Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs -> Tehillim Needed
Responsibility to notify of covid exposure
1  2  3  4  Next

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 22 2020, 7:55 am
About 10 days ago I went to have a manicure at a friend's house. This is her business and I have been going for years. Fyi she is married with teenage kids.

That night she came down with Covid, and was pretty sick. I only found out because I texted her, that I wanted to drop something off at her house. She then mentioned she was in bed with fever (no mention of Covid). I asked a day later(full week after my manicure) whether she has covid, and then she told me she tested positive. I had planned to visit my elderly father and needed to know as any exposure for him is dangerous.

In the past week I have been to work, shopping and all around town, when I should have quarantined. I am quarantining now for the remaining time.

I am sending this out to let everyone know how urgent it is to notify everyone immediately if you have covid as there could be serious ramifications to many people. To date I do not have symptoms and hopefully won't but I am quite upset as remaining silent is highly irresponsible.

notshanarishona

Post Sun, Nov 22 2020, 8:26 am
For whatever reason many are choosing not to notify people when they are positive, maybe a lot of people would rather not know. Also to be dan lekaf zechus, when someone gets sick suddenly and has all their kids home, life is hard! They have a lot on their mind.

amother
Chocolate

Post Sun, Nov 22 2020, 8:30 am
It’s possible that she figured most people in the area already had it and have antibodies already.

amother
Gray

Post Sun, Nov 22 2020, 8:30 am
At this point, 8 months in there is exposure everywhere. We are all going to stores, errands, kids are in school.
There is no way to avoid exposure and have a chain of 30'people quarantining for one case. Your father should be very careful and you should wear a mask but I dont think its realistic to notify people like in the days of March and April

Chloe22

Post Sun, Nov 22 2020, 8:34 am
I think that you should have been notified so that you could be tested.

Simple1

Post Sun, Nov 22 2020, 8:34 am
How long did the manicure take? Was it under 15 minutes? If so you may not need to quarantine. Were you both masked?

Last edited by Simple1 on Sun, Nov 22 2020, 8:37 am; edited 1 time in total

amother
Gold

Post Sun, Nov 22 2020, 8:36 am
This actually was angering me for last week. But I tried to keep my mouth closed.
Close family friend was sick with her husband and still send her kids to school. Then when situation got more serious parents decide to test for Covid and it’s positive. Instead of notifying the school and me ( I carpool her child a week prior) they decided they will try to hide it. Their child who is friends with mine was lying his teeth out to my child. At the end he told school that he is neg for Covid while his father was asked by my dh and he admitted it is Covid. The child is back in school a week later. Lots of kids got sick including my family.

amother
Linen

Post Sun, Nov 22 2020, 8:39 am
amother [ Gold ] wrote:
This actually was angering me for last week. But I tried to keep my mouth closed.
Close family friend was sick with her husband and still send her kids to school. Then when situation got more serious parents decide to test for Covid and it’s positive. Instead of notifying the school and me ( I carpool her child a week prior) they decided they will try to hide it. Their child who is friends with mine was lying his teeth out to my child. At the end he told school that he is neg for Covid while his father was asked by my dh and he admitted it is Covid. The child is back in school a week later. Lots of kids got sick including my family.

Does your city start with Cle? Same thing happened over here. So sad to think it’s happening in multiple places.See my sick at home thread.

amother
Tan

Post Sun, Nov 22 2020, 8:58 am
amother [ Linen ] wrote:
Does your city start with Cle? Same thing happened over here. So sad to think it’s happening in multiple places.See my sick at home thread.

Really??!!!
That happened in Cle!?
I thought the mjr spread was from a uh kollel

amother
Oak

Post Sun, Nov 22 2020, 9:06 am
Reminds me of when my brother had a friend over on shabbos a few weeks ago and failed to mention his mom had gotten tested on friday. Turns out she was positive and friend ended up also being positive. Being that he was in the house and friend was not wearing a maskparent' the whole time my entire parents family had to quarratine for 2 weeks.

If you or someone you live with is getting tested - please let people know.

My parents would have told friend not to come in.

amother
Linen

Post Sun, Nov 22 2020, 9:06 am
amother [ Tan ] wrote:
Really??!!!
That happened in Cle!?
I thought the mjr spread was from a uh kollel

Deleted. Its not for the whole world to know.

flowerpower

Post Sun, Nov 22 2020, 9:08 am
I came here to say tehillim. What’s the name?

pause

Post Sun, Nov 22 2020, 9:13 am
amother [ Linen ] wrote:

I can't imagine which city you're talking about...

professor

Post Sun, Nov 22 2020, 10:41 am
pause wrote:
I can't imagine which city you're talking about...

LOL

amother
Ivory

Post Sun, Nov 22 2020, 10:55 am
Dh walked to shul on succos. He met up with someone and they walked together.

A month later they met up again. The guy apologized for giving dh covid. Dh nor anyone in my family bh got sick. It seems that less than 24 hours after walking with dh, this gentleman got really sick. Yet, he chose not to notify anyone he had close contact with

Teomima

Post Sun, Nov 22 2020, 11:01 am
amother [ Gray ] wrote:
At this point, 8 months in there is exposure everywhere. We are all going to stores, errands, kids are in school.
There is no way to avoid exposure and have a chain of 30'people quarantining for one case. Your father should be very careful and you should wear a mask but I dont think its realistic to notify people like in the days of March and April

All due respect to you, but it's people who think like you do that absolutely terrify me. Who are you to decide how I choose to react if I am exposed? Who are you to decide that it's okay to risk the lives of my elderly parents, who I only visited to drop off essential supplies and because I thought I hadn't been exposed to anyone diagnosed positive?

You don't get to decide how someone else deals with being exposed. If they want to ignore it, fine. If they think they're covered because they've already been sick, fine. But it's not up to you or anyone to decide for someone else.

Please, everyone: If you test positive, TELL EVERYONE WHO HAS BEEN EXPOSED TO YOU. It could literally be a matter of life and death for them and their loved ones. Do you really want to bear that responsibility on your shoulders?

amother
Chocolate

Post Sun, Nov 22 2020, 11:04 am
I’m in a different position. Sometimes I don’t wear a mask and I’m not social distancing anymore. People judge me but I had corona in April and I have antibodies so I’m not being careful anymore.

amother
Copper

Post Sun, Nov 22 2020, 11:07 am
People are embarrassed, so if they don't notify you, they can pretend that everything's fine. And if you get COVID, hopefully you will assume it was a different source and not hold them responsible. It is selfish and inconsiderate. But most people really only care about themselves.

Btw, the poster above who wrote that maybe she assumed you have antibodies and that's why she felt no need to tell you is either the sweetest most DLZ person in the world, or full of malarkey and makes up excuses to shirk responsibility.

amother
Khaki

Post Sun, Nov 22 2020, 11:16 am
OP why don’t you get tested instead of quarantining?

amother
Oak

Post Sun, Nov 22 2020, 11:16 am
Was it at HAC or YDH in CLE?
Page 1 of 4 1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs -> Tehillim Needed