Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
Bullying

Tila

Post Mon, Sep 19 2005, 10:00 am
My son is in grade four and is being harassed by a child the same age, but not the same size, the said child is rather big for his age. Appparently he gives other kids a hard time as well. Teachers are at a loss as to what they can do, and all his (the bully) issues take up valuable learning time because there is constant disciplining. NOW is it wrong of me to ask that this child reconsider another school? The school has been trying to deal with him for over five years. This child's mother is a widow (halacha requires one be exra kind to a widow) and a major big time bully herself. She scares alot of the mothers as well. So am I wrong for wanting to request this child to go to another school?

Motek

Post Mon, Sep 19 2005, 12:01 pm
Tila wrote:
(halacha requires one be exra kind to a widow)

as well as to an orphan

is there anything else you can suggest, other than expelling him?

Purple Hug Bunny

Post Mon, Sep 19 2005, 8:30 pm
Maybe s/one should suggest therapy for the child, or maybe s/one who can go to the kids house and help discipline him a bit, or maybe a shadow in school can help him adjust a little better.
the thing is that you can't blame the child for the behavior, especially when the mom is also like this..

Tefila

Post Mon, Sep 19 2005, 8:35 pm
My son was in Camp w/h such a case. The son is an orphan making his mother a widow and the son bullyed everyone till some kids from the masmidim older bunk stepped in and bullyed him back. Sad No I don't think this is the ideal answer at all. But sometimes one has to have a taste of their own medicine. Exclamation So even if teachers or parents can't do it. I wouldn't stop other kids from defending themselves.
It is soo sad this kid is a twin and his brother is the exact opposite. Yes he needs help and love attention but at what expense to the other kids Confused

Tila

Post Thu, Sep 22 2005, 12:18 pm
I have learned alot from this whole experiance. The one that I keep reiterating to my son is that no matter where you go or how older you are there will always be a person like that. I have told him to ignore said child, and to NOT fight back, keep his record pristine. If he is hurt, then report to the head of the school.
The mother of the bully came up to me yesterday and said that it is schopols juristictions now and do not bother me. I simply asked that she tell her son to say EXCUSE ME intead of MOVE IT SCHWARTZ (ALIAS).
They switched the childès desk and he gets to play on the computer at recess on his own. He adores the computer. My son and his friends are happier for now.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children