Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
DD is pregnant!!?!?!?
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

BeershevaBubby

Post Tue, Nov 27 2012, 12:45 pm
amother wrote:
As people are implying abortion ijwts An abortion can permanently mentally and emotionally mess a person up.

Right. Because being an pregnant, unwed, BY student who decides to have the baby won't permanently affect a person emotionally and/or mentally.

amother

Post Tue, Nov 27 2012, 12:49 pm
black sheep wrote:
(at first I suspected a troll, but then I said to myself two things: 1. if it is real, this mom needs real support, lets err on the side of helping someone in need 2. trolls don't post in "teenagers.")

This still seems like some fun way to start a conversation. Op hasn't chimed in yet at all.

sequoia

Post Tue, Nov 27 2012, 12:50 pm
It is her decision. Not OP's, not ours, not a rav's. Her body, her pregnancy, her decision. These arguments are absurd. Can't you all see that? No matter what your opinion regarding the situation, it remains the girl's decision. I would hope that her mother wouldn't pressure her either way.

amother

Post Tue, Nov 27 2012, 12:52 pm
YESHASettler wrote:
amother wrote:
As people are implying abortion ijwts An abortion can permanently mentally and emotionally mess a person up.

Right. Because being an pregnant, unwed, BY student who decides to have the baby won't permanently affect a person emotionally and/or mentally.

I didn't say otherwise Yesha, what I did say is that abortion does not provide a lack of those problems. And who is to say which is harder to recover from emotionally in the long run?

I also lean towards this post being worded "troll-ishly" but just in case commented.

amother

Post Tue, Nov 27 2012, 1:09 pm
The wording of the initial post does seem troll-like, and rather teenage.

Plus, it's way too simple for an imamother post. I mean, where's the drama?

Maybe I'm a bit cynical...

IMHopinion

Post Tue, Nov 27 2012, 1:21 pm
amother wrote:

My first thought when I opened this thread.

Sherri

Post Tue, Nov 27 2012, 1:22 pm
Guess I'm a sucker. Smile

Inspired

Post Tue, Nov 27 2012, 1:24 pm
amother wrote:
amother wrote:
Omg!! DD told me last night that she took a pregnancy test and that it came out positive, we are going to the doctor today....what should I do...she is still in High School (beis yaakov...!!)

Be there for her. Support her. Love her.

Help her decide what to do. Does she want to keep the baby? Raise the baby on her own? Give the baby up for adoption?

Be there for her. Support her. Love her. (Worth saying twice.)

Our niece has a baby before she was married; the father was not Jewish. Her parents consulted our rabbi (long story). What do we tell people? You tell them that you've been blessed by the birth of a grandchild. What do we say if they ask if our daughter is married? You tell them she's not. The bris was held at our shul. The mohel was well known and well respected in the Orthodox community. When asked about doing the bris under these circumstances, he said This is a Jewish boy. He needs a bris.

She is not the first. She will not be the last. It's not what we want for our kids, because we want our kids' lives to be easy, and this isn't easy.

And hugs to you, OP. You need support, too. Speak to someone you trust. Get the support you need.

As to your daughter, be there for her. Support her. Love her. (Worth saying three times.)

That is really it.
You are not going to accomplish anything by doing anything that makes her feel bad. Kol hakavod that you are the kind of mother to whom your DD actually came instead of hiding it and doing G-d knows what.
I know girls who have kept and raised the baby, couples that have gotten married quickly, couples that put the baby up for adoption and girls that have terminated the pregnancy.
It all depends on your dd and what she can handle and her relationship with the baby's father.
I hope it was a mutual relationship and not abuse chas veshalom.

theprocastinator

Post Tue, Nov 27 2012, 1:25 pm
I'm wondering if the OP is the same author as "DH's Scary Blog"-same writing style.

rachel91

Post Tue, Nov 27 2012, 1:38 pm
IMHopinion wrote:
amother wrote:

My first thought when I opened this thread.

Me too..totally...like oh you know? my teenage daughter is pregnant!

Yael

Post Tue, Nov 27 2012, 1:55 pm
theprocastinator wrote:
I'm wondering if the OP is the same author as "DH's Scary Blog"-same writing style.

Incredibly, you are correct.
I dont know how you managed to figure that out, but the scary blog thread and this thread were both started by the same person who I am going to assume is a troll based on the number of troll-like threads s/he has started.
Shooting Arrow

Yael

Post Tue, Nov 27 2012, 1:57 pm
does anyone remember the last time we had a thread on the same topic? I think it was a sister asking if she could give a morning after pill to her pregnant? sister.
it also turned out to be a troll.

zaq

Post Tue, Nov 27 2012, 1:59 pm
Wow, I'm so glad I clicked on the last post first (because I saw it was Yael and she hadn't locked the thread) and didn't waste my time with the rest of the thread!

shiffycc

Post Tue, Nov 27 2012, 2:01 pm
Yael wrote:
theprocastinator wrote:

Incredibly, you are correct.
I dont know how you managed to figure that out, but the scary blog thread and this thread were both started by the same person who I am going to assume is a troll based on the number of troll-like threads s/he has started.
Shooting Arrow

Wait! How do you know? (I guess im kind of new to this...)

zaq

Post Tue, Nov 27 2012, 2:02 pm
Scary Blog is also a troll? Too bad, I was going to tell her to tell her dh that the blog is not readable due to his color scheme of white on grey on charcoal on black and if he wants people to read it, he has to provide sufficient contrast between text and background.

Sherri

Post Tue, Nov 27 2012, 2:11 pm
So BlogWife wrote the blog just to post about it? Serious dedication.

momof2sofar

Post Tue, Nov 27 2012, 2:11 pm
You mean that "dh scary blog" troll went through all the trouble of creating a phony blog and posting on imamother. What for? My, people have too much time on their hands.

Barbara

Post Tue, Nov 27 2012, 2:12 pm
zaq wrote:
Scary Blog is also a troll? Too bad, I was going to tell her to tell her dh that the blog is not readable due to his color scheme of white on grey on charcoal on black and if he wants people to read it, he has to provide sufficient contrast between text and background.

Actually, anyone who would go to the trouble of creating a blog in order to post about it (assuming that is what happened, as opposed to picking a random blog) has some serious issues that need to be addressed. I wouldn't call such a person a troll at all, just someone in need of help.

Ritty

Post Tue, Nov 27 2012, 2:13 pm
Ye my first thought was that its a troll too. Especially after the op didn't comment on anything.

vintagebknyc

Post Tue, Nov 27 2012, 2:14 pm
shiffycc wrote:

Wait! How do you know? (I guess im kind of new to this...)

likely same IP address (internet service provider. each person who visits gets their IP logged in. )
Page 3 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children