Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Giving Gifts
DH STOPPED SMOKING!!!!!!

amother

Post Tue, Dec 27 2011, 11:42 am
I dont really know if its under the right topic, but long story short short short... It actually happened. Dh was a smoker still as a teenager. We got married about 5 years ago and since then there hasnt been a day that I havent BEGGED and sometimes cried and sometimes ignored him to stop this bad bad habit. I ordered online these illustrative posters how bad smoking is for ur health and lungs, and actually stuck them up in our master bathroom Wink cuz thats where he spends most of his "quiet time"! He is weaning for a while and apparently it actually happened. Its been 3 full months now, he has had his temptations but overcame of all them! I am so so proud of him and I know the only person he did it for, was for me!!! Any gift or appreciation ideas. Of course I encourage him and always compliment him how nice he smells and he gets that extra kiss for it.. Wink I bought him a nice perfume in the car a while back and its just so pleasant. I am living a different life now! Any ideas would be superly appreciated!

groisamomma

Post Tue, Dec 27 2011, 11:43 am
Yaaaay!! How about some new music thingy? I don't know these things so well, but if he likes to chill out get him something to listen to.

momof2sofar

Post Tue, Dec 27 2011, 11:51 am
I am so happy for both of you. May you live and be well till 120.

I like groisamomma's idea of something he will like to help him relax.

Tzutzie

Post Tue, Dec 27 2011, 12:09 pm
YAY for you!

as groisamomma said, I think a little entertainment device is appropriate... and of course a nice letter telling him how much u appreciate it.

I can only wish he will be there in the near future!!!
it used to be a box a week and since a year ago when he switched jobs its 2 boxes a week!!!

he promised he will do everything to stop smoking (he already tried twice before we where married but fell back) once I get pregnant... will c.

amother

Post Tue, Dec 27 2011, 12:10 pm
What about something new for you to wear in the bedroom......

chocolate chips

Post Tue, Dec 27 2011, 6:21 pm
strong strong coffee with a nice big coffee mug!

I know that is what dh would want after he stopped smoking... LOL

I am so happy for you op.

ps: or maybe his most special supper with a wrapped box of cigarette shaped gum Smile

veganesther

Post Tue, Dec 27 2011, 6:28 pm
reward him w/ a secksy nightie and be willing to do something a little more risque.
Keep lots of yummy fresh juice and tasty spicy foods in the house.
you are a lucky woman. Be extra cheerful b/c withdrawal from nicotine is painful and long.

ILOVELIFE

Post Tue, Dec 27 2011, 7:51 pm
This is amazing. In editing the piece in Binah this week on second hand smoke, I got to speak to some awesome women whose husbands have given up smoking and it was seriously their happiest day. The article has some good info for wives whose husbands have given it up and for those who have not yet gotten there....

wereafamily

Post Tue, Dec 27 2011, 9:06 pm
BUY im the world...he is AMAZING for stopping to smoke!!

SUPPORT him every minute of the day...

TranquilityAndPeace

Post Tue, Dec 27 2011, 9:16 pm
Hurray!!!

I'm so happy for you. My DH quit too, about 4 years ago, but I never said a word to him about it, so I know that he didn't do it specifically for me. (Unless he was thinking that he didn't want me to be a young, beautiful, widow...)

I think it's worth figuring out what else he can do with his hands - I read that a lot in the self-help quit smoking books. They often suggested knitting, although my DH would think I fell off the moon if I'd suggested that! Rolling Eyes Sometimes people who recently quit smoking feel like they have nothing to do with their hands.

Maybe a sleek mp3 player, if he doesn't have one?

Definitely some bedroom spice for both of you.

Would he like an iphone or ipad?

HindaRochel

Post Tue, Dec 27 2011, 9:20 pm
MAZEL TOV!!! Yishar koach!!!! That is wonderful to hear.
What has he been wanting lately? Go with his favorite things...

Sherri

Post Wed, Dec 28 2011, 7:21 am
HindaRochel wrote:
MAZEL TOV!!! Yishar koach!!!! That is wonderful to hear.
What has he been wanting lately? Go with his favorite things...
Thumbs Up Spoil the guy silly! Smile

chocolate chips

Post Wed, Dec 28 2011, 7:57 am
I showed dh this page of responses...bad idea Very Happy

He stopped smoking when we were engaged because he knew I didn't want it. However I only found out he actually smoked after the wedding when he told me that he used to and he stopped. I always thank him for it and make a big deal but now he wants presents LOL

OP if I didn't say it before, you are a lucky lady! Enjoy....kudos to your dh!

amother

Post Wed, Dec 28 2011, 8:05 am
OP here, Thanks all for the encouraging words! I am definitely proudest woman and we are happier like never before. He has put up some weight ever since. But thats obviously because he is looking for a satisfaction substitute and he was always thin so I am not really worried, I know he'll catch up on that too.
Guess what our decision was?! His teeth were really bad and yellow... I got a gift certificate to his dentist for an expensive whitening! U had to witness that yellow smile! LOL
Isnt that original?! I know dh would LOVE that. Everyone that feels good wants to look good! Smile

chocolate chips

Post Wed, Dec 28 2011, 10:02 am
amother wrote:
OP here, Thanks all for the encouraging words! I am definitely proudest woman and we are happier like never before. He has put up some weight ever since. But thats obviously because he is looking for a satisfaction substitute and he was always thin so I am not really worried, I know he'll catch up on that too.
Guess what our decision was?! His teeth were really bad and yellow... I got a gift certificate to his dentist for an expensive whitening! U had to witness that yellow smile! LOL
Isnt that original?! I know dh would LOVE that. Everyone that feels good wants to look good! Smile
coolest present ever!!
you sound so happy I am beaming for youtoo!

rain

Post Wed, Dec 28 2011, 6:29 pm
yaaaay!!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics