Home

Scranton pa
Previous  1, 2
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Vacation and Traveling

Report offensive ad

View latest: 24h 48h 72h


amother




Plum


Post  Fri, Aug 10 2018, 12:16 am
happy12 wrote:
Before you book four points sheraton, read the reviews.


Thank you! I assumed it was a nice hotel because it’s a Sheraton.
Back to top

overworked









  


Post  Fri, Aug 10 2018, 2:42 am
I walked about 20 min from Sherittan hotel to the Shul the 10 min to friend to eat meal
Back to top

amother




Plum


Post  Fri, Aug 10 2018, 8:17 am
overworked wrote:
I walked about 20 min from Sherittan hotel to the Shul the 10 min to friend to eat meal

What did you think of the hotel?
Back to top

overworked









  


Post  Fri, Aug 10 2018, 12:24 pm
Nice clean nothing fancy no fridge in room which that was a Shlep since we had to go down to lobby for our food that was stored in a private room
Back to top

amother




Plum


Post  Fri, Aug 10 2018, 12:27 pm
overworked wrote:
Nice clean nothing fancy no fridge in room which that was a Shlep since we had to go down to lobby for our food that was stored in a private room

They didn’t give you an option to pay for a fridge in the room?
Back to top

curlytop









  


Post  Sat, Aug 11 2018, 10:12 pm
overworked wrote:
Nice clean nothing fancy no fridge in room which that was a Shlep since we had to go down to lobby for our food that was stored in a private room


we also recently stayed there was a totally pleasant experience. no fridge in the room though. they gave us a really late checkout and the pool was empty which is a plus fornus
Back to top

amother




Plum


Post  Sun, Aug 12 2018, 10:23 am
I am really confused about the Four Points Sheraton because the reviews online are not good while others here said they had no issues.
Back to top

happy12









  


Post  Sun, Aug 12 2018, 10:27 am
After I read the reviews of sheraton, Im scared to book there. I booked in home2 suites by hilton which is new hotel.
It is not walking distance to shul so wont work for shabbos, nut the reviews were good.
Back to top

curlytop









  


Post  Mon, Aug 13 2018, 12:28 am
happy12 wrote:
After I read the reviews of sheraton, Im scared to book there. I booked in home2 suites by hilton which is new hotel.
It is not walking distance to shul so wont work for shabbos, nut the reviews were good.


im glad I didnt read the reviews! was totally uneventful trip
Back to top

amother




Plum


Post  Mon, Aug 13 2018, 1:56 am
curlytop wrote:
im glad I didnt read the reviews! was totally uneventful trip

I am debating between the Hilton and the Four Points. I would be using points if I stay in the Four Points.
Back to top

shanie5









  


Post  Tue, Aug 14 2018, 12:23 am
The Hilton and Radisson hotels are in the eruv. (Hilton can only use certain doors to be inside the eruv)
The kosher grocery is small, but has just about everything you need. It's called the yeshiva co-op. 570-963-5699.
And as of last wednesday, they opened a fleishy restaurant in kingston. Only opened wed eve and reservations needed. Same telephone # as the pizza place.
Back to top

amother




Plum


Post  Tue, Aug 14 2018, 7:23 am
shanie5 wrote:
The Hilton and Radisson hotels are in the eruv. (Hilton can only use certain doors to be inside the eruv).

Any nice parks or somewhere to walk Shabbos afternoon?
Back to top

shanie5









  


Post  Tue, Aug 14 2018, 10:52 pm
Nearest place to walk would be the University of Scranton campus. No other parks nearby that I can think of.
Back to top

amother




Plum


Post  Tue, Aug 14 2018, 11:52 pm
shanie5 wrote:
Nearest place to walk would be the University of Scranton campus. No other parks nearby that I can think of.

So basically no where to walk Shabbos afternoon if staying in the Hilton or Raddison?
Back to top

shanie5









  


Post  Sat, Aug 18 2018, 9:54 pm
There is NAY AUG park, but that in itself is a decent walk from the hotel. If youre looking for a path, there is none nearby. The hotels are in downtown scranton.
Back to top
Previous  1, 2 Recent Topics

Page 2 of 2 View latest: 24h 48h 72h


Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Vacation and Traveling

Related Topics Replies Last Post
Kosher restaurant in Scranton PA near Montage Mountain
by amother
4 Wed, Jan 31 2018, 2:29 pm View last post
Mashgiach wanted-Scranton
by shanie5
0 Tue, Mar 21 2017, 8:35 pm View last post
Seeking ride from catskills to scranton 0 Sun, Aug 28 2016, 8:38 pm View last post
Scranton? 34 Thu, Jul 14 2016, 9:17 pm View last post
Any info on Rochester, NY, Scranton, PA or Pittsburgh PA?
by DVOM
12 Fri, Jun 03 2016, 7:33 am View last post

Jump to:  





Report offensive ad