Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Where to move?
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Fri, May 24 2024, 6:42 am
Hi
My husband and two little kids and I are iyh making Aliyah soon and we are still trying to figure out where to live!!! If someone could please help us create a list of places to visit when we go on our pilot trip that would be extremely helpful.

We do not want to live near a ton of anglos or in a city. My husband prefers to live in the west bank, dafka over the line. I don't want to live somewhere where I can't easily get into "town" to go shopping and to the hospital if we need. But the community can't be too small bc it needs to have a gan for my kids and preferably a kindergarten also. We are chabad but would send to a religious school until the kids get older but bonus points if the community is near a chabad cheder (I'm not even sure there are any outside kfar chabad). Oh and the cheaper the better bc we want to have enough money to save for retirement.

For jobs we both work remote well I work remote and my husband is trying to find a remote job.

Thanks all input welcome

essie14

Post Fri, May 24 2024, 7:08 am
Gush etzion
Maybe Beitar?
I don't know anything about chabad there but could be something to look into.
Not far from Jerusalem, over the green line

Eta: I found this
https://www.chabad.org/jewish-.....srael

amother
OP

Post Fri, May 24 2024, 7:20 am
essie14 wrote:
Gush etzion
Maybe Beitar?
I don't know anything about chabad there but could be something to look into.
Not far from Jerusalem, over the green line

Eta: I found this
https://www.chabad.org/jewish-.....srael

Thanks I looked into gush etzion and my husband decided it had too many people for him and he wants something less developed. We where thinking of maybe something outside beersheva as beersheva is a pretty cheap place to live.

Dolly151

Post Fri, May 24 2024, 7:25 am
R u looking for a community at all?
Bc if not, you have tons of options.
If you want to be part of a kehila and have friends that speak ur language and get you, you may be more limited. - and then maybe tell us abt urslef so we can gibe our input.
Beer hseva has a lot of Arabs btw. Not sure if that bothers you

amother
Cobalt

Post Fri, May 24 2024, 7:27 am
amother OP wrote:
Thanks I looked into gush etzion and my husband decided it had too many people for him and he wants something less developed. We where thinking of maybe something outside beersheva as beersheva is a pretty cheap place to live.

Beer Sheva isn't that close to any outside-the-green-line places

amother
OP

Post Fri, May 24 2024, 7:28 am
So I'm kinda looking for a community in the sense that I would prefer at least a handful of English speakers but my husband wants a place that has like 50 families max. But it has to have a gan and not be too far from "civilization"

amother
Cobalt

Post Fri, May 24 2024, 7:33 am
amother OP wrote:
So I'm kinda looking for a community in the sense that I would prefer at least a handful of English speakers but my husband wants a place that has like 50 families max. But it has to have a gan and not be too far from "civilization"

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Merhav_Am

It's well within the green line though. I've never been there.

amother
Cobalt

Post Fri, May 24 2024, 7:38 am
amother Cobalt wrote:

I met someone who lives there. She's Anglo. They do have Ganim.

It is super close to Yerucham, and not far from Beer Sheva.

amother
OP

Post Fri, May 24 2024, 7:43 am
amother Cobalt wrote:

I'll look into it!! Thanks 😊

grace413

Post Fri, May 24 2024, 8:01 am
Merchav Am is a lovely place. (I have relatives there). Definitely in the middle of nowhere. You can how long it takes to get to BeerSheva.

sarahph1

Post Fri, May 24 2024, 8:05 am
Yishuv Aish Kodesh!!!

Rappel

Post Fri, May 24 2024, 8:05 am
amother OP wrote:
Hi
My husband and two little kids and I are iyh making Aliyah soon and we are still trying to figure out where to live!!! If someone could please help us create a list of places to visit when we go on our pilot trip that would be extremely helpful.

We do not want to live near a ton of anglos or in a city. My husband prefers to live in the west bank, dafka over the line. I don't want to live somewhere where I can't easily get into "town" to go shopping and to the hospital if we need. But the community can't be too small bc it needs to have a gan for my kids and preferably a kindergarten also. We are chabad but would send to a religious school until the kids get older but bonus points if the community is near a chabad cheder (I'm not even sure there are any outside kfar chabad). Oh and the cheaper the better bc we want to have enough money to save for retirement.

For jobs we both work remote well I work remote and my husband is trying to find a remote job.

Thanks all input welcome

There's a chabad community and gan in Itamar. I believe the school-age kids bus to Immanuel. The center of chabad life is up on the hilltop , while the makolet etc is down here in the yishuv. But if you have a car, then it's a nice community

amother
OP

Post Fri, May 24 2024, 8:06 am
Great my husband will have to get over the whole over the green line thing. From what I saw online it looks perfect for us. Does anyone know how finding a place to live there looks like? Is it still caravans until you build yourself a house or are there apartments to rent?

Rappel

Post Fri, May 24 2024, 8:06 am
amother OP wrote:

So actually, the chabad hilltop might work for you. We're a 10 minute drive from Ariel -- that's our city -- but the feeling of the hill is "out in nature"

Rappel

Post Fri, May 24 2024, 8:08 am
amother OP wrote:
Great my husband will have to get over the whole over the green line thing. From what I saw online it looks perfect for us. Does anyone know how finding a place to live there looks like? Is it still caravans until you build yourself a house or are there apartments to rent?

Itamar is definitely "over the green line." We're in the heart of the Shomron.

You rent a caravan until you can build your house.

If you pm me, I'll give you phone numbers of English speaking members of the chabad community

Rappel

Post Fri, May 24 2024, 8:09 am
sarahph1 wrote:
Yishuv Aish Kodesh!!!

Also lovely, though more Breslav than Chabad. In the heart of the Shiloh ring

rivkie123

Post Fri, May 24 2024, 8:10 am
I don't think it exists yet but there are people working on a new chabad yishuv that sounds like it might be good for you
https://www.ohrchabad.com/

amother
Cobalt

Post Fri, May 24 2024, 8:13 am
grace413 wrote:
Merchav Am is a lovely place. (I have relatives there). Definitely in the middle of nowhere. You can how long it takes to get to BeerSheva.

I looked on Google Maps, it is by car (these places never have traffic)

18 min drive to Yeruham (has a Shufersal, Post Office)

28 min drive to Dimona (shopping mall, small city)

44 min drive to Beer Sheva (large city, has absolutely everything including hospital, university, Luna Park, Ikea, Children's Museum, largest shopping mall in Israel)

If that's too far for you, probably look more into Yehuda and the Shomron, and less in the direction of Beer Sheva. Of course there are religious kibbutzim in the Gaza Envelope, but I wouldn't recommend that to someone right now...

amother
Electricblue

Post Sat, May 25 2024, 4:55 pm
Yitzhar and Drom Har Chevron are both great options

amother
Linen

Post Sat, May 25 2024, 5:51 pm
I live in beitar
It's over the green line
We have all the shopping we need here bh and it's close enough to yerushalayim
There is a decent amount of English speakers here but not to the extent thst you can speak English in stores and they'll understand you like in yerushalayim. I don't know how many English speaking chanad families there are
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions