Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational
My Tefila Was Answered
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next

amother
Silver

Post Sat, Dec 04 2021, 9:00 pm
What if the menorah doesn't have a leg?

Last edited by amother on Wed, Dec 15 2021, 2:52 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Zinnia

Post Sat, Dec 04 2021, 9:23 pm
happy chick wrote:
can you ask a bakasha for someone else? its a segulah, so there is no right or wrong, but sometimes there are specifics.

Asking for someone else should absolutely be no issue, for example, a mother asked for her daughter! Also, there are numerous examples of people in Tanach davening for others, our tefillos instituted by Anshei Kenesses Hagedolah are berabim....it is always meritorious to Daven or perform a segulah for someone else

amother
Zinnia

Post Sat, Dec 04 2021, 9:25 pm
SafeAtLast wrote:
What if the menorah doesn't have a leg?

I would think you can just tape it on to any part that works. The point is to attach the bakasha to the mitzvah of menorah, which represents Klal Yisrael existing on a level lmaalah min hatevah

amother
Firebrick

Post Sat, Dec 04 2021, 9:40 pm
Where is the source for this? Using a physical object to obtain a bracha... sounds dangerous.

nanny24/7

Post Sat, Dec 04 2021, 9:52 pm
I did not do this segulah.
I just want to use this opportunity to publicly praise Hashem.
A few weeks ago I was very sick with some very concerning symptoms.
I was frantic and I was in the process of trying to expedite appointments to get a diagnosis.
It seemed very serious.
Besides my symptoms I also felt like all my energy had completely drained from me.
My kids were crying that I have less strength than an elderly bubby.
I also began seeing and remembering people who are not alive anymore which really freaked me out.
I davened for a new chance for a new life as I was in the middle of a test being performed on me. I promised that I believe with my whole heart that moshiach is real and will be sent by Hashem to come very soon.
BH my symptoms are gone and I feel healthy amd strong BH.
It really is a miracle.
All diagnostic screens before that day seemed inconclusive or abnormal.
Further tests done since then BH all looks okay.
Hodu La'Hashem Kee Tov Kee L'olam chasdo!

amother
Hydrangea

Post Sat, Dec 04 2021, 11:25 pm
Can you ask for more than one thing in this note? (Not for myself, but for a relative who has multiple needs.)

amother
Hydrangea

Post Sat, Dec 04 2021, 11:33 pm
Also, if it isn't too personal, can you explained how you praised Hashem in your note? Thank you.

amother
Tan

Post Sat, Dec 04 2021, 11:33 pm
https://www.hidabroot.org/article/1161937

shanarishona

Post Sat, Dec 04 2021, 11:42 pm
Nanny - thank you for sharing!
You should continue to have health

happy chick

Post Sun, Dec 05 2021, 11:10 am
amother [ Firebrick ] wrote:
Where is the source for this? Using a physical object to obtain a bracha... sounds dangerous.

as jews, we believe in miracles, but we cannot rely on them. we need physical things/people to help bring down the brachos. we go to gedolim, who are physical humans, to ask for brachos. we daven by kvarim. some people buy baby necessities as a segula for children. we put a note into the kossel.

and most of all, we need to believe in it. hatzlacha to all who do this segulah and may everyones bakoshos be answered ad bli dai.

PinkFridge

Post Sun, Dec 05 2021, 12:05 pm
happy chick wrote:
as jews, we believe in miracles, but we cannot rely on them. we need physical things/people to help bring down the brachos. we go to gedolim, who are physical humans, to ask for brachos. we daven by kvarim. some people buy baby necessities as a segula for children. we put a note into the kossel.

and most of all, we need to believe in it. hatzlacha to all who do this segulah and may everyones bakoshos be answered ad bli dai.

I'm still not sure if I get this. There are a few things here. Buying baby clothes show the bitachon that the yeshua wil come. Going to gedolim is to get some extra tefillos. Kevorim, to call on the zechos of the people we're davening at and to ask for their intercession.

amother
DarkRed

Post Sun, Dec 05 2021, 12:17 pm
happy chick wrote:

The biggest Segula is davening to Hashem and following the Torah. We have to be careful that we don't get too caught up with "serving the segulas" (as people did in times of AZ, they orignially thought the avoda zara was a conduit to Hashem and then just started relying on the AZ-Rambam writes this)

amother
Amaryllis

Post Sun, Dec 05 2021, 12:38 pm
happy chick wrote:

Chanuka is a time that we actually SHOULD daven for nissim and hopefully be zoche to see them. Yeshuos for us all!

amother
Firebrick

Post Sun, Dec 05 2021, 12:43 pm
happy chick wrote:

Tzadikim yes! Tzadikim domim lboram. Tzadik gozer vhakadosh baruch hu mekayem.
Objects- no! That is exactly like the cheit haegel.

PinkFridge

Post Sun, Dec 05 2021, 12:54 pm
Tzadikim yes! Tzadikim domim lboram. Tzadik gozer vhakadosh baruch hu mekayem.
Objects- no! That is exactly like the cheit haegel.

Look in the ArtScroll Hallel - vachasidecha osei retzonecha. But we don't outsource our avoda to tzadikim. We have to do our part.

amother
Cherry

Post Sun, Dec 05 2021, 12:56 pm
I actually just got a voicenote from someone that forwarded it. The person speaking said that it stems from the or hachaim hakodosh who wrote a kvittel to Hashem when he went to the kosel. So the speaker said, in order to wrote a kvittel to Hashem, you need 2 conditions,
1. It needs to be an eis ratzon (zos chanuka)
2. It needs to be a makom kadosh (menora)
This teaches us that one can write a kvittel and stick it under the menora on zos chanuka.
May we all merit yeshuos bkorov!!

amother
Firebrick

Post Sun, Dec 05 2021, 1:04 pm
amother [ Cherry ] wrote:
I actually just got a voicenote from someone that forwarded it. The person speaking said that it stems from the or hachaim hakodosh who wrote a kvittel to Hashem when he went to the kosel. So the speaker said, in order to wrote a kvittel to Hashem, you need 2 conditions,
1. It needs to be an eis ratzon (zos chanuka)
2. It needs to be a makom kadosh (menora)
This teaches us that one can write a kvittel and stick it under the menora on zos chanuka.
May we all merit yeshuos bkorov!!

Would love to see the source as in a reference to a sefer.
(I've never heard of a menorah being referred to as a makom kadosh but that's just me.)

amother
Crimson

Post Sun, Dec 05 2021, 2:33 pm
Would love to see the source as in a reference to a sefer.
(I've never heard of a menorah being referred to as a makom kadosh but that's just me.)

I think any item used for a Mitzva falls into a category of "Tashmishei Kodesh" and has Kedusha. I don't think it's actually a "Makom" like a shul or a yeshiva. My husband saves all the wicks from Chanuka as well as lulav and similar things used for Mitzvos and burns them with the Chametz.

amother
Azure

Post Sun, Dec 05 2021, 2:55 pm
I'm gonna try it. what do you write? in English or hebrew?
Desperate for a yeshua

amother
Whitesmoke

Post Sun, Dec 05 2021, 4:47 pm
Thank you so much for sharing this segulah!
I'm going to try it.
I hope to come back in a few months and share my miracle story! I need a miracle baby! or make that twins! Smile
Page 2 of 9   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational