Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
EMOTIONAL NEGLECT
Previous  1  2

amother
Bluebonnet

Post Wed, Jan 24 2024, 11:17 pm
newinbp wrote:
I mean the fact that many babies in the US are in swings/strollers a lot, sleep in separate room from mom (nursery), sleep training is popular, she calls this examples low nurture culture. Definitely check out the book to learn more about it. A more pro nurture culture would be encouraging holding your baby, supporting longer maternity leaves, etc. She’s saying America is like that in general and talks a lot about how we can nurture our children and how healthy that is for the brain and their development.

Yes America is into independence!

amother
Blueberry

Post Wed, Jan 24 2024, 11:21 pm
There’s a great book, Parenting From the Inside Out
It changed my life. Also therapy. I can not properly convey the importance. You are likely missing something within yourself, the sooner you fix it, the easier it’ll be to connect properly with your kids.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jan 25 2024, 12:50 am
amother Blueberry wrote:
There’s a great book, Parenting From the Inside Out
It changed my life. Also therapy. I can not properly convey the importance. You are likely missing something within yourself, the sooner you fix it, the easier it’ll be to connect properly with your kids.
what kind of something might I be missing? Are you referring to the mommy skills most of us have naturally? Yes definitely missing that. Can't it be I was born this way? And need to learn more about parenting or Must it be something that's for sure there but blocked?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jan 25 2024, 12:53 am
amother DarkGreen wrote:
Besides for all this great advice try to spend 10 minutes a few times a week with each child in child led play. I have seen this work in very surprising healing ways BH
what's child led play?

Dolly Welsh

Post Thu, Jan 25 2024, 1:14 am
Sounds fine.

Just beware of that child-destroyer, the cell phone. They should barely know you have one. Rarely see it.

You got early intervention. That was very smart of you.

What you may have is smart, slightly introspective children, who have so much brain process going, on they take their time processing things, and seem a little uncommunicative for that reason. High intelligence can sometimes look like asd for that reason.

So, nothing to worry about.

As they are still so very young, you can jump right back in now. Sit on the floor in the middle of a lot of colored papers and assorted interesting things and creative tools.

The floor is their level. So go down there. Put down a cushion or blanket and lean on the wall and receive all comers. Fiddle with things. Sing.

Sing all the time. It's easier than talking and is just as good.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics