Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
Yes flu shot or no flu shot pregnant
1  2  3  Next

amother
OP

Post Wed, Oct 28 2020, 7:44 pm
So I'm reading very conflicting information whether or not to get the flu shot this year. Some say with covid around don't you dare some say with covid around it's extremely important. My Dr is suggesting it but understands why I'm scared and can't do more than encourage me to take it.
I'm so confused. My regular pcp I can't ask cuz even if a vaccine will come out today he'll be the first one to push it.

amother
Blonde

Post Wed, Oct 28 2020, 7:46 pm
Im 30 weeks and not taking the shot

amother
Tan

Post Wed, Oct 28 2020, 7:49 pm
I got it done because they're gonna do it when you're admitted to hospital regardless

queen esther

Post Wed, Oct 28 2020, 7:49 pm
I got it about a month ago, I was about 33 wks.I get it every year, with no problems, and I agree with those that say with everything going on, I want to be as protected as possible at least from flu- and give those antibodies to the baby iyh.

amother
Pewter

Post Wed, Oct 28 2020, 7:50 pm
Yes absolutely! I just did it at 35.5 weeks

Elfrida

Post Wed, Oct 28 2020, 7:51 pm
The flu shot is considered safe during pregnancy.

As a rule pregnant women are rightly more vulnerable to flu, and the same seems to be true for Corona. They tend to have stronger symptoms and take a say or two longer to get over it.

The combination of flu and Corona at the same time is a worrying concept, but we haven't really seen enough if it yet to know what it would really be like. The evidence suggests it would be worse for pregnant women.

If you regularly get a flu shot, there is no reason not to get one this year. If you have never had it before, this could be time to think about it.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Oct 28 2020, 8:02 pm
Elfrida wrote:

As a rule pregnant women are rightly more vulnerable to flu, and the same seems to be true for Corona. They tend to have stronger symptoms and take a say or two longer to get over it.

The combination of flu and Corona at the same time is a worrying concept, but we haven't really seen enough if it yet to know what it would really be like. The evidence suggests it would be worse for pregnant women.

If you regularly get a flu shot, there is no reason not to get one this year. If you have never had it before, this could be time to think about it.

I only took it if I'm pregnant through the winter. My last baby was a November baby so I didn't bother.

amother
Cerulean

Post Wed, Oct 28 2020, 8:03 pm
I took it at 12 weeks.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Oct 28 2020, 8:04 pm
amother [ Tan ] wrote:
I got it done because they're gonna do it when you're admitted to hospital regardless

Not where I ever gave birth. I was in methodist, my sister was just in maimonides, NYU, Staten island. Neither of these hospitals ever gave it. The only shot they gave you was the measels during the outbreak if you weren't immuned.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Oct 28 2020, 8:06 pm
Elfrida wrote:

That's exactly why I'm scared to know. They know so little abt covid. Maybe it worse to take the flu shot if one had covid.

amother
Green

Post Wed, Oct 28 2020, 8:08 pm
Yes I got it when I was 8 weeks pregnant this season. I heard it's completely safe to get.

motherhoodbH

Post Wed, Oct 28 2020, 8:14 pm
Not sure why they claim flu season will be bad or why its needed this year.
If masks and social distancing work, they don't only work for covid. They should work for the flu as well.
Also, it says straight out in the package of the flu vaccine that it has never been tested on pregnant women.
They only started recommending it for pregnancy out of the blue a few years ago.
I'm waiting until I see data on why, without the testing, till I take it myself while pregnant. I want to see it match up with data on the effectivity actually passing on to the baby once born. Haven't seen it yet. If anyone has feel free to share

amother
Silver

Post Wed, Oct 28 2020, 8:16 pm
NO
I miscarried twice after I got the shot.

And then I found on CDC website that flu shot increases risk of miscarriage. My last pregnancy I did not get the flu shot thank god.

If you use a normal browser you can find all the uncensored info you need.

I know that correlation doesn't imply causation when vaccines are involved.
But it does for peanut allergy or for COVID deaths or for penicillin allergy or for anything else in life. just not vaccines heaven forbid.

I also want to point out that the flu vaccine is only 30-50% effective...per the CDC.

And finally, a study done in the military showed that those who got the flu shot were much more likely to die of COVID complications.
I am not against vaccines (fully vaccinated bh) just against the flu vaccine which is being pushed so heavily for no good reason.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Oct 28 2020, 8:19 pm
motherhoodbH wrote:
Not sure why they claim flu season will be bad or why its needed this year.
If masks and social distancing work, they don't only work for covid. They should work for the flu as well.
Also, it says straight out in the package of the flu vaccine that it has never been tested on pregnant women.
They only started recommending it for pregnancy out of the blue a few years ago.
I'm waiting until I see data on why, without the testing, till I take it myself while pregnant. I want to see it match up with data on the effectivity actually passing on to the baby once born. Haven't seen it yet. If anyone has feel free to share

Passing it into a newborn? No. One of my babies went into tamiflu at 2 weeks old for prevention cuz I had 2 kids home with the flu. If the vaccine would pass onto my baby pediatrician wouldn't have given him tamiflu.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Oct 28 2020, 8:22 pm
amother [ Silver ] wrote:

And finally, a study done in the military showed that those who got the flu shot were much more likely to die of COVID complications.
I am not against vaccines (fully vaccinated bh) just against the flu vaccine which is being pushed so heavily for no good reason.

I read this on more than one site. That's why I'm so scared. I'm think for now I'll just skip it. Maybe I'll change my mind as time goes on.

amother
Silver

Post Wed, Oct 28 2020, 8:42 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Passing it into a newborn? No. One of my babies went into tamiflu at 2 weeks old for prevention cuz I had 2 kids home with the flu. If the vaccine would pass onto my baby pediatrician wouldn't have given him tamiflu.

And I would suggest you read up on tamiflu. Like why it was patented and released.
Its not candy and it should only be used in severe cases.

One thing I learned is that the American education system (think common core etc) is meant to produce humans who don't think for themselves. The minute you start *thinking* your mind explodes

amother
Slateblue

Post Wed, Oct 28 2020, 9:22 pm
No
Vaccinations are Category B and C drugs which are not tested on a fetus and may harm the fetus. For the chance that you may not get the flu, is that worth the risk? Highly improbable to die from the flu or even get a serious case, even if it is a bit more risky when PG. Every single shot has risks, unfortunately it is being covered up by Big Pharma and CDC and therefore we all think they are totally safe. No way would I ever get a shot when PG again. Your fetus is in a vulnerable stage, where the brain and body are developing. Ask your dr if there have been double blind studies on the flu shot on PG women.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Oct 28 2020, 9:24 pm
amother [ Slateblue ] wrote:
No
Vaccinations are Category B and C drugs which are not tested on a fetus and may harm the fetus. For the chance that you may not get the flu, is that worth the risk? Every single shot has risks, unfortunately it is being covered up by Big Pharma and CDC and therefore we all think they are totally safe. No way would I ever get a shot when PG again. Your fetus is in a vulnerable stage, where the brain and body are developing.

What abt the Dtap shot? Last time I took it, but after reading this I'm not so sure I wanna do this time.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Oct 28 2020, 9:26 pm
amother [ Silver ] wrote:
And I would suggest you read up on tamiflu. Like why it was patented and released.
Its not candy and it should only be used in severe cases.

One thing I learned is that the American education system (think common core etc) is meant to produce humans who don't think for themselves. The minute you start *thinking* your mind explodes

You're right. But my choice was either to give tamiflu or risking my baby to maybe land in the ICU.- I know somebody who it happened to. The flu was going around and her 3 week old landed in the ICU when he got the flu. This was the choice I had to make. I would make the same decision again if I had too.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Wed, Oct 28 2020, 9:40 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
What abt the Dtap shot? Last time I took it, but after reading this I'm not so sure I wanna do this time.

I didn’t take it because it’s a new thing. By my older children there was no such thing. Sometimes over the years with SIF it’s now an important thing. It’s less than a decade old to push it in pregnancy and in my opinion not necessary.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics