Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Is it ungrateful to ask H-shem for money if He's given me so
Previous  1  2

giftedmom

Post Thu, Mar 07 2024, 10:28 am
amother Ebony wrote:
I've heard this but then I think that many people who don't make themselves a keili for a bracha still receive bracha. And the opposite is also true. And when I look at who receives bracha, it appears to be very random. Are the good people less sick and poor?

This isn’t about good or bad. It’s about allowing the blessings in

Thisisnotmyreal

Post Thu, Mar 07 2024, 10:38 am
ramother Ebony wrote:
How do you see this? Hashem wants some rich and some poor. He wants some healthy and some sick. He wants some fertile and some infertile. He wants some married and some lonely.

See? Only what's there in front of my physical eye can possibly be true? Lehalacha if a judge witnessed a crime, he can't be impartial.

I already wrote Hashem wants Moshiach. Are you going to challenge that? You don't think Hashem wants us to keep the Torah as He intended?

There is no virtue in being poor. None. It's not holy.

advocate

Post Thu, Mar 07 2024, 10:50 am
If you have WhatsApp, you might try listening to Michael Safdie's daily bitachon--only 10 minutes and on point with your question.

May Hashem bless you more and more!!!

amother
Oak

Post Thu, Mar 07 2024, 11:00 am
advocate wrote:
If you have WhatsApp, you might try listening to Michael Safdie's daily bitachon--only 10 minutes and on point with your question.

Amein!

Wow, was just gonna post this.
Yes Hashem wants you to have.
Learn it first hand from the Shaar HaBitachon and all the other Seforim with Michael Safdie

amother
Ebony

Post Thu, Mar 07 2024, 11:09 am
giftedmom wrote:
This isn’t about good or bad. It’s about allowing the blessings in

That's just it. I don't see why anyone should believe that we need a keili to allow bracha.

Plenty of people who don't have a keili are receiving bracha and plenty of people without a keili are not.

I don't see any correlation.

amother
Ebony

Post Thu, Mar 07 2024, 11:13 am
Thisisnotmyreal wrote:
See? Only what's there in front of my physical eye can possibly be true? Lehalacha if a judge witnessed a crime, he can't be impartial.

I already wrote Hashem wants Moshiach. Are you going to challenge that? You don't think Hashem wants us to keep the Torah as He intended?

There is no virtue in being poor. None. It's not holy.

Us human's act like humans. When the op or anyone else is pleading with hashem for money, she wants....money. I don't think the op will be satisfied if she remains in a bad financial situation but somehow her situation was fixed in a way that she can't see.

Very confusing about hashem wanting moshiach. I would say that hashem did not want moshiach to come yesterday since he didn't come.

Why did hashem make some people poor their entire lives if it's bad and hashem only does good?

tree of life

Post Thu, Mar 07 2024, 11:15 am
amother OP wrote:
Thank you all for your chizuk. It's just so hard.

Hi please don't be proud go to your local rabbi and ask for food vouchers for weekly food and also coming up to Pesach
If u live in Israel pm I work in clothes gemach I will try help you get small discount

amother
OP

Post Thu, Mar 07 2024, 11:20 am
advocate wrote:

Thank you black.
I don't have WhatsApp, are these on Torah Anytime?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Mar 07 2024, 11:30 am
mom923 wrote:
You can ask HaShem for whatever you want. Something I learned that I like to add after a request is “if the answer is no please give me the strength and the means to do without. You gave me x so You must think I have the means and capability to handle it with what I have. Please help me handle it with grace and ease.”

This is I'm scared about. There are things I've said about 'I'd never cope with this so H' won't challenge me with it because He won't give me more then I can cope with'. But yet I was tested eith it.
So I'm scared to accept things because the more H' sees I'm still standing upright despite the challenges, the more He might send. Not sure if I expolained this clearly.

Cheiny

Post Thu, Mar 07 2024, 11:30 am
amother OP wrote:
To quote a wise woman 'I've got lots of treasures but money isn't one of them.
She's right but I need money to bring said treasures up.

I don't live paycheck to paycheck, way worse. Run out of money half way thru the month. My family starving, as long as bread available we won't starve. We get a bit of help with basics but im drowning.

Is it ungreatful to ask H`Shem for money after He has given me so much? I need a few thousand dollars for necessities. I wear tights, t shirts etc when my Kids are done with them and yes, even undergarments at times.

I have anxiety when a Kid asks for a new Shirt . . my heart starts pounding. DH and I both put in extra hours , but its not malling much of dent. But it's soon Pesach. It's with me day and night .

The extra hours go to necessities, but with Pesach looming, how just how?? n I don't know how. I want to afford a new books for kids Pesach time , and tights without doing crazy brain gymnastics. No cleaner, not a pizza supper.

My Kitchen floor has a hole, my stairs carpet is taped over the threadbare Parts. But yet guess that's liveable with so again not strictly a necessity.

But how cant ask H`shem for money things that are non essentials when the He has blessed me so?

Feels petty but He is our Father.

Idk

I learned that there’s nothing too small or too big to ask Him for. He actually wants that… for us to realize he is the ONLY source for everything we want and need. We’re also supposed to ask him for a parking space when we need to find one… so nothing is petty on His eyes.

Cheiny

Post Thu, Mar 07 2024, 11:32 am
amother OP wrote:
In many things yes, but maybe not with money. And if He wanted me to rich, wouldn't He make me rich? Idk He can do anything. Maybe He's saying no, just like we tell our kids 'no'. I love them but it's for their benefit I'm saying no. Maybe H' has the same cheshbon for me, his child.

I also disagree that He wants everyone to be rich. Certain people have a nisayon with financial difficulty. But we’re definitely always supposed to daven for enough money and He can always give it if it’s what’s meant for us.

Thisisnotmyreal

Post Thu, Mar 07 2024, 12:04 pm
amother Ebony wrote:
Us human's act like humans. When the op or anyone else is pleading with hashem for money, she wants....money. I don't think the op will be satisfied if she remains in a bad financial situation but somehow her situation was fixed in a way that she can't see.

Very confusing about hashem wanting moshiach. I would say that hashem did not want moshiach to come yesterday since he didn't come.

Why did hashem make some people poor their entire lives if it's bad and hashem only does good?

I didn't say, she's wealthy she just can't see it. I said Hashem wants her to be wealthy because Hashem is zan umefarnes lekol. There can be various reasons for her not to be. It's clear in this particular story that She hasn't even asked. That's step one, and an actual chiyuv.

We know Hashem wants people to have money, get married and have children and to live because:

Hashem wants Mitzvos kept.
To perform the Mitzva of Tzedaka, you need money.
To perform the Mitzva of getting married, you need to find your zivug.
To perform the Mitzva of having children, you need to be able to have children.
To perform Mitzvos we need Moshiach so that we can finally keep them as intended.

The formula for wealth is more bitachon= more Parnassa. And demonstrating that bitachon by giving the appropriate amount of Tzedaka. Learn Shaar habitachon 3 times at least. You'd learn that Hashem has our best interests at heart and that we can Trust Hashem to give us our desires in a way we can humanly see.

Last edited by Thisisnotmyreal on Thu, Mar 07 2024, 12:13 pm; edited 1 time in total

octopus

Post Thu, Mar 07 2024, 12:07 pm
There are many times that we daven b'tzibur for parnassah! Tefilas tal and geshem these are all for parnassah!! Bircas hamazon ! Yes you can daven to Hashem for what you need!!!! He wants us to daven. Your tefilla should always have three components. T
Acknowledging Hashem that He is the "kol yachol" the ability to do everything, a request, and thanking Hashem for everything He has given you.

zaq

Post Thu, Mar 07 2024, 1:38 pm
The KBH is not a person and He's not going to get irritated because you're noodging Him all the time for this and that. On the contrary, asking Him to supply you all your needs is a demonstration of faith in Him.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Mar 07 2024, 1:44 pm
amother Honeydew wrote:
Is there a way to verify OP and then have you post a zelle account?
I don't have much, but I would love to help you (in whatever small way I can) to get ready for Pesach with a lighter heart.

How can this be done? I mean I am a real person lol but Yael doesn't know me, besides the details I gave whem I signed up.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics