Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Heeelp....stubborn stomache flab!!

amother

Post Sun, Jan 03 2010, 5:28 am
Ok so my baby is 6 months old and b'h I have lost all the baby weight and I actually weight 10 pounds less than I did before I got pregnant ( due to nursing). On the outside I look very thin (when dressed) but in reality my stomache is still a mushy mess!! anybody have any idea how to tone it? is it possible for my stomache to ever be the same as before I had a baby?? I'm just worried that with every child it will get worse and worse...

cookiecutter

Post Sun, Jan 03 2010, 8:07 am
hula hoop is supposedly becoming popular as a exercise thing. I have a similar problem (not from preg, though) and I plan to try it.

yentadevosha

Post Sun, Jan 03 2010, 9:32 am
Oh good for you! My baby is 6 months old as well, I still have 12 pounds on me that I'm struggling like crazy to get rid of. It's just not budging Sad

Hodu Lashem

Post Sun, Jan 03 2010, 10:34 am
Hoola hoop idea sounds good for strenthening core muscles. I know they make adult size hoops just fot that. But is it just doing the hoop for an extended amt of time? Or is there some kind of specific routine or workout out there?

life'sgreat

Post Sun, Jan 03 2010, 10:47 am
Is it stomach fat, or hanging skin? There isn't much you can do about the extra stretched skin.

MommytoB

Post Sun, Jan 03 2010, 10:53 am
It can take about 2 years to look better from what I heard! There is a method of strengthining your transverse abdominal muscle which will tighten everything though if you carried all out in front, some of the flab from the stretched skin might still be there a little.

Someone taught me these excersizes and they work. I have not looked at the website though:
http://www.maternalfitness.com/
http://www.amazon.com/Lose-Mum.....09813

chocolate moose

Post Sun, Jan 03 2010, 11:02 am
did you have a flat stomach before ? not everyone can achieve that, you know. one of my favorite trainers at my gym has a large stomach pouch.

amother

Post Mon, Jan 04 2010, 5:52 am
yes!! the only body part I never had to worry about was my flat stomache...lifesgreat is there really nothing to do if its hanging skin??

amother

Post Mon, Jan 04 2010, 5:55 am
another amother here.

oy, that hanging skin. I was never skinny, but my skin never hung. now I have this bit that I really hope will go away because it is not just gross but it is really uncomfortable.

there really is nothing to do to get rid of this hanging piece of skin?

life'sgreat

Post Mon, Jan 04 2010, 5:49 pm
Nothing, other than a tummy tuck. Tongue Out
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise