Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
I was tested and passed but wondering why…

amother
OP

Post Sun, Oct 17 2021, 5:20 pm
I posted in one of the threads last week that one of my accounts had $0.00 in it and the other had $25.00….
Today I check my bank account and one of the accounts had a few thousand dollars in it. I checked where it came from and saw that a company my husband used to work for had put the money in….obviously it was done in error and we called up the guy right away but really….it would’ve been so easy for us to not say anything! And we can definitely use it! We never would have of course but it was definitely tempting! Just wondering why HaShem would ‘tease’ us this way. I know no one can answer that but….

amother
NeonPink

Post Sun, Oct 17 2021, 5:28 pm
We all get tested at one point or another. Obviously to different extents. If my dh would just not give Ma'aser then I would have been able to buy a new sheitel this year.

amother
Beige

Post Sun, Oct 17 2021, 5:30 pm
Maybe Hashem was giving you an opportunity to do a huge Kiddush Hashem and that is worth so much more than $$ Smile

amother
Navyblue

Post Sun, Oct 17 2021, 5:35 pm
I once made a withdrawal from an ATM and there was 1000 extra dollars in my acct. I called right away and it was a mistake, but if I had tried to keep that money they could have come after me when the mistake was discovered.

amother
Cadetblue

Post Sun, Oct 17 2021, 6:09 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I posted in one of the threads last week that one of my accounts had $0.00 in it and the other had $25.00….
Today I check my bank account and one of the accounts had a few thousand dollars in it. I checked where it came from and saw that a company my husband used to work for had put the money in….obviously it was done in error and we called up the guy right away but really….it would’ve been so easy for us to not say anything! And we can definitely use it! We never would have of course but it was definitely tempting! Just wondering why HaShem would ‘tease’ us this way. I know no one can answer that but….

The problem we have is that we grow up learning that hashem is a reasonable rationale gd and that things should make some sense. As an adult, I realize that none of this is really true. We don't understand hashem or anything he does. Do you know why he brought Covid? Why some died and others didn't? Why some people are healthy and others sick? The list is endless. So in your case, no, we don't know why hashem would put money into your account in error when you are struggling.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics