Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
What’s something you’ve watched and regret watching it?
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next

amother
Papaya

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 3:15 am
As a rule, things that I regret watching are posted here and described as a "Must Watch".

malki2

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 3:44 am
The range of answers on this thread is quite amusing. From Removed to Disney.

grace413

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 3:51 am
The news.

sequoia

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 3:59 am
requiem for a dream

it really hurt me. I wish I could unsee it.

Coke Slurpee

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 5:02 am
mommy12 wrote:
Also, the weeping angels from Dr. Who. One of the creepiest things I have ever watched.

Everyone really has different tastes, because I don't like horror or even very intense shows, but absolutely love Doctor Who.
Some of my favorite episodes on Doctor Who, are "Blink" and "The Angels take Manhattan".

mommy3b2c

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 5:14 am
youngishbear wrote:
To be fair, it doesn't claim to be accurate. I hated how the ending plays on your heartstrings
Hidden: 

when the Nazi's "innocent" son dies.

As if the million children who were killed somehow deserved it?? I hated my immediate reaction to the ending.

I think that realization is sort of the point, but it might just go over people's heads.

There are unfortunately enough true holocaust stories.

I’m pretty sure that’s the whole point of the story. That the nazi killed millions of innocent children so now he got what he deserved. I only ever read bits and pieces of the book but my reaction was good for him, the nazi got what he deserved. I was happy his son got killed.

yo'ma

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 5:27 am
renny wrote:
A Steven Spielberg movie called Empire of the Sun..about Japan during WW2.. the story of a young English boy being separated from his parents And going through the war alone
Could not get it out of my mind for WEEKS. So so sad.

I like Christian Bale because of this movie.

STMommy

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 5:45 am
This thread makes me so very sad because if I were to start listing all the things I have been traumatized by seeing over the course of my life, the list would never end. I wish I could go back in time and teach my younger self that as an HSP I need to be spend every ounce of my energy being vigilant to stop myself even though the screen is so addictive, but the truth is, even knowing that as an adult, there were still times my DH started watching something and I sat with him to watch even knowing I had no business doing so. B'H he stopped watching everything altogether. But I can't undo the damage I already inflicted on myself. It's enough to make me cry.

amother
Smokey

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 5:49 am
amother [ Crimson ] wrote:
Room
A girl kidnapped and held for seven years who gave birth to a son and was raped by her kidnaper daily. Was able to escape..but the whole thing was terrible.

The movie didn't bother me as much as finding out that it's 'inspired' by a real story.

I wish I could unsee district 9. It disgusted me.

youngishbear

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 5:54 am
Coke Slurpee wrote:
Everyone really has different tastes, because I don't like horror or even very intense shows, but absolutely love Doctor Who.
Some of my favorite episodes on Doctor Who, are "Blink" and "The Angels take Manhattan".

I agree one man's meat is another man's poison.

Blink is the best episode!

amother
Silver

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 5:55 am
Just Cause
The Asassination of Gianni and American Horror Story
parts of Game of Thrones
Scream

Anything too violent.

amother
Oak

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 7:01 am
GOT
The movie Atonement.

icebreaker

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 7:06 am
SuperWify wrote:
For me-

Any episode of Forensic Files but one that won’t be named sticks out (a story about a woman who murdered her kids Sad)

The documentary that was touted on Netflix as trending #1 in US- The American Murder. DONT watch if you value your sleep and sanity. Don’t even look it up. Stop right there!!!I lost mine since watching this over 3 weeks ago Sad Same theme as the above.

Netflix now keeps on pushing me to watch Unsolved Mysteries and other terrible murder documentaries. Attention Netflix- I KNOW you like stealing my sleep but if you continue in this vein I will cancel my subscription!!!

And Cuties. 🤢
Enough said but at least I’m not robbed of my sleep.

For DH:
Goosebumps (I mean, seriously?)

I’ve watched all of these haha. But I like true crime stuff. The new Unsolved Mysteries is pretty good. Not like the original, but I think some of the cases from the first season are being re-investigated because of tips from people who watched it.

Mollie

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 7:11 am
Game of thrones.. but it’s soooo good 😌 conflicted.

Chaya123

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 7:39 am
Watch Over Her

I still get the goosebumps when think of it and don't let my kids watch it. So scary!

amother
Apricot

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 8:02 am
you ladies would laugh at me. I'm so sensitive with what I watch and things really affect me for years.
the titanic where the ship slowly fills with water has my heart racing every time I go swimming. sometimes when I lay (?) in bed with dh I see the Strauss couple in bed while the room filled with water. gasp!

oliver with a twist kept me awake for weeks. the blood going down the stairs. and the guy hanging limply, my hands shake just typing this.

lots of slightly gory snippets of random decent movies are still stuck in my mind and pop up all the time.

I stopped watching orange is the new black, criminal minds, prison break and others....

amother
Floralwhite

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 8:16 am
The handmaids tale omg!!! I only watched 1 episode. DO NOT watch unless you want nightmares of alternate universe / rape uchhhh. WHy is this a popular show????

mommy3b2c

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 8:29 am
amother [ Apricot ] wrote:
you ladies would laugh at me. I'm so sensitive with what I watch and things really affect me for years.
the titanic where the ship slowly fills with water has my heart racing every time I go swimming. sometimes when I lay (?) in bed with dh I see the Strauss couple in bed while the room filled with water. gasp!

oliver with a twist kept me awake for weeks. the blood going down the stairs. and the guy hanging limply, my hands shake just typing this.

lots of slightly gory snippets of random decent movies are still stuck in my mind and pop up all the time.

I stopped watching orange is the new black, criminal minds, prison break and others....

I watched Scary Movie which is supposed to be a comedy making fun of horror movies and I found it terrifying. I have nightmares from commercials for horror movies.

amother
Wheat

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 8:39 am
amother [ Pewter ] wrote:
I specifically never watched (or read) Boy in Striped Pajamas because I knew it would disturb me.

we read this in highschool as part of a literature assignment. its horrible:(

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, Oct 20 2020, 8:41 am
amother [ Apricot ] wrote:

I watched Titanic in the theater, and oh my gosh, I cried SO hard at that scene! I forgot most of the movie, but that scene is etched in my mind. Crying

I kind of like movies where something goes horribly wrong and it's the end of civilization as we know it - but then I watched "To the Lake" on Netflix. Or rather, I watched about halfway into the first episode and thought - why am I upsetting myself like this? This is not entertaining!

It's a Russian film, and it is SO gory and scary and just horrible all around. Russia is pretty dystopian on a GOOD day, and this was so over the top it made me want to run and hide and lock all my doors.

"Tokyo Sinks" is an anime film, and I am a huge anime fan. NO, just NO! Do not watch!!! There is nothing cute about this film. There is nothing uplifting. It's terrible and depressing and just plain WRONG. Remember that not everything animated is for children, no matter how good the art is and how pretty the backgrounds are. It was so bad that I even texted DD, who is also an anime fan, and warned her not to watch it.

"The Handmaid's Tale" is so well acted, and the writing is so good - but it's pure nightmare fuel. I want to watch it, but I just can't get through it. It's too horrifying. Sometimes things that are closer to real life possibility are scarier than ghosts that jump out of closets.

I think that overall, you have to know what your triggers are, and to respect them. Don't push yourself to watch something just because you started it. Don't watch something just because your friend raved about how good it is. Don't watch if you are not in an emotional place to deal with it. Some days I can deal with things, and some days I just can't. Know your limits!

I am not a delicate snowflake, but I've learned to respect myself, and if my stomach is going in knots, that's my cue to exit and not look back.
Page 5 of 8   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next Recent Topics