Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training
Sibling emulation

cdawnr

Post Tue, Jun 26 2007, 10:43 am
Ok, so we are now working on potty training ds, who is 3 and a few months. My dd is 18 months and want to do everything that ds does.

What should be my attitude to her going potty. I don't think she really gets what its baout, but she wants to sit on the potty too...I am afraid that if I start too early she will just end up regressing or cause damage to her ability to actually be trained later on...

thoughts.

Seraph

Post Tue, Jun 26 2007, 10:48 am
When my mother was potty training my older sister, she wasn't so interested, but I was (18 mos younger than her). My mother let me use the potty, and as soon as I was trained, my older sister just HAD to learn, because she was embarassed (is that the right feeling? I dunno) that her little sister was potty trained before her, and learned in a snap.

It may make it easier for you if you potty train the younger one now.

I dont think I ever regressed once I was taught- and I was taught at a VERY young age...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training