Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Israelis born in chul

baba

Post Wed, Nov 30 2011, 9:45 am
We made aliya a few years back and then moved to chul.
Now I've had a baby. and I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do.
We're also planning on going to Israel soon.
Can we get things done there (like getting a pasport) or do we need to have that already before we go (obviously we have a pasport, just not an Israeli one).

Marion

Post Wed, Nov 30 2011, 10:41 am
If baby is an Israeli citizen then you need a passport before you come. (Well, you could let them give you a hassle at Ben Gurion, but is it worth it to you?)

baba

Post Wed, Nov 30 2011, 10:47 am
Thats what I thought.

The embassy isnt anywhere near us and would take a full day to take care of. We have an extremely busy schedule at the moment and wouldnt know when to go. Dh says they're not going to turn away a baby and then we'll just do it in Israel. I think it's too risky. How can you even show up at misrad hapnim with a baby if they dont even know he exists?!

DrMom

Post Thu, Dec 01 2011, 10:43 am
You should ask your local Israeli consulate what to do. If you have Israeli passports but your baby only has an American one, then you may have to stand on line at immigration twice.

Also, you may need to bring specific documentation (birth certificate for sure, maybe something else) in order to register your baby at the Misrad Hpanim. Make sure you know what to bring ahead of time.

grace413

Post Thu, Dec 01 2011, 11:24 am
Call the consulate/embassy closest to you and check if you can do it by mail. When I lived in the States I got my kids Israeli passports by sending the documents by mail and then they sent the passports by Fedex. (This was quite a while ago, but worth trying).

baba

Post Thu, Dec 01 2011, 11:58 am
Thanks everyone.
I'll call and hope we can do it by mail.

DrMom, we dont have to stand in 2 lines. One of us already doesnt have an israeli passport, and we can just stand in one line, together.

DrMom

Post Thu, Dec 01 2011, 12:03 pm
baba wrote:
Thanks everyone.
I'll call and hope we can do it by mail.

DrMom, we dont have to stand in 2 lines. One of us already doesnt have an israeli passport, and we can just stand in one line, together.

As far as I know, someone holding Israeli citizenship must enter Israeli with his Israeli passport, even if he also holds another passport from another country.

menucha

Post Mon, Dec 19 2011, 6:30 am
Maybe you found this out already. But, they will insist you bring the baby in. You can not just take care of it through the mail. Well there's the registering of the baby and then the passport, two separate things. But, before you can apply for a passport you have to register the child. And in order to register the child you need to bring the baby in.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions