Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training
She is soo stubborn!
Previous  1  2

mushkamothers

Post Sat, Feb 03 2024, 8:35 pm
Shes not too little but you are making this into a huge power struggle even just based on your title. She will always win you here because it's her body and she can do what she wants.

It's really important to have ZERO pressure involved here and to allow for full autonomy.

Literally it's a developmental stage, Erikson called this time period "shame vs autonomy" so thru the angle of toileting its either I become in control of my own bodily functions or I develop deep shame around it.

So if she pees on floor or on herself, no drama no big reaction. No need for prizes or forcing her on toilet either. Really lay off the pressure and build in independence. The book oh cr@p potty training is very good.

amother
Wine

Post Sun, Feb 04 2024, 12:00 am
Wait until closer to 4.

chocolate moose

Post Sun, Feb 04 2024, 3:28 pm
does she go to playgroup? will the morah help you?

amother
Tealblue

Post Sun, Feb 04 2024, 3:34 pm
amother Caramel wrote:
I don't agree at all with this. My kids are all trained at 3 or later. One closer to 4. They were not ready before. When they were ready, it took me one day to train them. I literally just told them no more diapers. Had one accident and were good. They trained at night at the same time. When you try to early it sometimes doesn't work and you end up dealing with it for months.

I would rather change diapers than deal with accidents for months.

My daughter turned three today and I do.plan on training her in the next few weeks, but she is soooo ready and sits every day on the toilet already a few times but only made twice so far. At the end of the day they all train at some point.

Op, I would wait till she is ready.

Mine also turned 3 today.

But when I tried a few weeks ago she was very excited and sat patiently on the potty for ten minutes every hour. Nothing doing.

Suddenly she started screaming “mommy give me diaper! mommy give me diaper! Mommy give me diaper!!”

The minute I gave her to her she soaked the diaper through.

amother
Mint

Post Sun, Feb 04 2024, 3:36 pm
amother Cyclamen wrote:
I don’t see the equivalence of sleep and toilet training. Healthy sleep habits positively impact the baby and the rest of the family. Toilet training only impacts the Amazon bill so as to not need diapers

Not to mention: lots and lots of families don’t sleep train. I don’t call them lazy. If poor sleep works for them, then that’s great. My 3 year old in diapers is not negatively impacting himself or any of us.

Ya I don’t sleep train and I am doing a more child led approach- ie when she is ready I’ll know. I’m not gonna push it… same with sleep. When they’re ready to sleep they will…. Babies don’t need to be “trained” to sleep.

mushkamothers

Post Sun, Feb 04 2024, 4:16 pm
amother Tealblue wrote:
Mine also turned 3 today.

But when I tried a few weeks ago she was very excited and sat patiently on the potty for ten minutes every hour. Nothing doing.

Suddenly she started screaming “mommy give me diaper! mommy give me diaper! Mommy give me diaper!!”

The minute I gave her to her she soaked the diaper through.

That's the definition of being ready. She knows when it's coming.

tichellady

Post Sun, Feb 04 2024, 4:40 pm
Wait until she is interested.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training