Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Cleveland?

amother

Post Wed, Feb 18 2009, 3:39 pm
Hi, can anyone give me the inside track on the frum olam in Cleveland? Schools, shuls, etc.?

Currently kids are in bais yaakov and yeshivsh cheder locally.

Never been to Cleveland, but interested in relocating for job reasons. Thanks!

Chani

Post Wed, Feb 18 2009, 4:30 pm
Two main neighborhoods: Cleveland Heights fairly uniformly yeshivish, houses are a little older and less expensive.

Other area is University Heights / Beachwood - more of a mix of people from MO to yeshivish, also a big range in houses. Personally, if you have younger children and are yeshivish I'd stick with either Cleveland Heights or the University Heights streets rather than Beachwood. (Not that there aren't great kids and blocks in Beachwood, but the critical mass is more in the two Heights areas.). I've lived in both CH and UH and liked both for different reasons. I like the diversity of the frum community in UH - on my block alone there's a chassidic family and an ultra modern orthodox FFB family (and the two husbands have a chavrusa together), and the 7 families belong to at least 5 different shuls, yet we're all close and do a lot of socializing together.

Very few people not actually affiliated with Telshe live by it.

Schools - 3 schools. Mizrachi is modern. Mosdos is a yeshivish cheder. Hebrew Academy has more of a mix of families - majority yeshivish / just plain frum but also some MO. Definitely Hebrew Academy is yeshivish hashkafa although perhaps a little to the left of Mosdos (which has a no internet no tv policy). I've had kids at both schools and they each have their strong points and drawbacks. PM me if you need more info. And of course, for big boys there's Telshe.

There's a handful of restaurants, butchers, bakeries, etc. - about what you'd expect for a community this size. Cost of living is low, which is nice.

Anyhow, PM me if you have more questions.

amother

Post Wed, Feb 18 2009, 4:59 pm
Thank you, this is super helpful. I will be in touch if/when things move from possible to actual.

greenfire

Post Wed, Feb 18 2009, 7:59 pm
it sucks unless you fit it Twisted Evil
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating