Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Covid or sinus infection?
Previous  1  2

amother
Magenta

Post Tue, Dec 29 2020, 8:34 am
amother [ Mistyrose ] wrote:
My sister said she gets Sinus infections every winter but this year it’s called Covid. She tested positive but felt the exact same symptoms as every winter

honestly that's not crazy. I'm predisposed to sinus infections..my husband gets post Nasal drip/ sore throat. every time we both catch anything from the kids.. a cold, flu ..It then goes to my sinuses and his throat. covid can too.

amother
Orchid

Post Tue, Dec 29 2020, 12:24 pm
amother [ Black ] wrote:
Quarantine for those in close contact with someone who tested positive is no longer 14 days. You start counting from day 10 for you, which is the last day they were in close contact with someone considered contagious, and the next day is day 1 for them. On day 8 for them they can get tested and if it's negative they can go back. Or if you'd rather not test, on day 11 for them they can go back. In other words, if day 1 for you is when you first noticed symptoms, they can test on day 18 or just go back on day 21.

ETA this is assuming they are all asymptomatic. Testing during this period if asymptomatic does not change the length of quarantine since it could be too early to detect.

Per CDC you can do the PCR on day 5 or later.
Also, my doc advised rapid on day 7.
They should continue to monitor for symptoms until day 14, even if they have left quarantine.

amother
Black

Post Tue, Dec 29 2020, 12:30 pm
amother [ Orchid ] wrote:
Per CDC you can do the PCR on day 5 or later.
Also, my doc advised rapid on day 7.
They should continue to monitor for symptoms until day 14, even if they have left quarantine.

Yes that's correct. They can test no earlier than day five, and if it's negative they can leave quarantine on day 8.

amother
Hotpink

Post Tue, Dec 29 2020, 12:31 pm
Im home quarantined because my friend was on antibiotics for sinusitis and tested positive a week later after felling awful the whole time

simcha2

Post Tue, Dec 29 2020, 12:44 pm
Sounds like flu.

Cheiny

Post Tue, Dec 29 2020, 8:37 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Which do you think I have? Corona or sinus infection?
Last week started with a nose drip and quickly turned to a terribly scratchy sore throat. No cough. That night I had chills and aching everywhere, head torso and limbs. I didn't take my temp but I felt very overheated. My nose was completely stuffed and I had to put a fan on me to sleep and breathe easy. Still no cough though.
I tried to see if I'm short of breath but it's kind of hard to breathe when sick anyway.
I took a covid test, Friday it came back negative.
Shabbos I realized my morning coffee suddenly tastes awful. Like dirt. I tried tasting a few more foods and they were okay. I was still stuffed like crazy but no cough.
Over the past few days I realized I'm not really smelling or tasting anything. A little bit I can if I get really close to it or if it's very strong. I haven't tried coffee again. I still felt overheated like when I have fever.
Today my cold is basically gone finally BH. I'm thinking if I should take another corona test, or an antibodies test, or just assume I had a sinus infection- it's possible to lose your sense of smell from that too.
Also the covid test felt like nothing. Like a feather and it didn't go deep at all. Maybe it missed it?
Opinions from experienced people please.
Oh I'm in Brooklyn and we are all exposed multiple times a day every day.

The tests aren’t always accurate. You should take another one, at a different facility from where you had the first one. Refuah shelaima.

naomi6

Post Wed, Apr 07 2021, 12:16 am
Take Plasma works instantly
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics