Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Feel cheated
Previous  1  2

amother
Ginger

Post Mon, Feb 26 2024, 10:35 pm
I seriously considered Ozempic and spoke to my doctor about it.
But I reconsidered. I don't want to rely on a chemical crutch with side effects and have the weight come back when I stop it.
Real change comes from within. I've put myself on a calorie restriction diet for the last 5 months, since before Rosh Hashana, and I'm trying to build up better long term eating habits. I've lost 20 lbs so far. It's not sensational, but I hope it will last long term. And I'm still going on and losing slowly more weight, even if it's only one more lbs every two weeks.

S-HappyMama

Post Mon, Feb 26 2024, 10:52 pm
Mazel tov to you!
Wanting to lose a lot of weight is a different challenge than wanting to lose those last 15 pounds. Both have their struggles.
To quote Rabbi Orlowek totally out of context, he says that anything artificial has side effects. (He was referring to the school system, which, while necessary, is not natural, and so has side effects.)
Any chemical we put into our bodies is artificial, and therefore has side effects. Tylenol also has side effects. Each person weighs out the pros and cons and then makes a decision.
Sugar is also an unnatural substance that has side effects. (By the time it goes from plant to table sugar, there is no actual food value left.)
Dieting is also not natural, and has side effects. There are so many ways to work towards a healthy body - natural, healthy ways that work with our minds and bodies, not against them.
I've spoken to a functional nutritionist who explained how the physical stuckness often stems from hormonal imbalance, and part of restoring that is with the right foods for you. Personally, I've used EFT Tapping to get to the root of why my body was keeping weight on. (EFT is a proven form of energy healing to deal with a variety of issues.)
Perhaps you can start by noticing the tone of voice inside your head when you are frustrated with the extra weight. Is it critical? Shaming? This only adds stress, which keeps cortisol high - which keeps on weight. If you can try to inject some compassion for yourself, that itself can help destress and reduce cortisol.

amother
Begonia

Post Tue, Feb 27 2024, 12:32 am
amother Ginger wrote:
I seriously considered Ozempic and spoke to my doctor about it.
But I reconsidered. I don't want to rely on a chemical crutch with side effects and have the weight come back when I stop it.
Real change comes from within. I've put myself on a calorie restriction diet for the last 5 months, since before Rosh Hashana, and I'm trying to build up better long term eating habits. I've lost 20 lbs so far. It's not sensational, but I hope it will last long term. And I'm still going on and losing slowly more weight, even if it's only one more lbs every two weeks.

Well done. I tried the injections but they made me feel terrible (reflux, nausea, exhaustion) and weren’t that effective. In the end I decided it was better to do what you did - learn better habits and exercise. It’s working.

amother
Begonia

Post Tue, Feb 27 2024, 12:33 am
amother Hibiscus wrote:
Ozempic is NOT the easy way out.

It kind of is if you don’t have any side effects. There’s no shame on taking the easy way out though.

amother
Mustard

Post Tue, Feb 27 2024, 3:54 am
I tried Ozempic. I lost around 5 lbs and then plateaud. Meanwhile my stomach was sick the whole time and my mood was also very low. So I went off of it. I’m not an emotional eater and I don’t have cravings. I just have a slow metabolism genetically.

amother
Chicory

Post Tue, Feb 27 2024, 4:18 am
amother Hibiscus wrote:
Ozempic is NOT the easy way out.

I'm on ozempic. It's the "easier" way. Be fair.

amother
Blushpink

Post Tue, Feb 27 2024, 7:46 am
chocolate moose wrote:
a lot of things aren't fair. people on food stamps and other government programs ate better than we did and they had better medical care too. they even got dental care and braces; stuff we never could afford.

Sorry not sure where youre taking that from, we get goverment assistance but I pay $6500 per child for braces and dental care isnt covered either

amother
Chestnut

Post Tue, Feb 27 2024, 7:48 am
amother Chicory wrote:
I'm on ozempic. It's the "easier" way. Be fair.

It's the easier way out till you go off it and gain back all the wait. Or get stuck with a bunch of health problems stemming from ozempic.

amother
Lightpink

Post Tue, Feb 27 2024, 9:08 am
amother OP wrote:
I have 15 lb to lose . I’m short and had a baby a few months ago and I know it will be so hard to lose. I see ppl around me that were chunky always that became so skinny recently with ozempic… it makes me feel like only the wealthy can become skinny now and cfor me it’ll be such a battle . I wish I could afford to do it but I can’t. I’m not looking for censure or a practical solution . Just want to vent . I feel so bad about myself

I don't think Ozempic is for people who have only 15 lb to lose.

Signed,
very overweight and dieting the old fashioned way

amother
Glitter

Post Tue, Feb 27 2024, 9:11 am
Ozempic is almost free on my insurance.

It didnt work for me and now Mounjaro is also not working.

so yeah life isnt fair

amother
Whitewash

Post Tue, Feb 27 2024, 9:17 am
amother Chocolate wrote:
I wouldn't take ozempic if it was free.

why?

amother
Peachpuff

Post Tue, Feb 27 2024, 9:24 am
I hear you OP. I definitely noticed a lot of wealthier women in my community suddenly losing a lot of weight likely due to these meds. It is disheartening that it's mostly available to only the wealthy.

That being said, I don't think it is not meant for losing 15 pounds. I mean... it will probably work but you aren't necessarily who they had in mind for this.

And I will also say that as a very much non-wealthy, very much overweight woman with about 100-150 pounds to lose (whose insurance from a demanding job specifically chosen for insurance coverage purposes does indeed cover these meds) they don't always work. I took wegovy at the highest dose and gained weight.

amother
Mustard

Post Tue, Feb 27 2024, 9:30 am
Even though Ozempic didn’t work for me, I am still glad that these drugs are being developed. Over time, they will get cheaper and also more tailored to different hormonal conditions. In addition, it’s much easier for me psychologically to be a parent of teen girls nowadays, knowing that weight has lots of components and it’s not about anyone’s fault. I can give them much more positive messages than I was given.

amother
DarkMagenta

Post Tue, Feb 27 2024, 9:44 am
I'll bite. I agree with your OP! Not for 15 lbs but for someone who has dieted their whole life and has never been able to maintain weightloss. Someone who needs to lose 50+ lbs, ozempic is the dream. I cannot afford it especially since it's something you need to do long term but I am so jealous of all the large women in my community and workplace dropping lbs and looking amazing with zero effort.
They aren't cutting out carbs or counting calories, they take meds and the weight just drops.
For years I dreamed of this magic.

amother
Whitewash

Post Tue, Feb 27 2024, 9:56 am
where are people using this? I dont know anyone using it where I live?
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise