Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
Your unpopular opinions here!
  Previous  1  2  3  4 12  13  14  Next

Einikel

Post Sun, Dec 13 2020, 12:58 am
Most dry clean only clothes can be safely washed in the wash machine

moonstone

Post Sun, Dec 13 2020, 1:27 am
People shouldn't have more children than they can afford.

sushilover

Post Sun, Dec 13 2020, 2:37 am
Nail polish is unattractive as are most lipstick colors. I dont want to see

chanatron1000

Post Sun, Dec 13 2020, 3:22 am
Having slippery nails is fun and is a reason to wear nail polish.

FranticFrummie

Post Sun, Dec 13 2020, 3:46 am
Other people's gender expression, zexual orientation, or relationships is NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS.

If they are touching you inappropriately, it is wrong no matter if they are heterozexual, LGBTQ+, your BFF, or a Martian. It's the behavior that is problematic, not the person.

I'd rather hang out with a gay or trans Buddhist with good middos, than a straight Jewish person with bad middos ANY DAY OF THE WEEK.

What's worse? Struggling with body dysmorphia, or being mechallel Shabbos on purpose?

Both people are hurting deeply inside and deserve love. Grow some empathy!

DrMom

Post Sun, Dec 13 2020, 3:50 am
Most women's looks are enhanced more by the healthy glow of fresh air and exercise and proper nutrition than by make-up.

Success10

Post Sun, Dec 13 2020, 4:27 am
Harry was really better suited to Hermione.

sushilover

Post Sun, Dec 13 2020, 8:48 am
Success10 wrote:
Harry was really better suited to Hermione.

If you are referring to the movie then I agree.

Book Hermione was clever, diligent, and compassionate, but she also lacked an understanding of social nuances, lacked self confidence, and was overly serious.
Movie Hermione was clever, perfect, and bad-*** and was given some of Ron's best lines.

Book Ron was funny, smart, and loyal. He bickered with Hermione, but would jump to her defense if anyone else dared to.
Movie Ron was a cowardly, dumb, self obsessed, and disloyal. (In the book he yelled at Snape for calling Hermione a show off. In the movie he agreed with him!)

Book Harry clearly enjoyed Ron's company over Hermione's. When Hermione wasn't around, he missed her. When Ron wasn't around, he was miserable.
Movie Harry had all his sweet moments with Hermione.

Book Ginny was awesome- the cool, popular, talented girl who befriended the school outcasts.
Movie Ginny tied Harry's shoe.

monkeymamma

Post Sun, Dec 13 2020, 11:03 am
corolla wrote:
I prefer flat Coca Cola to carbonated!

Unfortunately, Coca Cola tested positive for covid19 and has been cancelled. Can 2020 get any stranger? https://www.israelnationalnews.....92952

suremom

Post Sun, Dec 13 2020, 12:02 pm
Every child brings along hashpa'os for the entire family. He/she will get exactly what they need current monetary situation notwithstanding. Money should not be a deciding factor when having kids.

hodeez

Post Sun, Dec 13 2020, 12:09 pm
I don't think divorce is the answer if there is no abuse or medical issues....especially if there are kids involved!

realsilver

Post Sun, Dec 13 2020, 2:34 pm
monkeymamma wrote:
Unfortunately, Coca Cola tested positive for covid19 and has been cancelled. Can 2020 get any stranger? https://www.israelnationalnews.....92952

Huh?

(I can’t open the link, can you explain?)

honey36

Post Sun, Dec 13 2020, 2:44 pm
Warm home cooked food is sometimes worse than cold food with no cooking involved.

E.g. 1. white pasta with processed cheese is worse than whole grain, low sugar cereal with milk
2. Hot dogs in white buns are worse than tuna with whole wheat crackers
3. Pizza is worse than peanut butter sandwiches on whole wheat bread

For some reason a lot of people consider the former acceptable suppers, but the latter not.

Also why is a yogurt with 25grams of sugar considered to be meal food for kids? In my house, those yogurts are major treats, like the same as ice cream. But I see parents giving it to their kids for breakfast, lunch or dinner.

Einikel

Post Sun, Dec 13 2020, 2:46 pm
realsilver wrote:
Huh?

(I can’t open the link, can you explain?)

MainAll NewsEuropeLive PCR test in Parliament: Coca Cola tests COVID-19 positive

Austria:
Live PCR test in Parliament: Coca Cola tests COVID-19 positive
Austrian MP administers COVID-19 PCR test to beverage Coca Cola in plenum before colleagues. Popular drink tests positive for COVID-19.
Tags: Trending Coronavirus Austria
Arutz Sheva Staff , Dec 12 , 2020 7:22 PM

Austrian FPÖ Member of Parliament Michael Schnedlitz administered a COVID-19 PCR test to the beverage Coca Cola in the plenum before his colleagues. The popular drink tested positive for the COVID-19 coronavirus.

He said he was performing the test live before parliament: "so you can see how worthless and misguided these mass tests are."

He continued: "The evidence is overwhelming, starting with the absolutely absurd mass tests that are currently being carried out, which are nothing more than a large-scale redistribution of tens of millions of euros in tax money from the population...it can't go on like this."

Schnedlitz later wrote on his Facebook page: “The coronavirus mass tests are worthless! This was also shown by a simple experiment in parliament, in which cola got a positive result! But this government spends tens of millions in taxpayers' money for precisely these tests."

It is recommended not to drink acidic beverages like cola an hour before this test, which some have suggested could possibly explain how he had the courage to take such a gamble. The liquids that keep the pH value constant in a certain range are called buffers. They say that is exactly what the FPÖ politician avoided. That is why the acids contained in the cola reacted with the antibody that is actually supposed to catch the virus proteins.

The Welt quoted a Dialab company manager who produces the test used by the MP: “Any pregnancy test would have been positive. Before the honorable Member makes such embarrassing statements public, it might make sense to deal with the chemistry just a little beforehand.”

Remaining cola in the mouth would not have this effect, the buffer prevents that. However, if a sample is taken from the mouth, experts advise not to eat, drink, or smoke for an hour, mainly because the virus concentration in the mouth can drop if it is rinsed again beforehand. However, according to the package insert, the Dialab rapid test should be done with nose samples anyway, where Coca Cola isn't.

In May, Tanzania suspended the head of its national health laboratory in charge of testing coronavirus and ordered an investigation, after President John Magufuli questioned the tests’ accuracy.

Magufuli said the imported test kits were faulty as they had returned positive results on a goat and a pawpaw fruit — among several non-human samples submitted for testing, with technicians left deliberately unaware of their origins.

chanatron1000

Post Sun, Dec 13 2020, 4:26 pm
Undereye circles add character to a face and make it prettier as a whole, to the extent that it would make more sense to draw them on than to conceal them.

Redbird

Post Sun, Dec 13 2020, 4:38 pm
sushilover wrote:
Nail polish is unattractive as are most lipstick colors. I dont want to see

I agree with the lipstick part.

NotInNJMommy

Post Sun, Dec 13 2020, 4:41 pm
The best seltzer is plain and room temperature.

LovesHashem

Post Sun, Dec 13 2020, 4:47 pm
I love rainy days.

rainbow dash

Post Sun, Dec 13 2020, 7:35 pm
sushilover wrote:
If you are referring to the movie then I agree.

Book Hermione was clever, diligent, and compassionate, but she also lacked an understanding of social nuances, lacked self confidence, and was overly serious.
Movie Hermione was clever, perfect, and bad-*** and was given some of Ron's best lines.

Book Ron was funny, smart, and loyal. He bickered with Hermione, but would jump to her defense if anyone else dared to.
Movie Ron was a cowardly, dumb, self obsessed, and disloyal. (In the book he yelled at Snape for calling Hermione a show off. In the movie he agreed with him!)

Book Harry clearly enjoyed Ron's company over Hermione's. When Hermione wasn't around, he missed her. When Ron wasn't around, he was miserable.
Movie Harry had all his sweet moments with Hermione.

Book Ginny was awesome- the cool, popular, talented girl who befriended the school outcasts.
Movie Ginny tied Harry's shoe.

Wow, I didn't read the books so I had no idea the personalities were different. Thanks

FranticFrummie

Post Sun, Dec 13 2020, 7:44 pm
Dr. Brown's Cel-Ray soda is delicious.

Who would have thought that a soda flavored with celery would be a good idea? It's genius!

(It's too sweet for me though, so I mix it half and half with plan seltzer.)
Page 3 of 14   Previous  1  2  3  4 12  13  14  Next Recent Topics