Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Security cameras for home

amother
Gold

Post Wed, Nov 14 2018, 8:26 am
Looking to install security cameras around my property. I don't need anything fancy, just to have all videos recorded and saved (not disappear after 24 hours).

Our budget is not so big, so I'm hesitant to start calling security companies to ask for installation. I did want to hear your opinons and if you do have cameras around your property-- which kind do you have? did you install it yourself or is it wired in?

All advice and info is welcome... and appreciated

Thanks!

amother
Black

Post Wed, Nov 14 2018, 8:43 am
I don't know which brand we have, but we paid someone to install them. They are medium quality and have come into use many times. Unfortunately, there have been times they HAVEN'T been able to be used, simply because they weren't the best.
Clear night vision is very important, and that is only in higher quality cameras.
When my cameras failed, a neighbor's cameras resulted in a convictions of car thieves.

amother
Black

Post Wed, Nov 14 2018, 8:44 am
Also, a detective told me to make sure you install cameras at face level, as well as above, because even if everything points to an individual being involved in a crime, unless there is a positive face ID, they can get away with murder...

amother
Gold

Post Wed, Nov 14 2018, 12:51 pm
thanks for the advice!

anyone have a wifi/connects to the phone system you buy at a regular store and install yourself?

amother
Mistyrose

Post Wed, Nov 14 2018, 2:03 pm
amother wrote:
thanks for the advice!

anyone have a wifi/connects to the phone system you buy at a regular store and install yourself?

We do. But we paid to have them instilled. Since we bought the cameras, the installation was cheap.

amother
Gold

Post Thu, Nov 15 2018, 8:37 am
which cameras did you buy?

amother
Mistyrose

Post Thu, Nov 15 2018, 8:55 am
amother wrote:
which cameras did you buy?

Costco

DH is a techy guy shop oversaw the installation and placement of the cameras. I don't think I would have gone the cheap route if he was not so involved in the job because there was a lot of drilling involved.

aliavi

Post Thu, Nov 15 2018, 9:00 am
We have the Arlo brand cameras. I wouldn’t say they are the best quality, but are simple to use, can be self installed, low maintenance, and have night vision and motion sensing options. You can get the upgraded annual subscriptions for storing data, which I think is 90 days. It’s been great to have them.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics