Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training
She is soo stubborn!
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Sat, Feb 03 2024, 7:27 pm
Is she just not ready yet? She's already 3. I got her her favorite Minnie mouse potty. Still no interest. Got a different potty she still doesn't want it. No candy's, books or bribes work.
Is she still too little? Should I continue to baby her and let her make in her diaper?

Lovable

Post Sat, Feb 03 2024, 7:31 pm
If anything, 3 is big, not little
Unless there are special circumstances here

amother
Cyclamen

Post Sat, Feb 03 2024, 7:46 pm
I don’t bother before they’re ready. Your readiness doesn’t matter here. Yes my almost 3.5 year old is in diapers. No I don’t care.

amother
OP

Post Sat, Feb 03 2024, 7:46 pm
I meant should I push her or she is not ready yet?

Lovable

Post Sat, Feb 03 2024, 7:51 pm
Sometimes I wonder how many imas are conveniently replacing the 'I don't have patience' with 'my child is not ready yet'.
Come on
3 years old is more than ready. Maybe they're not super excited about it, but guess what, my three year old isn't super excited about bedtime either. Or a carrot instead of a lollipop.
A three year old can understand and be taught to use the bathroom. The same way a 6 month old can be sleeptrained

amother
OP

Post Sat, Feb 03 2024, 7:52 pm
There's only so much I can force though. She literally pinches me every time I put her on and gets right back up

amother
Cyclamen

Post Sat, Feb 03 2024, 7:54 pm
Lovable wrote:
Sometimes I wonder how many imas are conveniently replacing the 'I don't have patience' with 'my child is not ready yet'.
Come on
3 years old is more than ready. Maybe they're not super excited about it, but guess what, my three year old isn't super excited about bedtime either. Or a carrot instead of a lollipop.
A three year old can understand and be taught to use the bathroom. The same way a 6 month old can be sleeptrained

And my experience is when they’re ready you don’t need patience.

amother
Cyclamen

Post Sat, Feb 03 2024, 7:54 pm
amother OP wrote:
I meant should I push her or she is not ready yet?

Why wound you push her? Sorry that’s not my thing at all

Lovable

Post Sat, Feb 03 2024, 7:57 pm
amother Cyclamen wrote:
And my experience is when they’re ready you don’t need patience.

And when a child is ready for sleep themselves you don't either need patience
Parenting requires patience
Every step of the way

amother
Royalblue

Post Sat, Feb 03 2024, 8:00 pm
Try with no bottoms at all for 3 days. Let her go on the potty herself don’t say anything except it’s there when you need it. If it doesn’t work then she’s not ready yet. This method usually works.

amother
Cyclamen

Post Sat, Feb 03 2024, 8:01 pm
Lovable wrote:
And when a child is ready for sleep themselves you don't either need patience
Parenting requires patience
Every step of the way

I don’t see the equivalence of sleep and toilet training. Healthy sleep habits positively impact the baby and the rest of the family. Toilet training only impacts the Amazon bill so as to not need diapers

Not to mention: lots and lots of families don’t sleep train. I don’t call them lazy. If poor sleep works for them, then that’s great. My 3 year old in diapers is not negatively impacting himself or any of us.

amother
Oldlace

Post Sat, Feb 03 2024, 8:02 pm
I’m not saying this is a good idea but what if you just put her in underwear and let her figure out on her own that if she doesn’t go to the toilet she’ll have an accident and get wet/dirty

Lovable

Post Sat, Feb 03 2024, 8:03 pm
amother Cyclamen wrote:
I don’t see the equivalence of sleep and toilet training. Healthy sleep habits positively impact the baby and the rest of the family. Toilet training only impacts the Amazon bill so as to not need diapers

Not to mention: lots and lots of families don’t sleep train. I don’t call them lazy. If poor sleep works for them, then that’s great. My 3 year old in diapers is not negatively impacting himself or any of us.

Because of the bolded comment I will not even attempt to explain myself Rolling Eyes

amother
Royalblue

Post Sat, Feb 03 2024, 8:04 pm
amother Cyclamen wrote:

Parenting is about hard work. Kind of feels like a cop out. But you do you.

amother
Cyclamen

Post Sat, Feb 03 2024, 8:06 pm
Lovable wrote:
Because of the bolded comment I will not even attempt to explain myself Rolling Eyes

I’m pretty sure I was insulted here. Wow. I can’t see why. I didn’t say anything rude or offensive to you. Why the low blow?

amother
Caramel

Post Sat, Feb 03 2024, 8:06 pm
Lovable wrote:
Come on

I don't agree at all with this. My kids are all trained at 3 or later. One closer to 4. They were not ready before. When they were ready, it took me one day to train them. I literally just told them no more diapers. Had one accident and were good. They trained at night at the same time. When you try to early it sometimes doesn't work and you end up dealing with it for months.

I would rather change diapers than deal with accidents for months.

My daughter turned three today and I do.plan on training her in the next few weeks, but she is soooo ready and sits every day on the toilet already a few times but only made twice so far. At the end of the day they all train at some point.

Op, I would wait till she is ready.

amother
OP

Post Sat, Feb 03 2024, 8:14 pm
amother Royalblue wrote:
Try with no bottoms at all for 3 days. Let her go on the potty herself don’t say anything except it’s there when you need it. If it doesn’t work then she’s not ready yet. This method usually works.

I tried no bottoms for 2 weeks already. She just pishes on the floor. Tells me she'll make on the potty next time. Then she gets upset that her legs got wet

amother
Caramel

Post Sat, Feb 03 2024, 8:16 pm
amother OP wrote:
I tried no bottoms for 2 weeks already. She just pishes on the floor. Tells me she'll make on the potty next time. Then she gets upset that her legs got wet

She's not ready. Put her back in diapers. Don't make a fuss over it. Try again in a few months. It's not worth it if she isn't ready. You will be dealing with it for months and so stressed.

amother
Grape

Post Sat, Feb 03 2024, 8:34 pm
amother OP wrote:
There's only so much I can force though. She literally pinches me every time I put her on and gets right back up

Don't put her on the toilet. Just put her in underwear & that's it. On the first day, she probably won't go in the toilet at all & every time she wets her pants, you say "this has to go in the toilet, we pee in the toilet". The 2nd day, she may or may not go on the toilet & by day 3, she'd hopefully start getting it. This method worked wonderfully for all my kids.

amother
Grape

Post Sat, Feb 03 2024, 8:35 pm
amother OP wrote:

You either missed the boat or she's just not ready yet. But the older they get, the harder it becomes.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training