Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
DD is pregnant!!?!?!?
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

peppermint

Post Tue, Nov 27 2012, 2:19 pm
vintagebknyc wrote:
shiffycc wrote:

Wait! How do you know? (I guess im kind of new to this...)

likely same IP address (internet service provider. each person who visits gets their IP logged in. )
Yael can see what amothers screen name is

greenfire

Post Tue, Nov 27 2012, 2:20 pm
take a few deep breaths ...

regardless of which high school one attends, teens can fall vulnerable to the need for love & make mistakes like any other human - all it takes is but a moment ... the boy should know just as an fyi & try as much as you can to be there for her & support her & guide her but the decision is hers ultimately to make [I'm grateful for both you and your daughter that she felt she could tell you]

after the dust settles get her on a bc shot like depo provera

good luck !!! Hug

causemommysaid

Post Tue, Nov 27 2012, 2:21 pm
wow so this troll wrote a whole blog just to be able to scam imamothers. that thread did not seem trollish but this thread I knew from the start was a troll.

you know I have loads of things that need to get done and no time to do it. if troll mom needs some extra activities to fill her time....

3 little 1s

shiffycc wrote:
Yael wrote:
theprocastinator wrote:
I'm wondering if the OP is the same author as "DH's Scary Blog"-same writing style.

Incredibly, you are correct.
I dont know how you managed to figure that out, but the scary blog thread and this thread were both started by the same person who I am going to assume is a troll based on the number of troll-like threads s/he has started.
Shooting Arrow

Wait! How do you know? (I guess im kind of new to this...)

Yael is the boss around here....she has access to all the technical info! Wave

MimiMommy

greenfire wrote:
take a few deep breaths ...

regardless of which high school one attends, teens can fall vulnerable to the need for love & make mistakes like any other human - all it takes is but a moment ... the boy should know just as an fyi & try as much as you can to be there for her & support her & guide her but the decision is hers ultimately to make [I'm grateful for both you and your daughter that she felt she could tell you]

after the dust settles get her on a bc shot like depo provera

good luck !!! Hug

Sigh....darling, this is why it's helpful to read previous comments.

zaq

Post Tue, Nov 27 2012, 2:28 pm
momof2sofar wrote:
You mean that "dh scary blog" troll went through all the trouble of creating a phony blog and posting on imamother. What for? My, people have too much time on their hands.

You give her too much credit. Chances are she--or he!--was trawling (not trolling) the blogosphere, found this depressing-suicidal blog, and got the brilliant idea of pretending on imamother to be the dw of the blogger. That would be what you call an "opportunistic" troll.

Last edited by zaq on Tue, Nov 27 2012, 2:29 pm; edited 1 time in total

greenfire

Post Tue, Nov 27 2012, 2:29 pm
wow look what changed in a few minutes whilst I posted ... shock Angry

so did we learn anything - something ... advice still stands to those in that issue ... or better yet get your teens on depo shot if you're concerned they may be active

guys we have enough problems in the world ~ you don't need to make things up Scratching Head

zaq

Post Tue, Nov 27 2012, 2:32 pm
greenfire wrote:

guys we have enough problems in the world ~ you don't need to make things up Scratching Head

So true.
This kind of trolling is the online equivalent of calling in a false alarm to the fire house. While good-hearted citizens are expending precious energy responding to a prank, persons legitimately in need of help are doing without.

rachel91

Post Tue, Nov 27 2012, 2:33 pm
ysmommy wrote:
wow so this troll wrote a whole blog just to be able to scam imamothers. that thread did not seem trollish but this thread I knew from the start was a troll.

you know I have loads of things that need to get done and no time to do it. if troll mom needs some extra activities to fill her time....

troll mom:) haha

PinkFridge

Post Tue, Nov 27 2012, 2:36 pm
Barbara wrote:
zaq wrote:
Scary Blog is also a troll? Too bad, I was going to tell her to tell her dh that the blog is not readable due to his color scheme of white on grey on charcoal on black and if he wants people to read it, he has to provide sufficient contrast between text and background.

Actually, anyone who would go to the trouble of creating a blog in order to post about it (assuming that is what happened, as opposed to picking a random blog) has some serious issues that need to be addressed. I wouldn't call such a person a troll at all, just someone in need of help.

Could just be a bochur who's run out of aluminum foil for this year's Pesach forward.
So I guess that, let's see, someone in that situation would have to be in her mid/late 30s. I'm heartened it's a given that anyone of that age who says OMG is likely to be a troll Tongue Out

IMHopinion

Post Tue, Nov 27 2012, 2:36 pm
Wow, this thread was So obvious, but that blog thread looked real to me.
Did OP actually open this blog for nothing?

Is OP suicidal? There is a real person behind every screen name, perhaps this person needs lots of help.

mfb

Post Tue, Nov 27 2012, 2:40 pm
just curious what happens to someone that is found to be a troll? are they then blocked from comingthis site?

TranquilityAndPeace

Post Tue, Nov 27 2012, 2:48 pm
mommyfrombrooklyn wrote:
just curious what happens to someone that is found to be a troll? are they then blocked from comingthis site?

I'm sure their IP and email address blocked, but how can they be stopped from accessing this site from another device using another email address?

imamiri

Post Tue, Nov 27 2012, 3:38 pm
Yael wrote:
theprocastinator wrote:
I'm wondering if the OP is the same author as "DH's Scary Blog"-same writing style.

Incredibly, you are correct.
I dont know how you managed to figure that out, but the scary blog thread and this thread were both started by the same person who I am going to assume is a troll based on the number of troll-like threads s/he has started.
Shooting Arrow

Blog Wife was a troll too? You should out their screen name.

B"H YOM YOM

Post Tue, Nov 27 2012, 3:45 pm
Perhaps I am not understanding something. Why is this obvious troll thread not being deleted? Some imamothers are not reading through and are actually spending time trying to compose a sympathetic response and believe it to be true. I think it is time to delete this thread. Isn't that what is done when it is found out to be a troll?

b from nj

Post Tue, Nov 27 2012, 3:55 pm
I think life is too darn short to have to waste time on bored imamother trolls!!!

greenfire

Post Tue, Nov 27 2012, 3:57 pm
MimiMommy wrote:

Sigh....darling, this is why it's helpful to read previous comments.

assumptions assumptions

amother
Fuchsia

Post Tue, Nov 27 2012, 4:22 pm
edited

mommyla

Post Tue, Nov 27 2012, 4:25 pm
Hey, maybe her DH is depressed because their DD is pregnant!

Can't wait to see the "blog posts" following this announcement! Wink

IMHopinion

Post Tue, Nov 27 2012, 4:30 pm
I still think those 2 threads were written with 2 very diff styles.

Perhaps that thread was real,and this one's a troll posted by the suicidal bored hubby?

Rolling Eyes
Page 4 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children