Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
Suddenly pickier?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Feb 13 2024, 10:42 pm
DS is 7 and has always been underweight and relatively picky, but consistently so - he ate and didn't eat pretty much the same foods. In the last week, he stopped eating a number of the more calory rich foods he had - hummus, avocado and nut butter. He claims he'll still eat them but the ones in our house look different. They're lumpy or they have specks or something. I'll admit to overreacting a little, I know I'm supposed to act like I don't care but I was so upset, I really can't afford for him to stop eating foods, he's so picky and skinny to begin with. I'm wondering if anyone has ideas or experiences of something that could cause this so all of a sudden? I feel like at this age he shouldn't be cutting out foods he eats any more. Really at a loss and at my wits end.

amother
Hydrangea

Post Thu, Mar 07 2024, 4:18 am
Was he sick recently? Or any illness in the house? Pandas or pans will cause food restrictions exactly like you describe.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children