Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene
Anyone here born February 29th?
Previous  1  2  3

patzer

Post Thu, Feb 29 2024, 8:42 am
Ate there really so many people on this site who celebrate their secular birthday?
Do you celebrate your Hebrew birthday as well?
Just curious...

amother
Eggplant

Post Thu, Feb 29 2024, 8:56 am
My friend bday is30 cheshvan which doesn't always occur

amother
Antiquewhite

Post Thu, Feb 29 2024, 10:16 am
I know someone who had twin boys in the evening.. one’s birthday is the last day of Shevat, and the second one’s birthday was first day of Adar (no leap year that year).

Well, 13 years later, there were two Adars, and their birthdays were a month apart. They did do the celebrations together but technically his birthday was a month later..

amother
Azure

Post Thu, Feb 29 2024, 10:49 am
amother Antiquewhite wrote:
I know someone who had twin boys in the evening.. one’s birthday is the last day of Shevat, and the second one’s birthday was first day of Adar (no leap year that year).

Well, 13 years later, there were two Adars, and their birthdays were a month apart. They did do the celebrations together but technically his birthday was a month later..

That’s really funny! Twins a month apart!

amother
Zinnia

Post Thu, Feb 29 2024, 11:23 am
X

Chayalle

Post Thu, Feb 29 2024, 11:33 am
One of my coworkers has his birthday today. As he rarely gets a birthday, he took the day off to celebrate.....

a2z

Post Thu, Feb 29 2024, 11:35 am
Chayalle wrote:
One of my coworkers has his birthday today. As he rarely gets a birthday, he took the day off to celebrate.....

They should make that a law. Wink

Chayalle

Post Thu, Feb 29 2024, 11:36 am
BTW both my grandparents have their yartzeits in Adar. My grandmother's is in Adar Aleph, which is before my grandfather's in Adar Beis this year. But in a regular non-leap year, my grandfather's yartzeit comes first....

patzer

Post Thu, Feb 29 2024, 1:05 pm
Here's a fun fact: The 30th of Adar is always Rosh Chodesh Adar (take a moment to work that out).
Someone whose birthday is the 30th of Adar will always celebrate their birthday on Rosh Chodesh Adar.
There can potentially be twin boys, one born on the 29th of Adar and the other, the next day, on the 30th.
If there's only one Adar the year that they become Bar Mitzva, the younger twin will become Bar Mitzvah a month before the older twin.

chocolate2

Post Thu, Feb 29 2024, 1:26 pm
It's my husbands aliyah anniversary☺️. He made aliyah 12 years ago but its his 3rd anniversary

Brit in Israel

Post Thu, Feb 29 2024, 2:17 pm
My neighbour had a girl today. They have a long wait for the first birthday.

Brit in Israel

Post Thu, Feb 29 2024, 2:20 pm
patzer wrote:
Ate there really so many people on this site who celebrate their secular birthday?
Just curious...

I come from a very yeshivish family and we never celebrated our Hebrew birthdays I didn't even know what mine was until I was 11 and my sil gave birth around my English birthday so I checked and it was my Hebrew date.

Only once I married an Israeli I started keeping Hebrew but all my siblings still do English date. Now I get 2 celebrations Very Happy

a2z

Post Thu, Feb 29 2024, 2:28 pm
patzer wrote:
Just curious...

In Israel we celebrate only the Hebrew and with my 2nd I was at an appointment and the age stamp (whatever it's called) on her paper said 1 like without any decimals. I was trying to figure out how that could happen and then I happened to look at the date and was like, mazal tov dd, happy lousy birthday!
That's how well I keep track. 🤷‍♀️

amother
Plum

Post Thu, Feb 29 2024, 2:36 pm
I attended a 26 year birthday celebration today!
How many people born on Feb 29, get to have a 26th celebration!
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics