Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
Stubborn!
Previous  1  2

daagahminayin

Post Fri, May 02 2014, 7:54 am
5*Mom, yes, Dr. Greene did originate the method, which is geared towards kids with diagnosed behavioral disorders. In my opinion, Allan Katz makes it more accessible for kids within the normal range of behavioral challenges. But thanks for the clarification!

amother

Post Fri, May 02 2014, 8:35 am
OP here. Thank you for all your suggestions and posts. I really appreciate it! Very Happy

To be honest, she's only inflexible when she gets stuck so an ambigous statement such as 'you need to behave' doesn't bother her as it's not related to the issue she's stuck about. I wrote till next week in the original post but didn't actually mean an entire week, I told her until Monday.

I immediately instituted a new reward system to keep her motivated and so far we're doing well. This morning was unusually smooth sailing b'h. Of course I hope it lasts however I'm happy even with that and will iy'h be giving her the eraser on Monday regardless, as she's already invested a considerable amount of effort.

Your cheering me on is actually suprisingly encouraging. It's difficult when you're parenting an inflexible kid as you need to be on your toes at all times. Encouraging, rewarding, motivating and cheering on. She definitely lets me know when I've slackened... LOL
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children