Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Should I be worried?
Previous  1  2

Brit in Israel

Post Tue, Feb 06 2024, 11:10 am
amother OP wrote:
I'm in Israel so it is his bedtime. Just he doesn't usually go to bed so easily.

This happened with my daughter. She fell at noon was fine and after a few hours wasnt herself. Dr checked but said she needed monitoring every 2 hrs after she fell asleep and 4 hours from midnight, with a light to the eyes and. on the way home she threw up. He said as long as it is only once and her eyes are dilating and she follows hand movements from one side of the room to the other. Otherwise take to emergency room.

It could be nothing but maybe call the Moked Liyla if your Kupah.

Cheiny

Post Tue, Feb 06 2024, 6:06 pm
amother OP wrote:
My toddler fell of a chair around 6 hours ago. He was crying hysterically for a short while and then he calmed down and acted completely normal so we all forgot about it.

I was just getting him ready for bed before and was nursing him like he always wants before bed. But he stopped feeding after a couple of minutes and started crying and touching a bump on his head (which I hadn't noticed until then) saying 'hurt you', 'hurt you'.

A few minutes later he sicked a lot. And then went straight to sleep (which he never does so easily without either being super tired or nursing).

Should I be worried??

A head injury should never go unchecked! Get to the ER.

amother
Mint

Post Tue, Feb 06 2024, 6:11 pm
Even though it’s been a few hours I would still check it out. A head injury is not something to be taken lightly.

lovecouches

Post Wed, Feb 07 2024, 8:43 am
You can call a doctor at the moked of your kupah. I would be slightly nervous because delayed throwing up is the issue. Though when my son fell the pediatrician told me to check him out if he throws up twice.

amother
Pink

Post Wed, Feb 07 2024, 9:04 am
I would have taken him to the emergency room right when he threw up, that’s a very clear sign it’s a concussion

And no to whichever poster said sleeping is good. Sleeping after a head injury/concussion is NOT good for a concussion and needs to be monitored very closely. I’ve had two serious concussions and both times the dr said someone had to wake me every 30 minutes, because there is a risk of going into a coma.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics