Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Did this also happen to you?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jul 30 2023, 4:22 pm
I have Geico car insurance. My 6month premium went from $1500 (for 2 vehicles) to $3600. We did not have any recent car accidents, new drivers, or tickets. Why did my insurance rate more than double?

amother
Hyssop

Post Sun, Jul 30 2023, 4:32 pm
Call them or switch insurance.

amother
Teal

Post Sun, Jul 30 2023, 4:36 pm
Geico is a very expensive company. Get different quotes

amother
NeonOrange

Post Sun, Jul 30 2023, 4:39 pm
Not in Lakewood but my car insurance went up several hundred and that is WITH good driver discounts etc.
It has to do with crime, car thefts, car break ins, and accident rates in the area you live in. Also some state laws may increase your rates. Mine did when they decided to go to no bail necessary and crime went up. (Of course statistics won't show it because when people report the cops don't come, they don't investigate, they don't do a thing... so then people stop reporting. But on local whatsapp groups we have had a major increase in local crimes reported, people asking for ring camera video recordings of crimes etc. Someone broke into a neighboring apartment
Building's garage and the cops saw the video but said "maybe they were running from someone". But then broke into multiple cars, damaged property... ).

amother
Seashell

Post Mon, Jul 31 2023, 2:34 am
amother OP wrote:
I have Geico car insurance. My 6month premium went from $1500 (for 2 vehicles) to $3600. We did not have any recent car accidents, new drivers, or tickets. Why did my insurance rate more than double?

OMG! I just had same thing. Almost tripled suddenly. Went from about $1,300 to $4,300 help!!

notshanarishona

Post Mon, Jul 31 2023, 2:47 am
Geico is known for very cheap introductory rates (that then double or triple)

amother
Seashell

Post Mon, Jul 31 2023, 3:08 am
notshanarishona wrote:
Geico is known for very cheap introductory rates (that then double or triple)

No lol we've been with them for close to 20 years. Maybe goes up 2% a year not 200%

amother
Seafoam

Post Mon, Jul 31 2023, 3:27 am
We had the same crazy increase! We switched to another company, our broker did it for us

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Mon, Jul 31 2023, 3:30 am
Every year we check for best prices and we do often switch companies. Sometimes we will go back to the original insurer and tell them we got this quote, and see if they're willing to match it.

amother
Electricblue

Post Mon, Jul 31 2023, 3:34 am
What's good to switch to?
Is there a difference new york.?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries