Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Dear Rebbe....
Previous  1  2

amother
Plum

Post Tue, Jan 05 2016, 11:44 pm
I know. We were looking into the area of mirror lake andover etc. And in a mere eight weeks the prices hiked twenty percent.

amother
Sienna

Post Wed, Jan 06 2016, 9:16 am
[quote="amother"]Disclaimer; I'm a chasidishe and my family all around are chasidishe too.
I cant imagine this comment was the first that dose not correlate with your values, this so called chasidishe values are shove down throat of our most valuable assets, our next generation, I don't understand why people who are not real believers in the small box chasidishe system, still send their coming generation to be gobbled up on something they them self are completely at odds with. Yes I'm talking from my own experience, my children got the same direct and subliminal messages, it was very destructive to them, because you cant have your child get one way from home and another direction from home. We still run a complete chasidishe home, but we send our kids to mosdos who more or less reflect our hashkafa. (I.e. not to the main street chasidishe mosdos like pupa, visnitz, belz.) if you think about it this chushive rebbi had the nerves to go openly against some parents of his students, you could just imagine how much more he puts into them Subconsciously. I don't blame the rebbi, because he really thinks he is helping your son by driving him away from you, back to Monsey, sorry, back to Hashem. I do strongly believe that every parent should take responsibility for their offspring's way of life.[/quote

Op here, when I initially sent my children to this school they were not as "close minded" it became more and more extreme over the years. When I tried to take my kids out and send them elsewhere (as I felt it was damaging to them) I was not accepted elsewhere as we were told he had a place and we should be happy....my other sons were sent to a more main stream cheder...regardless, I dont think the rebbe meant bad...I think he is just naive and grew up in a bubble and perhaps cant see it differently.

sourstix

Post Wed, Jan 06 2016, 9:42 am
are the housing in monsey cheaper then brooklyn? I am hearing pp moving there from brooklyn is it that much cheaper still? is the outskirts cheaper? I guess yes but what about the regular monsey?

amother
Sienna

Post Wed, Jan 06 2016, 9:47 am
sourstix wrote:
are the housing in monsey cheaper then brooklyn? I am hearing pp moving there from brooklyn is it that much cheaper still? is the outskirts cheaper? I guess yes but what about the regular monsey?

Regular Monsey housing prices have blown through the roof, it still may be cheaper than Brooklyn, but add in the taxes, higher tuition etc....it's the same. The outskirts are still a bit cheaper, but I purchased last year and my house would go for over 100K more than when I bought it exactly a year ago...the prices just keep going up and up...

Chayalle

Post Wed, Jan 06 2016, 9:58 am
sourstix wrote:

It's probably somewhat cheaper, plus you are getting way more bang for your buck - a bigger house with a nice yard, etc....

imasoftov

Post Wed, Jan 06 2016, 11:48 am
amother wrote:
About 10 years ago I moved to the outskirts of Monsey. We are no longer the outskirts. Monsey is expanding in every direction.

You ran away from Hashem but Hashem eventually caught up with you?

STMommy

Post Wed, Jan 06 2016, 12:30 pm
imasoftov wrote:
You ran away from Hashem but Hashem eventually caught up with you?

LOL!

amother
Chocolate

Post Wed, Jan 06 2016, 12:35 pm
I had a teacher tell my daughter that it doesn't matter who you are or what you do, if your zip code isn't 08701 you just aren't as frum.

mommyla

Post Wed, Jan 06 2016, 12:56 pm
amother wrote:
I had a teacher tell my daughter that it doesn't matter who you are or what you do, if your zip code isn't 08701 you just aren't as frum.

shock Please share which school so I'll know not to send there. (Kidding. Sort of.)

Chayalle

Post Wed, Jan 06 2016, 1:28 pm
amother wrote:

Yes do share. If I grew up in a different zipcode but have that zipcode now, what does that make me? If I should move, what does that do to me?

amother
Chocolate

Post Wed, Jan 06 2016, 2:50 pm
It was a lakewood school. I don't think this teachers opinion reflects that of the school. But I Have seen that attitude a lot in lakewood.

cm

Post Wed, Jan 06 2016, 3:04 pm
amother wrote:

That sounds like the sort of thing that could be said in a joking way.

If the teacher was serious...oh, dear.

amother
Chocolate

Post Wed, Jan 06 2016, 4:19 pm
Sorry for hijacking. I didn't mean to

gittelchana

Post Thu, Jan 07 2016, 1:17 am
Chayalle wrote:
Yes do share. If I grew up in a different zipcode but have that zipcode now, what does that make me? If I should move, what does that do to me?

That must make you a BT Wink

m in Israel

Post Thu, Jan 07 2016, 2:43 am
amother wrote:

What does it make me if I don't even know where that zip code is? I'm guessing from this thread that it is a part of Lakewood (and also from my general knowledge that NJ zipcodes begin with a "0"), but out of context I would have no clue where that zipcode is. . .

Last edited by m in Israel on Thu, Jan 07 2016, 8:29 am; edited 1 time in total

cm

Post Thu, Jan 07 2016, 7:31 am
m in Israel wrote:
What does it make me if I don't even know where that zip code is? I'm guessing from this thread that it is a part of Lakewood (and also from my general knowledge that NJ zipcodes beginning with a "0"), but out of context I would have no clue where that zipcode is. . .

According to Google Maps, it is in Lakewood. I didn't know it either.

greenhelm

Post Thu, Jan 07 2016, 8:12 am
gittelchana wrote:
That must make you a BT Wink

LOL

imasoftov

Post Thu, Jan 07 2016, 9:52 am
amother wrote:

Surely the additional digits of the ZIP+4 code must also be taken into account ...

leah233

Post Thu, Jan 07 2016, 10:16 am
amother wrote:

Are you sure that is exactly what she said? I once heard something similar but very different, from a very respected old time Lakewood Rov, that went as follows: Your zip code can be 08701 but you are living in the worst of all places. And your zip code can be in the worst of all places but you are living in a Mokom Torah.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics