Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Why is there so much s*x in movies?
Previous  1  2

Ruchel

Post Sun, Nov 17 2013, 1:16 pm
sunlight wrote:
What would a movie be without that? It makes it interesting!

really?
Even without a love story a movie or book can be great.
Certainly without s-x, and MOST certainly without filth.
If anything the best books for sure don't have filth, or often don't have s-x as in s-x scenes.

sunlight

Post Sun, Nov 17 2013, 1:22 pm
Ruchel wrote:
sunlight wrote:
What would a movie be without that? It makes it interesting!

really?
Even without a love story a movie or book can be great.
Certainly without s-x, and MOST certainly without filth.
If anything the best books for sure don't have filth, or often don't have s-x as in s-x scenes.

Oh I don't mean it as you took it. I mean it wouldn't be so interesting for all those that addicted to watching movies, to watch it if it were just stories. They are addicted to it many times because of this reason. In other words, it sells much better, because it pulls people to it. I don't mean that whoever watched it, watches for this reason. But this definitely has a pull to it because of it.

amother

Post Sun, Nov 17 2013, 1:33 pm
sunlight wrote:
They put them in because that's what excites people. What would a movie be without that? It makes it interesting!

Also, if people like this kind of thing, they can read a romance novel or something of that sort. That is no reason to infiltrate it into movies. It is perfectly possible to watch a good movie without s-x. There are many. In my opinion it only detracts from the quality of the movie.

Also, it is possible to watch a great romantic film without s-x (shock, horror). I find You've Got Mail very romantic. I also find the sound of music quite romantic. There is no s-x in either of these. There are many more romantic films without s-x, especially the old classic ones. The most they contain is possibly one kiss near the end. And they were actually truly romantic.
I like romance too, like many women.

Nowadays it's all gratuitious s-x, and if that's all someone wants to see, why not [filth]?
No need to put it in and ruin it just for the sake of giving the audience what they want.

Most of it is unnecessary and it's all because society today has lost all its barriers.

Ruchel

Post Sun, Nov 17 2013, 1:44 pm
Yea. Less shameful than watching real p-rn...
and in the mean time snce it's "not p-rn", then it means the young generation is exposed to it

amother

Post Sun, Nov 17 2013, 2:32 pm
I understand u but even on so many videos there is not so much s-x as in filthy language that's what gets me annoyed I don't like the language

Blue jay

Post Sun, Nov 17 2013, 4:40 pm
because of peoples lack of attention and imagination.

People today need to be shocked shock in many different ways or else the movie will not be interesting enough.

Its not just s-x,

toilet humor, screaming irrate woman , baffoon men. crazy and naseating cartoons .
Makes me run for the hills or just a nice quiet book.

amother

Post Sun, Nov 17 2013, 5:12 pm
tell me about it. the language on tv is obscene. It's rare to find a programme without swearing these days. It's like the writers just put it on for the sake of it. No reason for it.

bamamama

Post Sun, Nov 17 2013, 6:22 pm
You kids get off my lawn!!!!

PinkFridge

Post Sun, Nov 17 2013, 6:29 pm
marina wrote:
amother wrote:
in my opinion because 1) it sells. It is not an integral part of any movie, it's tossed in to satisfy the viewers.

2) What we believe is just too different from what society believes. They are like two different worlds. To put it crudely most people believe that s-x is just a physical act and has nothing to do with intimacy and spirituality.

The difference is that in Judaism we believe that every physical aspect of life contains the greatest spiritual potential and that our job is to elevate the physical into something sacred, spiritual and beautiful. Intimacy is the most powerful force in the universe, it creates life even if it is not for the purpose of conceiving, it still creates life: spiritual angels are created. It is our responsibility to uphold that beauty and power and use it in the right way, place and setting. It must be channelled correctly. Because it is so powerful there are many rules and many ideals, not just practical but emotionally there must be love, warmth, spiritual connection, the list goes on. It has to be the most spiritual state a person can experience - even if it is not going to create life.

However this is not how others see it - to them it's just physical. It becomes one of the most destructive energies. It is ugly, sordid, and prevents the world from being the place G-d wants it to be.

My advice is just to stop watching the movies. Our way of life is not the same. We have values, we live lives where everything is sacred, everything has meaning. We take everything that exists in our lives and make them holy and beautiful. We are the light unto the nations. never forget that.

Have you formed those beliefs because you did a survey of gentiles? Or secular Jews? Or because you have managed to watch an episode of Maury Povich while waiting for the bank teller?

The vast majority of people, regardless of race or religion, in my experience, value intimacy as a way of connecting between people. Yet- they still manage to like movies with some racy scenes.

It is not a physical, sordid, ugly act for most. I am sorry that you have such a sad view of society.

Marina, you Pollychana you!

zaq

Post Sun, Nov 17 2013, 7:20 pm
amother wrote:
I understand u but even on so many videos there is not so much s-x as in filthy language that's what gets me annoyed I don't like the language

Then don't watch it. I don't see anyone with a gun to your head forcing you to watch.
And now you know why some people won't have a TV, watch YouTube or go to movies. They're not all religious-fanatic-Taliban-weirdoes. Some of them are just plain people with class.

Blue jay

Post Sun, Nov 17 2013, 11:44 pm
bamamama wrote:
You kids get off my lawn!!!!

Not listening
Rolling Laughter

amother

Post Mon, Nov 18 2013, 5:04 am
amother wrote:

Because movies reflect life.

PinkFridge

Post Mon, Nov 18 2013, 7:02 am
Very delayed reaction:
No, there's not. It's all the repressed people, the ones who would see it in a straight Rorshach line, that are imagining it.

Ruchel

Post Mon, Nov 18 2013, 7:58 am
amother wrote:
amother wrote:

Because movies reflect life.

They do- in a distorted way. And I realized not all adults and many kids are unable to understand that. Another danger, especially when showing s-x.

shosh

Post Mon, Nov 18 2013, 4:01 pm
I remember, when I was a kid, my parents watching something on TV and there was a rather, er... shall we say prurient scene, and my father remarking:

"They show everything on TV these days. Soon they'll be showing people sitting on the toilet!!!"

I haven't watched TV or movies for a very long time, but I do wonder ...

PinkFridge

Post Mon, Nov 18 2013, 4:10 pm
shosh wrote:
I remember, when I was a kid, my parents watching something on TV and there was a rather, er... shall we say prurient scene, and my father remarking:

"They show everything on TV these days. Soon they'll be showing people sitting on the toilet!!!"

Yes, the All in the Family flush was ever so elegant and subtle.

greenfire

Post Mon, Nov 18 2013, 4:21 pm
vintagebknyc wrote:
seckiest movie, by far (in my opinion) is "out of africa." the only skin one sees is the back of redford's back when he's holding her in bed. that's it.

don't know where I was when they made that movie ... but I'm going to have to watch it ... [I think backs are zexy]

greenfire

Post Mon, Nov 18 2013, 4:24 pm
not one bad scene yet the music leaves you ... well ~ aching for love [I guess hollywood is at it again]

greenfire

Post Mon, Nov 18 2013, 4:47 pm
PinkFridge wrote:
shosh wrote:

Yes, the All in the Family flush was ever so elegant and subtle.

probably a lot more subtle than archie's loud abusive mouth Exploding anger
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics