Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Unbelievable, I have no words!
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

amother
Periwinkle

Post Tue, Mar 17 2020, 3:57 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
As I said, I have no problem being in quarantine, sitting home with my kids.
I do have a problem with the people that are at greater risk not giving a dam about it and going about their routine.
And I'm being called all awful names here when I'm doing my part.

So, that means you don't take your kids to the grocery store or pharmacy with you and you're not taking them to the library or park - right?

And you believe they don't give a darn, because you've asked them and that's what they said - right?

Yes I have a problem with irresponsible people, people who don't do their part, etc. (and people who can't seem to comprehend what it means to FLATTEN THE CURVE). But your post is sheer chutzpa. Want to complain, complain about the young and selfish people who violate quarantine. Before you criticize someone five decades your senior, find out what their motives are.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 17 2020, 4:00 pm
amother [ Periwinkle ] wrote:
So, that means you don't take your kids to the grocery store or pharmacy with you and you're not taking them to the library or park - right?

And you believe they don't give a darn, because you've asked them and that's what they said - right?

Yes I have a problem with irresponsible people, people who don't do their part, etc. (and people who can't seem to comprehend what it means to FLATTEN THE CURVE). But your post is sheer chutzpa. Want to complain, complain about the young and selfish people who violate quarantine. Before you criticize someone five decades your senior, find out what their motives are.

I'm not taking my kids anywhere! Absolutely no where! We're all at home. I'm having all my groceries and pharmacies delivered.

amother
Pearl

Post Tue, Mar 17 2020, 4:03 pm
amother [ Red ] wrote:
Agreed. The elderly and immuno-compromised individuals should be the ones in quarantine and the rest of the world should go on.

Makes absolutely no sense the way things are being done now.

And don't tell me I'm heartless and selfish.

That's what I said from the start
And that's kind of what the UK are doing.

amother
Red

Post Tue, Mar 17 2020, 4:04 pm
I definitely don't agree with the way OP worded it, but I agree with the idea behind it.

I think that shutting down schools, stores, synagogues, businesses, sporting events, weddings, imposing a 8PM curfew, and quarantining thousands of healthy people should be absolute last resorts.

Doing the above kills our economy and will have long-lasting effects on the entire world.

Why couldn't those who are at higher risk be quarantined while the rest of society tries to function as normally as possible while still taking extra precautions with hygiene?

And it would be mine and many others absolute pleasure to help out the elderly in any way they needed.

amother
Wine

Post Tue, Mar 17 2020, 4:04 pm
My FIL is diabetic, high blood pressure, smokes, etc. and over 60 is out working because other wise he won't have bread to eat

amother
Puce

Post Tue, Mar 17 2020, 4:05 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I'm not taking my kids anywhere! Absolutely no where! We're all at home. I'm having all my groceries and pharmacies delivered.

Then how do you see all these elderly people around? You said you called a couple of neighbors and your grandfather, yet you write these posts making it sound you personally witnessed packed stores full of senior citizens.
I'm sure there are a few. But doubt it is to that extent. Maybe your neighbors said they are fine because they already have things taken care of thru other means.

mamma llama

Post Tue, Mar 17 2020, 4:06 pm
amother [ Red ] wrote:

I think that shutting down schools, stores, synagogues, businesses, sporting events, weddings, imposing a 8PM curfew, and quarantining thousands of healthy people should be absolute last resorts.

That's just it. This IS the last resort! The virus is spreading so rapidly that this is the only way to contain it.

amother
Periwinkle

amother [ OP ] wrote:
Yes, delivery is free and everyone knows about it. Me and my kids are home, we're not going anywhere.
When I asked my grandfather and neighbor why they're going shopping and to weddings, they both said no one can force them to stop.
My neighbors went to their granddaughters wedding because they "didn't want to miss it".
While I'm sitting home and being called selfish.
This is so twisted.

So either they don't mind dying of coronavirus. And they're not planning on a long hospital stay (many want to go quickly, when their time comes).

Or they don't understand what's going on, or were not updated about the free delivery ("everyone knows about it" does not prove anything other than that you think everyone knows about it).

amother [ OP ] wrote:
I know that, and I'm happy to quarantine.
But I do have the right to be mad at those that are at greater risk are not taking it seriously.
I do have the right to vent without being called awful and disgusting.

Okay. First off, you're obviously NOT happy to quarantine - you're extremely resentful. Which is understandable, honestly.

Second of all, you do have the right to be mad that people aren't taking you seriously, and the right to vent.

BUT you do not have the right to insult your elders (meaning, the elderly, not anyone who happens to be a few years older than you) and call them names. And if you do feel free to call them names and stick labels on them, then don't be surprised when you receive the same treatment.

Mad at your neighbors? Sure, I'd be mad too. But instead of calling them selfish because they are elderly, say that people who go to weddings of those who are not first-degree relatives are selfish. It has nothing to do with their personal health situation. It has to do with flattening the curve.

Thirdly, you seem to believe that you are doing your part. Personally, I am not sure what that means, or that you are in fact doing "your part" the way others would define it. I don't know where you live so I don't know the guidelines or the situation in your community. But I do want to mention that what we perceive as "our part" initially may actually fall short of what "our part" truly is.

amother
OP

amother [ Puce ] wrote:
If you are at home, other than a couple of neighbors that you called, and your grandfather, how exactly are you witnessing so many elderly people about?

Because I went to the grocery on Sunday. Just myself without kids, in and out in 5 minutes. Was the 1st time I went out of my house in a week. And I'm not planning to go again.
And I'm seeing my elderly neighbors going out, when I asked them why they claimed they're feeling fine.

amother
Periwinkle

Post Tue, Mar 17 2020, 4:07 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

So how did you see all these people at the grocery store?

ETA: I see you answered that. And how do you know they weren't making a once-in-two-weeks trip?

amother
Puce

Post Tue, Mar 17 2020, 4:08 pm
Sunday was 2 days ago. I think people are way more aware and cautious now. Anyway a few neighbors does not equal the masses you are describing.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 17 2020, 4:08 pm
So how did you see all these people at the grocery store?

See above post.
And I'm telling you again that I really don't mind the quarantine even though you're convinced I'm resentful.

chipmunks

Post Tue, Mar 17 2020, 4:09 pm
I think the kind of strong reaction OP is expressing is based in fear. I do understand why people are taking offense. It just seems to me that even if she's not wording it that exact way, she is terrified for her grandfather and elderly neighbors and it's much more about that than about being shut in. Like when a kid gets himself in a dangerous situation and the parent is so scared that it comes out as anger. Most of us are acting somewhat out of sorts right now...doesn't hurt to be dlz. Wink

amother
Aubergine

Post Tue, Mar 17 2020, 4:10 pm
It's very frustrating when people somehow don't understand that the rules apply to them. All we can do is explain, and hope we get through.

amother
Burlywood

Post Tue, Mar 17 2020, 4:11 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
What exactly is your problem lady???
Every single grocery store and pharmacy in my community is offering delivery services. I've offered to do my neighbors errands but they refused! And we have no right to be mad because they're not using precautions while we are?????? And you're calling me disgusting and awful???? What is wrong with you?? THINK BEFORE YOU POST!!!
I have no problem taking precautions and my kids being home, no problem at all. I do have a problem that the people we're trying to protect aren't trying to protect themselves. That we're turning over our lives while they're going about their day.
And I'm awful and disgusting, go figure.

You're awful and disgusting because some elderly are walking around, you condemn them all. How would you feel if people condemned all from people because of your attitude?

You are judging all.

But you are dead wrong. Cornavirus kills young and without pre existing conditions.

amother
Chartreuse

Post Tue, Mar 17 2020, 4:13 pm
amother [ Burlywood ] wrote:

But you are dead wrong. Cornavirus kills young and without pre existing conditions.

I don't know if you meant it this way, but that was seriously dark humor.

amother
Burlywood

Post Tue, Mar 17 2020, 4:13 pm
It's people like her who make me wish we could genetically engineer coronavirus to harm only smokers and those with an IQ of less than 125.

The stupidity and selfishness have reached a dangerous level already.

Giving her a high triple digit IQ is optimistic. I wouldn't say it was higher than 92.

amother
Burlywood

Post Tue, Mar 17 2020, 4:15 pm
amother [ Chartreuse ] wrote:
I don't know if you meant it this way, but that was seriously dark humor.

I did. She wouldn't have gotten it if you didn't bring it to her attention.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 17 2020, 4:15 pm
amother [ Burlywood ] wrote:
You're awful and disgusting because some elderly are walking around, you condemn them all. How would you feel if people condemned all from people because of your attitude?

You are judging all.

Calling people awful and disgusting, what does that show on you??

amother
Bisque

Post Tue, Mar 17 2020, 4:16 pm
amother [ Wine ] wrote:
My FIL is diabetic, high blood pressure, smokes, etc. and over 60 is out working because other wise he won't have bread to eat

Diabetics shouldn't eat bread!

Sorry. Comic relief. I couldn't help myself.

Wishing him safety and good health.
Page 3 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics