Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
Yes flu shot or no flu shot pregnant
Previous  1  2  3  Next

Supermom#1

Post Wed, Oct 28 2020, 9:41 pm
amother [ Tan ] wrote:
I got it done because they're gonna do it when you're admitted to hospital regardless

Not without your consent. (at least I hope not)

amother
Chartreuse

Post Wed, Oct 28 2020, 9:46 pm
My doctor said someone my age with the flu not pregnant and someone my age with the flu pregnant- the flu with pregnancy can be fatal- I took it

amother
Gray

Post Wed, Oct 28 2020, 9:47 pm
Definitely not. There are sooo many safe ways to treat flu in the event you do catch it. And if you breastfeed you will pass all that plus your antibodies to baby. Vaccines stimulate an hyper-immune response. Your baby doesn’t need that. Their developing brain doesn’t need that. Also, here’s a study showing increased risk of other resp diseases other than flu following flu shot. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/p.....4712/

amother
Lime

Post Wed, Oct 28 2020, 10:19 pm
amother [ Tan ] wrote:
I got it done because they're gonna do it when you're admitted to hospital regardless

They offer it at the hospital, they don't just do it. I never do the flu shot and didn't do it this year either.
(Just had baby)

Sunny Days

Post Wed, Oct 28 2020, 10:31 pm
I have no opinion on whether or not one should take the flu shot when pregnant. I did take it back when I had a winter baby & was pregnant in the height of flu season.
I definitely understand the dilemma here.

Regarding this:
Quote:
Not sure why they claim flu season will be bad or why its needed this year.
If masks and social distancing work, they don't only work for covid. They should work for the flu as well.

Fwiw I spoke to a pulmonologist last week who said there may not be much of a flu season this year. (Apparently even the regular RSV and stuff regularly seen this time in the hospital is much much less.) I’m sure he refers to people who take masking & sd very serious.

I don’t know where you stand on this and where your other children are schooling (if applicable) because with flu I personally only ever had exposure to my kids who brought it home when it was rampant in school.

B’shaah Tova

amother
Brunette

Post Wed, Oct 28 2020, 10:35 pm
I took it last week at 30 weeks

amother
Royalblue

Post Wed, Oct 28 2020, 10:51 pm
I never get the flu shot nor do I have my kids get it. But I’m due soon and I did get it a few weeks ago, along with the tdap. I also had everyone in my family get vaccinated and my husband got tdap as well. I usually do get the actual flu and my immune system is usually weaker during the pregnancy. Not risking that with a newborn.

miami85

Post Wed, Oct 28 2020, 10:58 pm
Yes, I've had 4 winter babies, and one baby who wouldn't be 6 months by flu season so always flu shot while pregnant and with an infant in the house. I've never had any complications and we've not been severely sick with the flu even when we got it. My practitioners always recommended it and Dtap--obgyns and midwives.

amother
Sapphire

Post Wed, Oct 28 2020, 11:04 pm
The flu shot was never tested on pregnant women. We have no idea how it affects the woman or the fetus.

pizza4

Post Thu, Oct 29 2020, 12:51 am
Nope. Haven't taken it and wouldn't start while pregnant. If you're worried about catching flu, there are all kinds of ways to strengthen your immune system without putting that stuff in your body.
(If there are less flu cases recorded this year, its because they'll be reported as covid cases. Everything is covid now. Or they'll blame it on covid that they can't keep track of it.)

amother
Black

Post Thu, Oct 29 2020, 1:23 am
I think pregnant women and infants are high risk for complications from the flu so I would think it’s a very good idea to get the shot.

BadTichelDay

Post Thu, Oct 29 2020, 7:03 am
amother [ Black ] wrote:
I think pregnant women and infants are high risk for complications from the flu so I would think it’s a very good idea to get the shot.

I take a flu shot every year and I'm still alive to tell the story. So are my children. During the first 3 months of pregnancy I might consider holding it off in normal years. This year, I think it is more urgent.
As far as the much mentioned cdc goes, here's an article on pregnancy, flu and vaccine.

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/highri.....anges in the immune system,a pregnant woman's developing baby.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 29 2020, 8:25 am
BadTichelDay wrote:
I take a flu shot every year and I'm still alive to tell the story. So are my children. During the first 3 months of pregnancy I might consider holding it off in normal years. This year, I think it is more urgent.
As far as the much mentioned cdc goes, here's an article on pregnancy, flu and vaccine.

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/highri.....anges in the immune system,a pregnant woman's developing baby.

This is one article. Then there's an article that says just the opposite. Which one do I believe?!

amother
Slateblue

Post Thu, Oct 29 2020, 8:57 am
OP trust your gut. I used to be very free for all with vaccines until I had a child who developed issues after being completely typically developing. after researching, I was horrified by the way these "safe" vaccines are tested, the oversight and regulations and the corruption of Big Pharma. anyone who tells you all shots are fine, did not do research. I would have said the same before I researched. The research covered up by the media. Its not a coincidence that the US is extremely free with giving out shots and has a rigorous vaccine schedule under 3 and we have one of the highest rates of autism in the world, with numbers going up every year.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 29 2020, 9:06 am
amother [ Slateblue ] wrote:
OP trust your gut. I used to be very free for all with vaccines until I had a child who developed issues after being completely typically developing. after researching, I was horrified by the way these "safe" vaccines are tested, the oversight and regulations and the corruption of Big Pharma. anyone who tells you all shots are fine, did not do research. I would have said the same before I researched. The research covered up by the media. Its not a coincidence that the US is extremely free with giving out shots and has a rigorous vaccine schedule under 3 and we have one of the highest rates of autism in the world, with numbers going up every year.

I don't have a gut to trust. One side gut is telling me don't you dare, the other side is telling me how can you not? I personally 2 pregnant women who got the flu in the ninth one. One was on a respirator and they had to make a T cut c section to quickly get the baby out, and this woman's sister in law who bh they managed to deliver naturally before anything serious happens to her. I'm so so torn. I don't know what to do. Meanwhile I have 3 weeks to think till my next appt what I'm gonna do. I'm very very confused.

amother
Wheat

Post Thu, Oct 29 2020, 9:08 am
High fever is extremely dangerous to a developing fetus. Flu shots have no proven links to increased miscarriage rates or to harm to a developing fetus. That was my cost benefit analysis.

amother
Slateblue

Post Thu, Oct 29 2020, 9:10 am
I dont think the flu is a life and death decision. Sorry for the woman you know but that is exceedingly rare, whats probably more
realistic and common are harmful effects to the developing fetus. Many flu shots still
contain aluminum as an adjuvant. Its one thing to vaccinate for the major diseases, but to me the flu shot is clearly not worth any risk to the baby especially when pregnant.

amother
Slateblue

Post Thu, Oct 29 2020, 9:11 am
amother [ Wheat ] wrote:
High fever is extremely dangerous to a developing fetus. Flu shots have no proven links to increased miscarriage rates or to harm to a developing fetus. That was my cost benefit analysis.

Of course they dont have proven links. It was never studied how it effects the fetus. You dont think thats a problem that they present it as totally safe and forget to mention that small point?!

amother
Slateblue

Post Thu, Oct 29 2020, 9:14 am
amother [ Wheat ] wrote:

Also do you know why high fever is harmful? It sets off an immune activation for the fetus. That is exactly what a vaccine does as well. We simply dont know that the immune activation can spiral out of control in a fetus or baby. so the flu shot you are taking to prevent high feber may set off an even greater autoimmune response that can cause greater harm to the infant.Many people believe that shots are causing brain damage in babies.

amother
Slateblue

Post Thu, Oct 29 2020, 9:15 am
amother [ Slateblue ] wrote:
Also do you know why high fever is harmful? It sets off an immune activation for the fetus. That is exactly what a vaccine does as well. We simply dont know that the immune activation does not spiral out of control in a fetus or baby. the flu shot you are taking to prevent high fever which may cause harm, may set off an even greater autoimmune response that can cause greater harm to the infant.Many people believe that shots are causing brain damage in babies.
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics