Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
So UPSET~7-11 Lied WWYD
1  2  3  Next

amother

Post Mon, Jul 21 2014, 10:19 am
I went into 7-11 to treat myself to a sugarfree slurpee. I have been watching my intake carefully and am off white sugar for awhile. I saw they only had one flavor of sugarfree, mango fanta. I started filling my cup when I noticed that it was red and mango is usually orange. I brought it to the front and asked the clerk if this flavor was diet mango and he said Yes, they are all as labeled. I drank it in the car and came home to check on the website and the guy LIED!!! Mango flavor is orange and the only one that was red is regular fanta cherry flavor! I am SO upset. What would you do?

MaBelleVie

Post Mon, Jul 21 2014, 10:21 am
I would sue them. Make sure to closely track all of the physical and psychological damages they caused by LYING.

Or, I would realize that I should have been more specific when asking the clerk and explaining why I thought there might be an error. And realizing that in fact these things do happen.

perquacky

Post Mon, Jul 21 2014, 10:26 am
If you're feeling terribly wronged, complain to someone behind the counter. Probably nothing will come of it. People make mistakes and I've seen those machines mislabeled before. But maybe you'll get a free Slurpee out of it.

amother

Post Mon, Jul 21 2014, 10:27 am
OP here. Actually I did tell the clerk that I am off sugar and am pre-diabetic. I would imagine that would be enough to warrant at least a bit of concern on his end to check it out as opposed to just answering brusquely that it was what it said it was! I never bought a Slurpee before so I wasn't sure, but I know from past experience with mangoes, both by eating them and drinking things that have mango in them, that a mango is orange not bright red. I didn't know if they add other drinks to it or whatever.

joy613

Post Mon, Jul 21 2014, 10:31 am
I wouldn't do anything. There's not much to do anyways.

Also, It doesn't seem like he actually intended to mislead you. He just told you that everything is as labeled. How should he know that there was a mistake? And how would he know the color of each drink in the machine? I probably would have said the same thing if I worked there.

If it was really that bad for you to have, you should have gone with your gut feeling and not taken it.

I feel bad that you ruined your diet, but if it's a one time thing it should be ok.

And just a recommendation- for someone going totally sugar free it's probably not the best idea to buy from 7-11. I wouldn't trust that the drink is 100% sugarfree anyways.
(besides for the fact that whatever else is in there is not exactly healthfood)

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, Jul 21 2014, 10:39 am
I disagree with the other comments. Think of it this way, what if you had a life threatening peanut allergy, and were accidentally exposed, even after checking with the store? I suggest you call corporate and tell them that you are DIABETIC and that their mistake messed up your blood sugar levels. Tell them that you checked with the clerk, and that you were assured that it was fine.

7-11 does NOT want a lawsuit, and you may have grounds for one. They will most likely give you a generous gift certificate for their stores and an apology. It never hurts to ask.

Ruchel

Post Mon, Jul 21 2014, 10:47 am
Unfortunately various people and circles have just no awareness of "all this". BTDT so many times with glutamate.

Post Mon, Jul 21 2014, 10:51 am
FranticFrummie wrote:
I disagree with the other comments. Think of it this way, what if you had a life threatening peanut allergy, and were accidentally exposed, even after checking with the store? I suggest you call corporate and tell them that you are DIABETIC and that their mistake messed up your blood sugar levels. Tell them that you checked with the clerk, and that you were assured that it was fine.

7-11 does NOT want a lawsuit, and you may have grounds for one. They will most likely give you a generous gift certificate for their stores and an apology. It never hurts to ask.

This is unethical. She is not diabetic and there is no evidence that it messed up her sugar levels. You are not advising her to ask. You are advising her to lie. Ironically she is upset at 7 11 for lying and we don't know if it that was intentional.

inexorablyme

Post Mon, Jul 21 2014, 10:52 am
FranticFrummie wrote:

You are suggesting she lie?

MaBelleVie

Post Mon, Jul 21 2014, 10:53 am
Squishy wrote:
This is unethical. She is not diabetic and there is no evidence that it messed up her sugar levels. You are not advising her to ask. You are advising her to lie. Ironically she is upset at 7 11 for lying and we don't know if it that was intentional.

Yeah, I'm really shocked you're suggesting this. OP is upset with the clerk for not being conscientious enough to check the machine for her. Yet you want her to blatantly LIE about her health status to get a gift certificate??? Shame on you.

amother

Post Mon, Jul 21 2014, 11:04 am
I'm guessing Squishy misunderstood and thought the OP was actually a diabetic. Still, it would be hard to prove in a lawsuit and I'm sure any store would know that.

I frequent the same seven eleven far too frequently. They once switched the coke zero and the diet coke. I nearly gagged. I told the owner the next time I saw him in a joking way, not a I'm gonna sue you cuz I almost died by gagging on the wrong drink, and he gave me a free one. Then again I was going for 3-4 big gulps and several coffees a day at the time. He knew there's a mistake if I said so...no way to know diet coke better than me!

amother

Post Mon, Jul 21 2014, 11:10 am
I always thought it was the store employees who filled those machines. Wouldn't they be responsible to make sure it was the right syrup in the right place?

joy613

Post Mon, Jul 21 2014, 11:12 am
MaBelleVie wrote:
Yeah, I'm really shocked you're suggesting this. OP is upset with the clerk for not being conscientious enough to check the machine for her. Yet you want her to blatantly LIE about her health status to get a gift certificate??? Shame on you.

Why are you all getting so riled against FF?
OP did say she is pre-diabetic, so FF must have read that and thought she's diabetic. I don't think she is suggesting op to lie.

MaBelleVie

Post Mon, Jul 21 2014, 11:13 am
Hashem loves me wrote:
OP did say she is pre-diabetic, so FF must have read that and thought she's diabetic. I don't think she is suggesting op to lie.

If she misread the op she can let us know. Until then, I will be disgusted with that post and the fact that three people independently "liked" it.

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, Jul 21 2014, 11:22 am
Hashem loves me wrote:

Wow. shock Way for everyone to give me the benefit of a doubt!

Yes, I misread. And pre-diabetic is also dangerous, especially if she's been extra careful with keeping her sugar levels down, a sudden spike could really mess her up.

I most certainly was not telling her to LIE! Good grief! Banging head

MaBelleVie

Post Mon, Jul 21 2014, 11:26 am
Yay! Glad to hear that!

(Someone who has to be that meticulous regarding food intake should not feel safe eating anything that isn't in its original package and explicitly labeled)

Learning

Post Mon, Jul 21 2014, 11:29 am
I think they have the flavored name on the machine. They are not supposed to check it for you.

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, Jul 21 2014, 11:30 am
MaBelleVie wrote:
Yay! Glad to hear that!

(Someone who has to be that meticulous regarding food intake should not feel safe eating anything that isn't in its original package and explicitly labeled)

I had no sleep last night due to insomnia and tinnitus, so I'm a zombie today. On top of that, my hypoglycemia is acting up and I have no appetite, so I'm not sure how I'm going to force myself to get my blood sugar back up - I hope you can forgive me for misreading. Hypnotized

*Sucking on a glucose tablet right now. Thinking about food makes me nauseated, and I can't take a nap until I get something in my stomach.*

agreer

Post Mon, Jul 21 2014, 11:31 am
OP - I would learn a valuable lesson and NOT TRUST OTHERS about your own food intake. If something isn't labeled or looks off, don't trust anyone else to tell you that it's okay. I am pretty sure that this isn't going to mess you up for life - I hope that Hashem keeps you healthy - so I would give myself a day to get over it and move on.

I do think complaining to corporate is a great idea. I've complained to numerous corporations, and very often I've received something in return - usually, a gift certificate or a credit/refund.

I'd also treat myself again - perhaps at a different 7-11 with the RIGHT drink - for all of my pain and agitation.

supermama2

Post Mon, Jul 21 2014, 11:37 am
If it were me you ask? I would drop it and kick myself for the idea of drinking a slurpee. Then maybe just maybe do as another poster said and treat myself to a sugar free slurpee at another 7-11 if I were having a dance with my yetzer hara and in a bad mood. Smile
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise