Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Pregnant with corona - can I take zinc and vitamin c&d
Previous  1  2

Thisisnotmyreal

Post Wed, Sep 30 2020, 8:10 pm
amother [ Navy ] wrote:
The amounts being recommended for Coronavirus are megadoses, well above and beyond normal recommended amounts. There is a possibility of toxicity.

I'm pregnant and I take 3000-2000 mg daily. My body is using all of it (or possibly disposing of it) and I know that because I'm not having any side effects at all.

Bluepink

Post Wed, Sep 30 2020, 8:21 pm
Thisisnotmyreal wrote:
I'm pregnant and I take 3000-2000 mg daily. My body is using all of it (or possibly disposing of it) and I know that because I'm not having any side effects at all.

You wouldn’t have side effects from toxicity until it has possibly caused damage, so that doesn’t prove anything..
To the poster who started she takes melatonin in pregnancy, please know that’s not considered safe. Please check with your OB before taking.

amother
Navy

Post Wed, Sep 30 2020, 8:24 pm
Thisisnotmyreal wrote:

Wow, so you can feel your liver enzymes elevating? Or creatinine going up? Fascinating.

Thisisnotmyreal

Post Wed, Sep 30 2020, 8:32 pm
amother [ Navy ] wrote:
Wow, so you can feel your liver enzymes elevating? Or creatinine going up? Fascinating.

Side effects would be diarrhea, nausea, cramps heartburn. I don't have any of these. 3000 mg is not that much. Maybe double it and we'll talk.

Can you list effects for the prescription meds you have taken?

ETA what about all the pregnant women taking tylenol? No problem. Why aren't you concerned about their liver enzymes elevating?

amother
Navy

Post Wed, Sep 30 2020, 8:36 pm
Thisisnotmyreal wrote:
Side effects would be diarrhea, nausea, cramps heartburn. I don't have any of these. 3000 mg is not that much. Maybe double it and we'll talk.

I wouldn’t take prescription meds while pregnant without discussing it with my doctor first. Just like I wouldn’t take megadoses of vitamins while pregnant without discussing it with my doctor.

gold21

Post Wed, Sep 30 2020, 8:40 pm
amother [ Gold ] wrote:
My grandfather was a pharmacist. He said that the reason there needs to be a pharmacist involved and drugs are not all sold over the counter is because they are in essence a poison.

Vitamins are sold otc.

gold21

Post Wed, Sep 30 2020, 8:41 pm
amother [ Navy ] wrote:
The amounts being recommended for Coronavirus are megadoses, well above and beyond normal recommended amounts. There is a possibility of toxicity.

Yeah I agree, don't megadose without a doctor's approval- but definitely get started on some sort of reasonable dose of these vitamins.

amother
Navy

Post Wed, Sep 30 2020, 8:45 pm
Thisisnotmyreal wrote:

ETA what about all the pregnant women taking tylenol? No problem. Why aren't you concerned about their liver enzymes elevating?

I wouldn’t recommend anyone take megadoses of Tylenol several days to weeks in a row either. In fact I would highly recommend against it.

I personally take Tylenol while pregnant only occasionally, when necessary.

Thisisnotmyreal

Post Wed, Sep 30 2020, 8:48 pm
amother [ Navy ] wrote:
I wouldn’t take prescription meds while pregnant without discussing it with my doctor first. Just like I wouldn’t take megadoses of vitamins while pregnant without discussing it with my doctor.

The second someone feels something off from vitamin c they should stop. Long lasting effects are highly unlikely. It's not half as dangerous as tylenol. Please tell me you avoided tylenol while pregnant that you feel so comfortable to chastise me for my vitamin c intake. (It is temporary, not gonna go on for months but I think that's irrelevant.)

mother@4

Post Wed, Sep 30 2020, 8:50 pm
Ask your Doctor Or OB who knows your situation, never ever trust the internet on medical advice.
Refua shelaima, hope you feel better soon

amother
Navy

Post Wed, Sep 30 2020, 8:55 pm
Thisisnotmyreal wrote:
The second someone feels something off from vitamin c they should stop. Long lasting effects are highly unlikely. It's not half as dangerous as tylenol. Please tell me you avoided tylenol while pregnant that you feel so comfortable to chastise me for my vitamin c intake. (It is temporary, not gonna go on for months but I think that's irrelevant.)

I am not chastising you. This is getting a bit out of hand. I think we can both agree that OP would be well served taking usual recommended doses of these vitamins, but should discuss with her doctor before taking megadoses, which are often the amounts recommended as part of “Coronavirus protocols” that we’ve all seen floating around

Mommyg8

Post Wed, Sep 30 2020, 9:05 pm
Bluepink wrote:
You wouldn’t have side effects from toxicity until it has possibly caused damage, so that doesn’t prove anything..
To the poster who started she takes melatonin in pregnancy, please know that’s not considered safe. Please check with your OB before taking.

Can you list some side effects of taking vitamin C? Real sources please.

Vitamin C is one of the most harmless vitamins, it's water soluble and washes right out if you take too much.

Mommyg8

Post Wed, Sep 30 2020, 9:12 pm
Thisisnotmyreal wrote:

3000 mgs. really is a mega dose. I'm not sure if I would take that much routinely even if not pregnant.... 500 mgs. a day, though, is not a mega dose and should be safe.

But IRL I call my pediatrician- yes, you read that correctly- as to what is safe to take during pregnancy.

Thisisnotmyreal

Post Wed, Sep 30 2020, 9:17 pm
Mommyg8 wrote:

But IRL I call my pediatrician- yes, you read that correctly- as to what is safe to take during pregnancy.

Interesting! I like that approach!!

amother
Blush

Post Sun, Oct 04 2020, 11:01 pm
amother [ Fuchsia ] wrote:
My pediatrician says giving vitamin c to kids is poison. Just saying....

I would run from that doctor as fast as I can. What an arrogant man.
Vitamins are poison but antibiotics are candy.

amother
Navy

Post Mon, Oct 05 2020, 12:58 am
amother [ Blush ] wrote:
I would run from that doctor as fast as I can. What an arrogant man.
Vitamins are poison but antibiotics are candy.

She never mentioned her doctor’s views on antibiotics. What an arrogant, presumptive post.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics