Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Are all flu vaccines created equal?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Dec 28 2021, 9:49 pm
And I’m not asking in regard to the nasal vs injection.

My kids got their flu shots in different clinic/dates and only the 2 that got it st the same time had the flu. They were all heavily exposed to the others so interesting to me how not all got sick. (b’H!!)

amother
Hawthorn

Post Tue, Dec 28 2021, 9:51 pm
The flu vaccine is not working against the strains this year

amother
OP

Post Wed, Dec 29 2021, 6:43 am
amother [ Hawthorn ] wrote:

I thought it was working partially?

amother
Yellow

Post Wed, Dec 29 2021, 6:54 am
amother [ Hawthorn ] wrote:

We all got the flu vaccine. My youngest has the flu now (probably caught it from his classmates who were sick). But, bli ayinde hara, none of us got it. My other children were sick for around 1 to 2 days so I dont know if it was the flu,

but my child who has the flu now has been sick since sunday. He had to go to the er to check his breathing which is why he got tested. He is really not feeling well. Would he be worse if he didnt get the vaccine? I dont know.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Dec 29 2021, 8:34 am
amother [ Yellow ] wrote:
We all got the flu vaccine. My youngest has the flu now (probably caught it from his classmates who were sick). But, bli ayinde hara, none of us got it. My other children were sick for around 1 to 2 days so I dont know if it was the flu,

but my child who has the flu now has been sick since sunday. He had to go to the er to check his breathing which is why he got tested. He is really not feeling well. Would he be worse if he didnt get the vaccine? I dont know.

Oy Refuah sheleima
Did they give him anything in the ER? Does he have pneumonia?

NotInNJMommy

Post Wed, Dec 29 2021, 8:38 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
And I’m not asking in regard to the nasal vs injection.

My kids got their flu shots in different clinic/dates and only the 2 that got it st the same time had the flu. They were all heavily exposed to the others so interesting to me how not all got sick. (b’H!!)

How different were the dates when they received the vaccines?

Do you have their vaccine records including info on the specific vaccines that they received? (I know my printed record from the pediatrician will show that.) Also, most folks are provided paperwork with the manufacturer etc of what vaccine they are getting (but yeah, I also throw it out usually too.)

amother
Mulberry

Post Wed, Dec 29 2021, 8:42 am
A few years back, at the time there were 7 ppl living in my household. Only 2 got vaccinated, and only those 2 got the flu. All 5 kids slept in the same bedroom, yet no one else, all of whom were not vaccinated got infected. Go figure...

ETA - I believe that they tweak the vaccine more than once every season. So if some got it before the tweak, maybe it wasn't as effective.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Dec 29 2021, 8:43 am
NotInNJMommy wrote:
How different were the dates when they received the vaccines?

Do you have their vaccine records including info on the specific vaccines that they received? (I know my printed record from the pediatrician will show that.) Also, most folks are provided paperwork with the manufacturer etc of what vaccine they are getting (but yeah, I also throw it out usually too.)

First 2 got their shots on nov 4- those 2 had the flu.

The next one got the shot at a different provider nov 23 and the other one got it same place as first 2 but on dec 3.

I tried looking on the portal but it wasn’t logged which one was given. For one of them I could see which ones were given in years past (that one got it in the hospital) but this years wasn’t listed.

I should actually have the printout somewhere. Will check

sky

Post Wed, Dec 29 2021, 8:44 am
One dr told me the symptoms after flu mist are worse.
But another dr told me it isn’t true.
But since then I only give shot.

I give the flu shot. I don’t believe it fully prevents the flu.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Dec 29 2021, 8:45 am
sky wrote:
One dr told me the symptoms after flu mist are worse.
But another dr told me it isn’t true.
But since then I only give shot.

I give the flu shot. I don’t believe it fully prevents the flu.

Flu mist is a live vaccine

amother
Mulberry

Post Wed, Dec 29 2021, 8:47 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
First 2 got their shots on nov 4- those 2 had the flu.

The next one got the shot at a different provider nov 23 and the other one got it same place as first 2 but on dec 3.

I tried looking on the portal but it wasn’t logged which one was given. For one of them I could see which ones were given in years past (that one got it in the hospital) but this years wasn’t listed.

I should actually have the printout somewhere. Will check

See what I posted right above this post. Makes sense.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics