Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Dealing with new sibling

suomynona

Post Fri, Oct 12 2007, 6:08 am
I'm really worried about how my 2 year old will adjust to a new sibling, not to mention the whole upheaval of his mother being away at the hospital for a few days and then not spending as much time as usual taking care of him at the beginning.
Any tips would be appreciated.

smiley:)

Post Fri, Oct 12 2007, 6:14 am
As you know I was in the same situation - having my 2nd. My son never went to gan or even a babysitter before. Just remember in the long run it will be better for him. It's good for kids to have siblings!!!
What I did when I went to the hospital - I knew my son loved cars so I bought 2 little toy cars and I gave one to him and left one in the baby's bassinet for the "baby" to give to him at different hospital visits. When you come home, if possible have some new books to read to him (if he likes books). Its a good sitting down activity... you arent going to be up to much when you get home, and he'll probably just be in the mood to jump on you so this is a perfect new, quiet activity.
Him getting used to a sibling will be a gradual process. Try, when the baby is asleep to do special activities with him. I'll try to think of more ideas for you.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics