Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
SM charging pick up fee?
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Thu, Mar 07 2024, 7:36 pm
Is this normal? My friend had a SM do color work on her fall. The work was $100 and she said she charges $35 to pick up a fall. This was not a pick up that included her trying it on. Just literally to pick it up. What’s that charge for? And is that normal?

amother
Jean

Post Thu, Mar 07 2024, 7:38 pm
Who is picking it up, the sm or the client? I've never heard of charging a fee for the client to pick it up without doing additional work.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Mar 07 2024, 7:38 pm
amother Jean wrote:
Who is picking it up, the sm or the client? I've never heard of charging a fee for the client to pick it up without doing additional work.

The client! She’s literally picking up the wig from the SM after they colored and she’s already paying $100 for that work.

Bleemee

Post Thu, Mar 07 2024, 7:39 pm
Can you clarify what the fee is for?
If the shaitel macher would do the work and keep the wig forever then there’s no additional fee but if the client gets the wig there’s a fee?
Is it for trying it on in the chair?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Mar 07 2024, 7:41 pm
Bleemee wrote:
Can you clarify what the fee is for?
If the shaitel macher would do the work and keep the wig forever then there’s no additional fee but if the client gets the wig there’s a fee?
Is it for trying it on in the chair?

the first option. She didn’t sit and try it on. Just literally picked it up.

Eselle13

Post Thu, Mar 07 2024, 7:43 pm
Was it set after it was colored?
I imagine it was washed and blown or ironed.

That's probably what the fee is for

amother
NeonOrange

Post Thu, Mar 07 2024, 7:43 pm
Did she style it after coloring? Perhaps that’s the $35 fee?

Bleemee

Post Thu, Mar 07 2024, 7:45 pm
Eselle13 wrote:
Was it set after it was colored?
I imagine it was washed and blown or ironed.

That's probably what the fee is for

That makes sense.

amother
Pink

Post Thu, Mar 07 2024, 7:49 pm
Does " pickup" perhaps mean delivery service, as in the SM picks up & then brings back to you? Some do that.

MiracleMama

Post Thu, Mar 07 2024, 7:49 pm
I understand a pick up fee if SM comes to her house to pick up and/ or then delivers finished product. But charging a customer to pick something up? There has to be a misunderstanding here. Must be this fee is something else, like wash and set.

MommyM

Post Thu, Mar 07 2024, 7:52 pm
It sounds like it might have been washed and set after the work was done, and that's what the $35 fee is for.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Mar 07 2024, 8:05 pm
amother Pink wrote:
Does " pickup" perhaps mean delivery service, as in the SM picks up & then brings back to you? Some do that.

Nope not delivering it to the client. She had to pick it up.

Finding out from my friend if there was a wash and set done after and if that’s what she meant.

amother
Almond

Post Thu, Mar 07 2024, 8:33 pm
Did the SM call it a pick up fee?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Mar 07 2024, 8:42 pm
amother Almond wrote:
Did the SM call it a pick up fee?

Yes she was giving her a break down of the costs for rooting, toner etc and then said it’s a $35 pick up fee for a fall.

My friend said she did style it. You think she just was calling it a pick up fee instead of a styling fee?

chestnut

Post Thu, Mar 07 2024, 8:44 pm
amother OP wrote:
Yes she was giving her a break down of the costs for rooting, toner etc and then said it’s a $35 pick up fee for a fall.

My friend said she did style it. You think she just was calling it a pick up fee instead of a styling fee?

Probably. Best to double check it with her.

amother
Magnolia

Post Thu, Mar 07 2024, 8:51 pm
Maybe she meant a "pick me up" fee? As in a easy, basic setting? That's the only thing I can come up with wondering

Bleemee

Post Thu, Mar 07 2024, 9:20 pm
amother OP wrote:

Yes.

amother
Almond

Post Thu, Mar 07 2024, 9:34 pm
amother OP wrote:

Anytime I’ve gotten a wig colored, they styled it as well and I had to pay for that separately. It’s odd to call it a pick up fee but that’s probably what it was.

ETA it’s possible her “pickup fee” is what she calls a reduced “wash and set” fee for when she styles a wig but the client doesn’t make an appointment.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Mar 07 2024, 10:18 pm
amother Almond wrote:
Anytime I’ve gotten a wig colored, they styled it as well and I had to pay for that separately. It’s odd to call it a pick up fee but that’s probably what it was.

ETA it’s possible her “pickup fee” is what she calls a reduced “wash and set” fee for when she styles a wig but the client doesn’t make an appointment.

Oh I guess that makes sense. Thanks for solving the mystery!

Bleemee

Post Thu, Mar 07 2024, 10:39 pm
She probably has a separate “sitting fee” where she charges more if someone sits in the chair and has the setting adjusted.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels