rooms the colors I want/wallpaper if that's your style

change light fixtures/put in or take out ceiling fans, depending on preference

Add on a screen door if you like them
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars