Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Pinworms- treating naturally
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Wed, Sep 23 2020, 7:44 am
Did anyone recently try? Im going off my mind. My 3 year old is infested.

amother
Turquoise

Post Wed, Sep 23 2020, 7:51 am
I’m just curious why you won’t consider Reese’s pinworm meds...?

Pinworms is one of my biggest nightmare... my daughter had it last year... changed all our linen every morning for 3 days... scrubbed bedroom and bathroom surfaces.. put her stuffed animals in a bag for 2 weeks... it was a lot of work- my only consolation was that the meds are pretty effective and I felt confident that after all that work and taking the second dose 2 weeks later that I was in the clear ...

I tried going with natural stuff for myself (eating raw garlic.. smearing coconut oil etc...) because I wasn’t sure if I was pregnant or not when it was all happening. The garlic KILLED my stomach ... I felt horrible . In the end I wasn’t pregnant and took the meds to make sure problem solved.

I have no idea if the natural methods actually helped or not

Teomima

Post Wed, Sep 23 2020, 7:55 am
I treated pinworms in myself with no medication while pregnant. No natural treatments, just insane insane hygiene. It worked but a kid would never be capable of that level of control. For my kids I give vermox at the first sign.

amother
Amethyst

Post Wed, Sep 23 2020, 7:57 am
Don't mean to scare you but we're going on almost 6 years of trying to get rid of them.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Sep 23 2020, 7:57 am
amother [ Turquoise ] wrote:
I’m just curious why you won’t consider Reese’s pinworm meds...?

Pinworms is one of my biggest nightmare... my daughter had it last year... changed all our linen every morning for 3 days... scrubbed bedroom and bathroom surfaces.. put her stuffed animals in a bag for 2 weeks... it was a lot of work- my only consolation was that the meds are pretty effective and I felt confident that after all that work and taking the second dose 2 weeks later that I was in the clear ...

I tried going with natural stuff for myself (eating raw garlic.. smearing coconut oil etc...) because I wasn’t sure if I was pregnant or not when it was all happening. The garlic KILLED my stomach ... I felt horrible . In the end I wasn’t pregnant and took the meds to make sure problem solved.

I have no idea if the natural methods actually helped or not

Meds help instantly but not long term. dc recently had the meds. It helped for a few weeks then it all came back. I hate to give too much meds.

amother
Turquoise

Post Wed, Sep 23 2020, 8:34 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Meds help instantly but not long term. dc recently had the meds. It helped for a few weeks then it all came back. I hate to give too much meds.

Did you take all measures to wash linens/pjs/bathe everyone in the morning, treat the entire family at the same time and give everyone the second dose after 2 weeks? If not then meds won’t help because you can easily reinfect yourself with eggs that are in your house

amother
Brunette

Post Wed, Sep 23 2020, 9:15 am
If they don't wash their hands with soap in school or keep putting hands into the mouth, you'll have a very hard time getting rid of it. We struggled with pinworms in the past. Nothing helped. During corona lockdown, it went away. They weren't constantly being exposed to other kids' germs and in my house we wash hands with soap after using the bathroom. Two weeks after the start of daycamp, they were again itching......

amother
Brunette

Post Wed, Sep 23 2020, 9:15 am
amother [ Turquoise ] wrote:
Did you take all measures to wash linens/pjs/bathe everyone in the morning, treat the entire family at the same time and give everyone the second dose after 2 weeks? If not then meds won’t help because you can easily reinfect yourself with eggs that are in your house

or in schol

tweety1

Post Wed, Sep 23 2020, 9:43 am
Pindrops from the company herbari

amother
Amber

Post Wed, Sep 23 2020, 10:32 am
you can email me at naturalpinwormeraser@gmail.com
I sell an all natural product that I found after a 5 year struggle, and months of research. I've sold to many people with an almost 100% success rate.
email me for details.

amother
Pewter

Post Wed, Sep 23 2020, 11:28 am
Cina 30 pellets-homeopathic

amother
Amethyst

Post Wed, Sep 23 2020, 11:31 am
amother [ Amber ] wrote:
you can email me at naturalpinwormeraser@gmail.com
I sell an all natural product that I found after a 5 year struggle, and months of research. I've sold to many people with an almost 100% success rate.
email me for details.

Can you share some details about the product?

FranticFrummie

Post Wed, Sep 23 2020, 11:34 am
Most pinworms are immune to Reeses and Pinex now, according to my pharmacist. Vermox is still 100% reliable.

You can order it from Kiwidrug.com if you can't get it in your country.

When DD and I were in the pinworm parsha, in addition to constantly cleaning house, laundering stuffed animals, etc. we did a regular deworming, whether I thought we needed it or not. Everyone got treated - me, DD, and even the dog. (You can get pinworms from pets.) It took a few rounds, but we finally got it under control.

If there are stray cats who are doing their business in your yard, every time your child plays outside, they can get re-infected, so handwashing is absolutely crucial, and you have to use a fingernail brush really well, too. Just disturbing the soil a little bit is enough to kick up pinworm eggs, and they are invisible to the naked eye.

amother
Violet

Post Wed, Sep 23 2020, 12:24 pm
Mom of 6 adult kids here.

I always treated pinworms by having my kids drink pineapple juice for a few days as part of their diet. It works like magic.

Tzutzie

Post Wed, Sep 23 2020, 12:31 pm
amother [ Violet ] wrote:
Mom of 6 adult kids here.

I always treated pinworms by having my kids drink pineapple juice for a few days as part of their diet. It works like magic.

Again? Pineapple juice? That simple?

Werve been struggling with it for years now. How does that work?

We tried many things. Including meds (countless times) and koyalic and other remedies and stuff from the pharmacy and health food stores. It didnt help only gave my kids bad tummy aches.
The next thing on the agenda is homeopathic remedies w pinworms concoction from herbari.

Op im sorry you are also striggling with this.

amother
Apricot

Post Wed, Sep 23 2020, 12:35 pm
I would also be interested in the product you mentioned to treat naturally. We've been struggling for a while (myself included) and would love to hear of another option

amother
Amber

Post Wed, Sep 23 2020, 12:36 pm
amother [ Amethyst ] wrote:
Can you share some details about the product?

sure!
Over the 5 years I was struggling with pinworms in my school aged kids, I had tried everything out there. Pinex, vermox, fresh pineapple, pineapple juice, fermented garlic, pumpkin seeds.
I also did a double round of vermox, with the natural stuff along with it, and it always came back within 2 months.
I finally started researching alot, and came upon a product that is natural, does not get absorbed, and was cleared for safety by Dr. Klein from Dr. Diamond's group in Brooklyn. ( I also cleared it kashrus-wise by Rav Ekstein, the Belz Kashrus expert, since it gets mixed into a drink)
I used this product close to 4 years ago for my entire family (ages 1-30) and haven't had an issue since Baruch Hashem!! I have given it to many families, and when used according to instructions, the feedback I have gotten was 100% success B"H.
It is in powder form, and does not have a taste. It does add a grainy/sandy texture to the drink. I find it tolerated best when taken in concord grape juice, with another small amount of juice or water to wash down the grainy texture.
It works by actually irritating and cutting the thin skin on the worms, thereby killing them. Microscopically, it is like a razor blade and thin skinned worms will get cut and die from it. It is safe for our digestive system.
I reccomend taking it daily for 2 months.
It is cheap, and risk free.

Feel free to email me for more info.
naturalpinwormeraser@gmail.com

amother
Apricot

Post Wed, Sep 23 2020, 12:44 pm
wow thank you. Is this something I can order online?

amother
Apricot

Post Wed, Sep 23 2020, 12:45 pm
also - after 2 months how long were you clear for or did you have to repeat the treatment?

amother
Violet

Post Wed, Sep 23 2020, 12:58 pm
amother [ Amber ] wrote:
sure!
Over the 5 years I was struggling with pinworms in my school aged kids, I had tried everything out there. Pinex, vermox, fresh pineapple, pineapple juice, fermented garlic, pumpkin seeds.
I also did a double round of vermox, with the natural stuff along with it, and it always came back within 2 months.
I finally started researching alot, and came upon a product that is natural, does not get absorbed, and was cleared for safety by Dr. Klein from Dr. Diamond's group in Brooklyn. ( I also cleared it kashrus-wise by Rav Ekstein, the Belz Kashrus expert, since it gets mixed into a drink)
I used this product close to 4 years ago for my entire family (ages 1-30) and haven't had an issue since Baruch Hashem!! I have given it to many families, and when used according to instructions, the feedback I have gotten was 100% success B"H.
It is in powder form, and does not have a taste. It does add a grainy/sandy texture to the drink. I find it tolerated best when taken in concord grape juice, with another small amount of juice or water to wash down the grainy texture.
It works by actually irritating and cutting the thin skin on the worms, thereby killing them. Microscopically, it is like a razor blade and thin skinned worms will get cut and die from it. It is safe for our digestive system.
I reccomend taking it daily for 2 months.
It is cheap, and risk free.

Feel free to email me for more info.
naturalpinwormeraser@gmail.com

Is it diatomaceous earth? Sounds like you're describing that?
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics