Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
Eczema - Vaccines?
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 06 2019, 9:01 am
No vax/anti vax debate please, just asking from those who have experience.
Has anyone had a child who developed severe eczema as an infant PRIOR to getting ANY vaccines and was advised by their PEDIATRICIAN not to give shots? And has anyone seen adverse reactions (EXZEMA/ALLERGY RELATED ONLY, PLEASE) after vaccinations?

momsrus

Post Mon, May 06 2019, 9:04 am
My baby got eczema before vaccines. Was not advised to delay vaccinations.

Why should I? there's no connection.

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 06 2019, 9:07 am
The practice I use has multiple pediatricians. One told me to delay and the other said I shouldn't. Just trying to find out if there is a reason to delay.

amother
Tan

Post Mon, May 06 2019, 9:08 am
My child developed eczema at 3 weeks old, before any vaccines. It was directly related to diet and cleared up completely when we eliminated certain foods (based on allergy testing), before we did any vaccines. My pediatrician does only vaccine at a time and didn't comment on anything related to eczema. None of the vaccines triggered the eczema to return. At this point the only trigger I'm aware of for that child's eczema is cold, dry weather.

amother
Vermilion

Post Mon, May 06 2019, 9:12 am
I'm shocked that any "normal" doctor had the good sense to advise you to wait.

Eczema is inflammation. Your child is reacting to something. Could be diet, could be environmental, could be anything. But just like you (hopefully) wouldn't vaccinate a kid who is fighting off a cold, it would be foolish to vaccinate a child who is inflamed because he's reacting to... something. I would definitely try to get it under control first.

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 06 2019, 9:20 am
amother [ Vermilion ] wrote:

Eczema is inflammation. Your child is reacting to something. Could be diet, could be environmental, could be anything. But just like you (hopefully) wouldn't vaccinate a kid who is fighting off a cold, it would be foolish to vaccinate a child who is inflamed because he's reacting to... something. I would definitely try to get it under control first.

I should have been more specific, the reason the doctor said to delay was because the eczema is not under control yet. We did eliminate certain food groups and are trying various remedies, unfortunately without success.

ETA, just realized what you meant....

amother
Vermilion

Post Mon, May 06 2019, 9:22 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I should have been more specific, the reason the doctor said to delay was because the eczema is not under control yet. We did eliminate certain food groups and are trying various remedies, unfortunately without success.

Yes, I understood you perfectly and I'm impressed with your doctor because very few recognize that this inflammation is an indication that the body is reacting to something and should be resolved before immunizations. Most just shrug it off, say we don't know what causes it and no big deal. Stick with this doctor!

amother
Mustard

Post Mon, May 06 2019, 9:23 am

??

meme6

Post Mon, May 06 2019, 9:31 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
No vax/anti vax debate please, just asking from those who have experience.
Has anyone had a child who developed severe eczema as an infant PRIOR to getting ANY vaccines and was advised by their PEDIATRICIAN not to give shots? And has anyone seen adverse reactions (EXZEMA/ALLERGY RELATED ONLY, PLEASE) after vaccinations?

My son had severe eczema and I was also advised by my pediatrician not to give shots till it’s under control which took a long time! Also some shots have certain ingredients your child can be allergic to. You can pm me with any questions

amother
Vermilion

Post Mon, May 06 2019, 9:32 am
amother [ Mustard ] wrote:
??

What's the confusion? Kids need to be healthy to handle what they're being injected with. If a child has a cold, that is not the time to vaccinate. Push it off a couple weeks.

amother
Gold

Post Mon, May 06 2019, 10:58 am
Yes, we have.
My son was allergic to eggs, and got severe eczema that took months to clear, whenever he had anything with eggs. Some of the vaccines are incubated in eggs. Each one my doctor would evaluate the risk of the disease vs the risk of the eczema. The lower risk won. So sometimes he gave the shot (like the MMR) and we dealt with the eczema and sometimes he didn't give the shot (like the flu shot) and we dealt with the illness.

amother
Green

Post Mon, May 06 2019, 11:10 am
amother [ Gold ] wrote:
Yes, we have.
My son was allergic to eggs, and got severe eczema that took months to clear, whenever he had anything with eggs. Some of the vaccines are incubated in eggs. Each one my doctor would evaluate the risk of the disease vs the risk of the eczema. The lower risk won. So sometimes he gave the shot (like the MMR) and we dealt with the eczema and sometimes he didn't give the shot (like the flu shot) and we dealt with the illness.

DH had egg allergies and didn't take any that were incubated with eggs: There werent that many vaccines to begin with 30 yrs ago, so there was no evaluation of lesser and greater risks. He never caught up on those he missed, though he did outgrow the egg sensitivity.
That many decades ago, I think docs weren't getting pushback from anti vaccine so they were ok not pushing things and feeding the fear that its dire to get vaccinated.

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 06 2019, 11:16 am
amother [ Gold ] wrote:
Yes, we have.

Thank you for your reply. My child is highly allergic to eggs too.

And thank you meme6

amother
Mustard

Post Mon, May 06 2019, 11:23 am
What's the confusion? Kids need to be healthy to handle what they're being injected with. If a child has a cold, that is not the time to vaccinate. Push it off a couple weeks.

Follow advice of Pediatrician.

trixx

Post Mon, May 06 2019, 12:33 pm
Eczema is an autoimmune disease caused by leaky gut and can definitely be managed through diet.
(it can also be exacerbated by vaccine bc of the effect on the gut and immune system)
Look up the Myers Way or Sarah Ballantyne autoimmune protocol
Eliminate: gluten, dairy, soy, sugar, nightshades, seeds including chocolate
Add: bone broth, supplements if possible

amother
Yellow

Post Mon, May 06 2019, 12:35 pm
momsrus wrote:
My baby got eczema before vaccines. Was not advised to delay vaccinations.

Why should I? there's no connection.

The connection is there in black and white, on the vaccine insert. The vaccine inserts on some vaccines state that they can cause eczema.

amother
Linen

Post Mon, May 06 2019, 6:50 pm
amother [ Yellow ] wrote:
The connection is there in black and white, on the vaccine insert. The vaccine inserts on some vaccines state that they can cause eczema.

Op, please advise who your Dr is. Mine thinks it's safe without a question for my baby with major eczema. He is just very uninformed and I will not comply. Happy to switch if location is good.

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 06 2019, 7:22 pm
amother [ Linen ] wrote:
Op, please advise who your Dr is. Mine thinks it's safe without a question for my baby with major eczema. He is just very uninformed and I will not comply. Happy to switch if location is good.

Williamsburg Pediatrics. They have offices in Williamsburg, BP and Monsey. But like I said, multiple practitioners with different opinions.

amother
White

Post Mon, May 06 2019, 8:04 pm
don't babies get there 1st shots rather early like either immediately or at 2 weeks? Is it actually possible to develop the excema before getting shots?

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 06 2019, 8:10 pm
amother [ White ] wrote:
don't babies get there 1st shots rather early like either immediately or at 2 weeks? Is it actually possible to develop the excema before getting shots?

I think only the hep-b, which most don't give immediately. Other than that, first set of shots is usually at 2 months . In our case, my baby was pretty sick at 2 months old (so obviously x shots) and developed eczema shortly after that.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics