Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
Is it socially acceptable
Previous  1  2  3  4

amother
Caramel

Post Mon, Aug 14 2023, 6:47 am
amother DarkCyan wrote:
To clarify- what the fa is collecting is food related. Their trash bins are in the kitchen. Anything else should be put in the bathroom trash.
There was no need to relay the message with rude comments.

No, the attendant is collecting trash. A diaper is trash. Used cups and napkins are more unsanitary than a folded up diaper.
The flight attendant should hold a bag for the trash instead of collecting it with her hands. The attendant should also wear gloves.

Ema of 5

Post Mon, Aug 14 2023, 6:47 am
amother Strawberry wrote:
Op, why not share what her reaction was?

Why, so everyone can jump on her more? If I was the OP I wouldn’t come back to this thread. She already got her answer, albeit in not such a nice way from some people.

Ema of 5

Post Mon, Aug 14 2023, 6:50 am
amother Caramel wrote:
No, the attendant is collecting trash. A diaper is trash. Used cups and napkins are more unsanitary than a folded up diaper.
The flight attendant should hold a bag for the trash instead of collecting it with her hands. The attendant should also wear gloves.

Did the flight attendant collect the garbage with her hands? I missed that part of OPs posts. I’ve seen flight attendants holding something in their hands sometimes, but usually they ALSO have a garbage bag. And for sure they should be wearing gloves.

amother
DarkCyan

Post Mon, Aug 14 2023, 8:08 am
Ema of 5 wrote:
No, the flight attendant is collecting garbage. If I made a mess and cleaned it up with napkins, they’re collecting that. If I took a blanket or headset out of a plastic wrapper, they’re taking that. Perhaps not a dirty or wet diaper, but not only food related items.

Often times they will tell you that they will come around again with a bag for other types of garbage.
In any case there was no need to yell at op. ( which some imas here did). She asked for advice and info for her knowledge going forward.
It could have been said nicely.
OP- when in doubt asking is the way to go. So you would’ve asked the fa- where can I throw out the diaper? Or if you cannot get up, put it in the barf bag and throw it out as soon as you can get up. (in the bathroom garbage bib).
I had garbage once and all the bins were closed. I took it with me off the plane and dumped it in the first can I saw in the airport.

sub

Post Mon, Aug 14 2023, 8:10 am
Ema of 5 wrote:
It’s ok for her to learn proper etiquette for the future. What is not ok are all the responses shaming her, even after she said this was her first time and wanted to know what the proper thing would be. Why do people, grown women, feel the need to shame women who are just asking for guidance?

Agree. 100%.

amother
Jetblack

Post Mon, Aug 14 2023, 9:14 am
Is it really bad to change a baby’s diaper at the seat? I find the bathrooms so unsanitary and it’s so hard to be wiping surfaces off in a crammed space while handling the baby or toddler. My husband says we can’t change at the seat and only bathroom but really makes me cringe.

amother
Caramel

Post Mon, Aug 14 2023, 9:18 am
amother Jetblack wrote:
Is it really bad to change a baby’s diaper at the seat? I find the bathrooms so unsanitary and it’s so hard to be wiping surfaces off in a crammed space while handling the baby or toddler. My husband says we can’t change at the seat and only bathroom but really makes me cringe.

I wouldn't put a kid on the seat. But I always see parents diapering babies on a blanket or on themselves. I don't think it's unsanitary. It's more unsanitary to change a baby in a public bathroom.

amother
Blonde

Post Mon, Aug 14 2023, 9:24 am
I guess I'm just extraordinarily chill but if someone handed me a wrapped diaper to dispose of I'm so not concerned. It's wrapped in a bag for heaven's sake, what exactly do you think is going to happen. I'd far faster take it from them then make them feel bad by cringing and having a disgusted expression and saying, "Ew, no, you handle that!" And I agree with Caramel, the used napkins and cups and plates are more unsanitary than the neatly tied up bag of diaper.

amother
Ecru

Post Mon, Aug 14 2023, 9:29 am
best to carry a little garbage bag to deposit the diaper in when traveling and then toss it or hand it to the attendant when s/he is collecting garbage; however, things happen and you did nothing wrong op the attendant should have just said ill be right back and should've come back with a garbage bag and gloves or just you toss it in the garbage bag s/he comes around with

no way I am carrying a dirty diaper for numerous reasons feel free to use your imagination off the plane because some plane /attendant doesn't provide anywhere to toss it! while someone can choose to do that this is by no means the norm and I've travelled numerous years many places domestic and international
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette