Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Whats ur take on Vaccines?!
  Previous  1  2  3  10  11  12

Do you vaccinate?
Absolutely not, only does harm  
 8%  [ 8 ]
of course! it prevents disease  
 91%  [ 85 ]
Total Votes : 93

EmesOrNT

Post Sat, Dec 10 2011, 7:07 pm
so…. about the article in the ami….

Ruchel

Post Sat, Dec 10 2011, 7:42 pm
Various methods for various people. It can be surprising.

My hypothyroidy was cured by natural ways while regular pill did nothing. But my colds degenerate most of the time if I dont take antibios. People are wired differently, with diff weaknesses and strengths and pain tolerance.

EmesOrNT

Post Sun, Dec 11 2011, 1:22 am
the article wasn't talking about antibiotics, it was talking about vaccines. Against diseases a lot worse than the common cold and hypothyroidism.

Culturedpearls

Post Sun, Dec 11 2011, 3:50 am
emesornt wrote:
If you want to be irresponsible, fine. But don't do it at other people's expense. And for gds sake, keep your kids far away from mine.

And mine! Why do some people think they are so smart or know better than those who are professionals?
Every vaccine goes through years & years of testing . Have you witnessed a child die from chicken pox? Have you seen a severely disabled child due to meningitis ?
Have you experienced whopping cough? I have & it's not pretty.
My son got a mild form of mumps because some kids were not immunized . B"H it was mild but what if it wasn't & he was rendered infertile all because of some stupid people who think they know better. Yeah it's a free world but if you don't immunize lock your kids up at home so that they don't make my kids sick or others who genuinely can't be vaccinated .

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Sun, Dec 11 2011, 10:10 am
Culturedpearls wrote:

Every vaccine goes through years & years of testing .
Absolutely false.

HindaRochel

Post Sun, Dec 11 2011, 10:26 am
http://health.howstuffworks.co.....4.htm

Vaccine testing procedures.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Sun, Dec 11 2011, 10:46 am
I stand by what I said.

Take a look at this for example:
http://www.who.int/csr/disease......html

What you linked to is a very simplistic, broad theoretical article that does not touch on every vaccine. It is absolutely false to say that every vaccine goes through years and years of testing.

I have a lot more to argue on that post, incidentally, but don't have the energy.

HindaRochel

Post Sun, Dec 11 2011, 11:12 am
The methodology of producing these vaccines has already been vigorously tested. The new strain requires not a new vaccines in toto, but a new strain of that vaccines that meets the criterion of possible pandemic. I'm not sure how that is identified.

So yes, in terms of each new strain, the timeline is short, but the method to test and present has already been developed.

I wouldn't routinely vaccinate against flu as I rarely get it, just as I wouldn't routinely suggest mammograms for most women under 40 without a familial history of breast cancer. However, others should receive the vaccine. Much depends on one's work, living environment, overall health (including immune status) etc. etc. etc.

leomom

Post Mon, Dec 12 2011, 2:11 am
Vaccines (and other pharmaceuticals) have a tendency to be rushed to market and recalled once serious health consequences start cropping up.

Anyone who doesn't already know this can google for examples.

Culturedpearls

Post Mon, Dec 12 2011, 3:00 am
Ok it's all a big pharmaceutical conspiracy, theres no need for vaccines they just destroy your immune system are unregulated & untested. We need to go back to the child mortality rate, polio rate etc of 100 years ago.
Oh & man never landed on the moon either that's also a conspiracy.
Vaccines have saved hundreds of thousand lives and prevented more disabilities. You want to stop vaccines? Immunize your children NOW & vaccines will become obsolete like smallpox.

Just for the record the chicken pox vaccine was tested & used in Japan 10 years before it hit the US market.

leomom

Post Mon, Dec 12 2011, 3:02 am
From the CDC:
Vaccine recalls

leomom

Post Mon, Dec 12 2011, 3:10 am
I can do the sarcastic hyperbole thing too... Smile

OK, big pharmaceutical companies are really altruistic and don't actually want to make any money. They just care about the health of your children. Vaccines are always 100% safe and effective and they never ever have side effects or unexpected negative health consequences, and they don't contain toxic ingredients like formaldehyde and aluminum, and yes, sometimes mercury. No one who has been vaccinated is capable of posing a health threat to others; they are absolutely free of germs and viruses and cannot carry or transmit them. We know everything about vaccines from our short history with them and we can trust that they are only good for each and every individual's immune system, both in the short and long term. Vaccines are the sole reason we have less disease today than in previous generations; improved sanitation, antibiotics, and other medical advances have nothing to do with it.

Oh and people who are vaccinated are the only people who care about good hygiene and responsible parenting.

Wink

Culturedpearls

Post Mon, Dec 12 2011, 3:14 am
yy wrote:
From the CDC:
Vaccine recalls

And so? Anyone die? Anyone permanently disabled?
This just proves how vigilant the companies are with vaccines.
Do your math, vaccines save lives hundreds & thousands. How many have been proven to be adversely affected or died? Not to vaccinate (unless there's a definite allergy or medical condition ) is plain selfish.

leomom

Post Mon, Dec 12 2011, 3:17 am
I'm officially out of patience for this topic! To answer your questions, please read all of the other threads about vaccines. Thank you and have a nice night! I'm finally going to sleep.

leomom

Post Mon, Dec 12 2011, 3:20 am
P.S. I posted the link to vaccine recalls, which is helpful but not what I meant to do. I was thinking not of recalls (mostly quality control issues) but of vaccines that were taken off the market. Two examples: Rotashield and Lymerix.

Laila tov.

gryp

Post Mon, Dec 12 2011, 9:17 am
With my last bit of patience, I'll put forth this: I don't know if it is more ironic or more tragic to question whether or not anyone was injured or died from recalled vaccines when kids are being injured or dying from non-recalled vaccines.

Dont know
Page 12 of 12   Previous  1  2  3  10  11  12 Recent Topics